Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 09:31 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Everything that we know about God, heaven, hell, Jesus Christ, God's Kingdom ... and God's amazing love and grace is spelled-out in the Bible. Anything we choose to believe about those things, that is inconsistent with the Bible or says something else, is at best, conjecture.

I'm continually amazed by the number of folks on the Christian forum who isolate bits and pieces of scripture that seems to say what they want to hear .... while blatantly ignoring hundreds of passages that clearly say something else! Such is the case with the scripturally-baseless notion that non-believers who refuse to believe and trust in Jesus Christ during this lifetime ... will somehow magically be transported into God's eternal kingdom with believers, when they die!
jghorton, let me present your argument from a different perspective, and I humbly ask you to consider that the many who teach eternal hopelessness are deceived and the few who teach reconciliation for all may be on to something.

I'm continually amazed by the number of folks on the Christian forum who isolate bits and pieces of scripture that seems to say what they want to hear .... while blatantly ignoring hundreds of passages that clearly say something else! Such is the case with the scripturally-baseless notion that non-believers who refuse to believe and trust in Jesus Christ during this lifetime ... will be tortured/tormented forever in endless pain all the while Jesus stands by claiming to be the very definition of 'love' and commanding His followers to 'love'.

The scriptures quite clearly say God will have all men to be saved, Jesus is the savior of the world, God will reconcile all things, God will restore all things, God will be all in all, death will be defeated, and all will be made alive. Yet these things are ignored in favor of the idea of "endless torture".

Quote:
For one thing, Jesus clearly told Nicodemus: "Unless you are born again, you will NOT enter the Kingdom of heaven!" What is so hard to understand about that! God is not narrow-minded or bigoted (as so many call His teachings!) ... He has clearly and openly revealed His truth and then repeated it over and over and over again ... so that nobody has an excuse for not believing what it says!

It's almost unconscionable for someone to strip out obscure passages like Ezekial's 'dry bones' ... and build an entire eternal theology on that ... which contradicts the entire New Testament and Gospel of Christ! You may ridicule those who believe and trust the Bible as "fundies" or 'intolerant' --- but, I would much rather be found on the side of following God's Word too closely --- than, ignoring what it repeatedly says.
Its almost unconscionable for someone to strip out obscure symbolic passages like references to the Lake of fire in Revelations and build an entire doctrine around it, all the while ignoring that endless torture/torment chamber would be the most unloving thing imaginable, especially from a creator who is love itself.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 10:13 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Sin... stops... God?

Yet God sent His son to take away all sin?

God will NOT sin. Period. If you expect Him to lie for you, you are mistaken.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:08 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
God will NOT sin. Period. If you expect Him to lie for you, you are mistaken.
What are you talking about?!? No one said God lies or God sins.

You are the one who said a person's sin stops God. And I pointed out the absurdity of that statement, for God sent His son to take away all people's sin.

Its ironic because you are saying it would make God a liar if He took away all sin and saved the world.

Yet that is precisely what scripture says. He sent His son to save the world and to take away all sin. Yet this would be a "lie" if God actually did this? Unbelievable.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:13 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,358 times
Quote:
How can we possibly believe all hope is gone for those who have died in unbelief ?
I have never believed that the 'unbeliever' or 'unknowing nonbeliever' is without hope.

Those only ones I fear for, is the idiots who maliciously spread lies about God's Word.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:01 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Gods words says love never fails, so I guess that must be sarcasm in the bible.
Love never fails, this is true but not the way many would like it to be. God loves everyone so much He is willing to give them what they choose, You reject Christ and God rejects you, nuff said.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:09 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
What are you talking about?!? No one said God lies or God sins.

You are the one who said a person's sin stops God. And I pointed out the absurdity of that statement, for God sent His son to take away all people's sin.

Its ironic because you are saying it would make God a liar if He took away all sin and saved the world.

Yet that is precisely what scripture says. He sent His son to save the world and to take away all sin. Yet this would be a "lie" if God actually did this? Unbelievable.
No, I never said that a person's sin stops God. NEVER. And I never said it would make God a liar if he took away someone's sins. This is all your invention. You twisted my words and misrepresented them and even had your universlist friends jump up and down in agreement.

I said in plain language that God himself cannot sin. If He suddenly changed His own rules about salvation, it would make Him a liar. Pretty simple.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:22 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Love never fails, this is true but not the way many would like it to be. God loves everyone so much He is willing to give them what they choose, You reject Christ and God rejects you, nuff said.

Scripture says all I need to know about Love and why it never fails.

I have rejected God in the past, HE DID NOT REJECT ME, in fact his wrath remained upon me and he never gave up on me and now I accept him because that is what his love does.

We love God BECAUSE God loved us first.

There is absolutely nothing that you stated that even begins to match that scripture and truth.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:34 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, I never said that a person's sin stops God. NEVER.

Yes you did, Post #32, here is exactly what you said.

Quote:
There is something stopping Him from doing it. Sin. If he did it, it would make God a liar, sinner and an unjust king, and that will not happen.

How in plain language are you not stating that the "something" that is stopping God from doing something is "Sin".

How are you not stating that Sin stops God? That IS what YOU wrote.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:45 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Yes you did, Post #32, here is exactly what you said.

How in plain language are you not stating that the "something" that is stopping God from doing something is "Sin".

How are you not stating that Sin stops God? That IS what YOU wrote.
I think Finn might be saying if God is going to save all he would be sinning, because that would be an injustice. Is this right Finn ? I hope i'm wrong

Old 03-10-2011, 04:47 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I have never believed that the 'unbeliever' or 'unknowing nonbeliever' is without hope.

Those only ones I fear for, is the idiots who maliciously spread lies about God's Word.
Are you saying that ETer's are without hope?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity