Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 07:29 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,416,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Geez - you guys can have your side of the fence! I think I'll stick to mine! We are a lot happier and friendlier over here!
The grass is greener on your side of the fence, do you have another lawn chair or chaise lounge?

Nothing compares to loving your neighbor!

Last edited by Jerwade; 03-12-2011 at 07:37 PM..

Old 03-12-2011, 07:45 PM

12 posts, read 12,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Whoa, talk about lobbing a pile of nonsense over the fence. The are the few that defend the truth you attack. But please continue, as your type of reherotic may clearly show some fence sitters there is no reality on your side, just posturing and intolerance of all but the fanatical.

Amen...the people who say we are intolerant are really the intolerant ones

Old 03-12-2011, 07:47 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,543,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanctified_4_life View Post
I am tired of Christians who fence sit. They want to please the world but if you serve God, you will offend the world. Yes, we are to be offensive to the world. Yes, we should be angry at the world because they are our enemy. The bible says be angry and sin not. The unsaved need to come up to our level, we shouldnt have to go down to there's and if they dont like it, thats just too bad. I do want them to be saved but I wont compromise the truth of God's word to do it. I will not fence sit

Amen.
With all due respect I have to respectfully disagreeI had that drilled into me for many many years and it was hurting me to the point I just couldn't listen to man's teachings and still follow Christ's footsteps of love and tolerance and forgiveness at the same time.

So now I do sit on the fence. But not the fence many people describe as swaying back and forth with any doctrine of man that reaches my ears that seems right at the moment.

The fence I sit on is nearer to Him and I look up to Him for my guidance not down to the ones on each side of the fence whom I love with all my believing heart but just can't let their "wisdom" come between me and God..

I need no religion..I am in Christ, Christ is in me ..I may sit alone on my fence apart from many beloved family members and friends who turn their backs or just avoid me now in the rw.

With Christ I am at peace here and perfectly balanced on the fence as long as I focus on Him and what He has written in my heart. And I praise Him for His love and mercies along with the others who may also be here on the fence I sit on

FWIW I do not look down on the nonbelievers . They are important to me and I love and respect them.

Seems Christ readily mingled with them

Old 03-12-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
With all due respect I have to respectfully disagreeI had that drilled into me for many many years and it was hurting me to the point I just couldn't listen to man's teachings and still follow Christ's footsteps of love and tolerance and forgiveness at the same time.

So now I do sit on the fence. But not the fence many people describe as swaying back and forth with any doctrine of man that reaches my ears that seems right at the moment.

The fence I sit on is nearer to Him and I look up to Him for my guidance not down to the ones on each side of the fence whom I love with all my believing heart but just can't let their "wisdom" come between me and God..

I need no religion..I am in Christ, Christ is in me ..I may sit alone on my fence apart from many beloved family members and friends who turn their backs or just avoid me now in the rw.

With Christ I am at peace here and perfectly balanced on the fence as long as I focus on Him and what He has written in my heart. And I praise Him for His love and mercies along with the others who may also be here on the fence I sit on

FWIW I do not look down on the nonbelievers . They are important to me and I love and respect them.

Seems Christ readily mingled with them
Well I agree with part of that....but you need that drilled into you. Yes, it may hurt but that's gospel. It is not meant to make you feel good, it is meant to make you be good.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:51 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,365,738 times
Quote:
Amen...the people who say we are intolerant are really the intolerant ones
I'm your enemy, but I'm intolerant because you're angry with me.

Please... explain.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:53 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,674,215 times
Quote:
I am tired of Christians who fence sit. They want to please the world but if you serve God, you will offend the world. Yes, we are to be offensive to the world. Yes, we should be angry at the world because they are our enemy. The bible says be angry and sin not. The unsaved need to come up to our level, we shouldnt have to go down to there's and if they dont like it, thats just too bad. I do want them to be saved but I wont compromise the truth of God's word to do it. I will not fence sit

Amen.
well now, I think that's being a little arrogant on your part thinking that those of us that are not Christians are beneath you, actually I think it's the other way around. I am not a religious person, I'm a spiritual person and I treat my fellow human being with a whole lot more respect than your sacred book says that you should. As a native American I have never gone to war over somebody else's different religious belief, I have never taken the life of another person because they didn't believe the same as I did, how another person believes or worship their Creator is their business and as long as it does no harm to me or my people I have no problem with it but rest assured that if Christianity or even Islam decide to try and impose their religious beliefs on me or my people they will meet with the resistance that they have never experienced before, so who is the enemy, in my eyes you are the enemy.

Last edited by ptsum; 03-12-2011 at 08:03 PM..

Old 03-12-2011, 07:54 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Thank God that He is far more tolerant and patient than the word coming out of the church.

Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance? Romans 2:4.

Please give the riches of his kindness time to work in the lives of those he loves.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I'm your enemy, but I'm intolerant because you're angry with me.

Please... explain.

You are intolerant because you do to the servants of God exactly what the pharisees did to Jesus. You persecute the servants of God. We cant pray in the public schools, we are called bigots, hatemongers, KKK, you name it. The persecution we suffer, as believers, is very similar to what the Jews suffered in Nazi Germany. We suffer for our faith but we galdly endure because nobody can seperate us from the love of Christ Jesus.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:55 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,030,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
This is why I hate religion.

Yep, me too. The original post is absolutely ridiculous and has nothing to do with Christ.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post

Yep, me too. The original post is absolutely ridiculous and has nothing to do with Christ.

Cant you see it has everything to do with Jesus? He told us to stand our ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity