Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 06:27 PM

12 posts, read 12,797 times

Advertisements

I am tired of Christians who fence sit. They want to please the world but if you serve God, you will offend the world. Yes, we are to be offensive to the world. Yes, we should be angry at the world because they are our enemy. The bible says be angry and sin not. The unsaved need to come up to our level, we shouldnt have to go down to there's and if they dont like it, thats just too bad. I do want them to be saved but I wont compromise the truth of God's word to do it. I will not fence sit

Amen.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:33 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,213,669 times
So... all that love thy neighbor stuff - Moderator cut: edit You should look down upon your neighbor, offend them, be angry with them, let them know that you are much better than they are, and not love them at all?
Okay...

Last edited by june 7th; 03-12-2011 at 07:53 PM..

Old 03-12-2011, 06:35 PM

23,026 posts, read 34,431,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanctified_4_life View Post
I am tired of Christians who fence sit. They want to please the world but if you serve God, you will offend the world. Yes, we are to be offensive to the world. Yes, we should be angry at the world because they are our enemy. The bible says be angry and sin not. The unsaved need to come up to our level, we shouldnt have to go down to there's and if they dont like it, thats just too bad. I do want them to be saved but I wont compromise the truth of God's word to do it. I will not fence sit

Amen.
Yes we can't please God if we're trying to please the world, sit on fence and you fall off on the wrong side!

Old 03-12-2011, 06:35 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,953,558 times
Quote:

Amen.

This is why I hate religion.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:36 PM

Geez - you guys can have your side of the fence! I think I'll stick to mine! We are a lot happier and friendlier over here!

Old 03-12-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
So... all that love thy neighbor stuff - that's just a load of crap? You should look down upon your neighbor, offend them, be angry with them, let them know that you are much better than they are, and not love them at all?
Okay...
You took that entirely out of context....I never said I was better than them but we cannot be soft on sin. I will have you know I witness to many people who have thanked me after they got saved that I cared enough to be hard on sin while loving the sinner. Its not easy being saved, its hard work

Old 03-12-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
You took that entirely out of context....I never said I was better than them but we cannot be soft on sin. I will have you know I witness to many people who have thanked me after they got saved that I cared enough to be hard on sin while loving the sinner. Its not easy being saved, its hard work
I think you made it perfectly clear how you feel about others in your first post. You will not stoop to their level - you don't care how they feel, they are your enemy, etc. I got it the first time. I think I'll pass, thank you.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
This is why I hate religion.

I hate religion too. Jesus is about relationship.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:40 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,672,944 times
Quote:

Amen.
Amen sanctified_4_life. I whole-heartedly agree with you...100%. The Bible tells us that those who love God keep His Commandments. Do you keep the Ten Commandments?...including the Fourth, in which God commands us to keep the Sabbath holy unto Him?

The truth is, sin is the transgression of the law of God...the law of God is the Ten Commandments. If you willfully transgress any one of them, you are not born again, and you are not a child of God, but a child of the devil.

Where do you stand?

In Christ's Love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes we can't please God if we're trying to please the world, sit on fence and you fall off on the wrong side!
Amen and amen and amen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.