Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 02:30 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,505,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi Twin!

Can you please explain your post?
Are people here telling you that we are not saved by grace?

Blessings (and relax!),
brian
Yes .... and some do so without realizing it. It's more broad than just one person\sect ect. But to expand on it unfortunatly takes more than just one-liner sound bites.

The wolf's message has the capacity to adapt itself just enough to make the true message useless. It's purpose is to snare the unsuspecting, the weak and vunerable. Its literally a spiritual Venus fly trap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 03:34 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,840,661 times
A wolf in sheeps clothing can make a believer look like a faker and then turn on the believer and have a following of others in wolfs clothing to aid in the distruction of a believers witness. Hope this makes sence Twin.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:37 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,024,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Yes .... and some do so without realizing it. It's more broad than just one person\sect ect. But to expand on it unfortunatly takes more than just one-liner sound bites.

The wolf's message has the capacity to adapt itself just enough to make the true message useless. It's purpose is to snare the unsuspecting, the weak and vunerable. Its literally a spiritual Venus fly trap.
Jesus specifically said that of all the Father had given him, he would lose NOTHING. Also that no one can snatch the sheep from out of his hand. I believe Jesus.

Heartsong

Old 03-15-2011, 03:43 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,631,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Jesus specifically said that of all the Father had given him, he would lose NOTHING. Also that no one can snatch the sheep from out of his hand. I believe Jesus.

Heartsong
Me too Heartsong, I prefer to believe what Jesus said, and to get all up in arms about something you have no control over is not the Christian way and it says that one is not trusting the Lord and His Word.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
A wolf in sheeps clothing can make a believer look like a faker and then turn on the believer and have a following of others in wolfs clothing to aid in the distruction of a believers witness. Hope this makes sence Twin.
Yes it does RobinD69

Old 03-15-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Me too Heartsong, I prefer to believe what Jesus said, and to get all up in arms about something you have no control over is not the Christian way and it says that one is not trusting the Lord and His Word.
That's right Ilene...Jesus says 'go ahead follow whatever\whomever you feel like'
His warning is for a very good reason...it can and does happen.
Luke 21:8
He replied: “Watch out that you are not deceived.
For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The time is near.’
Do not follow them.
You know why Jesus says just the opposite, because
Matthew 24:5
For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ, ’ and will deceive many."

Matthew 24:11
many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:37 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Quote:

That is usually done by tarring the image of who he is. Jesus made it so clear who he was and IS, you would have to be blind to miss it. I was.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:50 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,631,430 times
Quote:
That's right Ilene...Jesus says 'go ahead follow whatever\whomever you feel like'
His warning is for a very good reason...it can and does happen.
Luke 21:8
He replied: “Watch out that you are not deceived.
For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The time is near.’
Do not follow them.
You know why Jesus says just the opposite, because
Matthew 24:5
For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ, ’ and will deceive many."

Matthew 24:11
many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

That's not what I was saying and you know it. Of course we are to heed Jesus' warnings, we are to be wary so as not to be deceived. You are subtly (but not really) hinting that UR is the culprit of your rant, and that could not be further from the truth.

We're not stupid and we know exactly how you feel about UR and that's what your OP is about. UR and the believers in it are not the problem and you need to realize that. Do some research and maybe you'll see that we are very much Christians and teach that Jesus Christ is the ONLY WAY to salvation and that we still believe there is a price to be paid for unbelief.

You've been told all of this before yet you refuse to see the light. Jesus was warning about REAL threats to Christianity such as idol worship and devil worshiping and those claiming to be Him. Anyone who is IN Christ Jesus will not be fooled by such things.

You really need to calm down about UR and learn about it instead of thinking it is the enemy. It's NOT.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:42 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,363,465 times
Quote:

If it's by grace and grace alone and your works have nothing to do with it... then what's the point of even having the idea of sin?

Seriously, if all it takes is believing to be saved then sinning shouldn't matter. It's not like sinning matters when you're saved, because according to you the only thing required is believing in Jesus.

Creating the idea of sin makes no sense (at least not logically) if you only have to believe to be saved and what you do in this life will ultimately not matter.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:02 PM

23,022 posts, read 34,409,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post

You really need to calm down about UR and learn about it instead of thinking it is the enemy. It's NOT.
Yes it IS! It is NOT what the Bible teaches (you used to understand that).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity