Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 10:43 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,529,924 times

Advertisements

The masquerading of the wolf in sheeps clothing is getting too much .... I'm about to burst out of my skin or blow up this computer screen

The Bible is very clear about how one is saved:

No works ... not by obeying any law ... not by any membership of any church (mine included).....Not by the amount of faith.......... Just by grace through faith.
John 9:38
Then the man said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him. ["him" being Jesus]

Romans 3:28
For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law.

Acts 15:11
No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

Romans 10:9
That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Last edited by twin.spin; 03-15-2011 at 10:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 10:48 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,963,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The masquerading of the wolf in sheeps clothing is getting too much .... I'm about to burst out of my skin or blow up this computer screen

No works ... not by obeying any law ... not by any membership of any church.....Not by the amount of faith.......... Just by grace through faith.

... simply by grace through faith:

No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Yes, Jesus is the only way and he will accomplish his mission 100% not 99% or less.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:50 AM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Amen i agree with you for once Twin. I am slowly getting over the getting mad thing we those who disagree with me(chastisement is never nice a thing),reaction is never a good thing,love is action.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Yes, Jesus is the only way .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
and he will accomplish his mission 100% not 99% or less.
for me will not go there.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:06 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,963,878 times
Quote:

for me will not go there.
Not talking about going anywhere but to Jesus.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:15 AM

8,186 posts, read 6,964,685 times
With what is happening to our Japanese neighbors... maybe we are all on edge. I know I was the other day. Maybe we should start a thread that helps us all find common ground. Maybe something about God's love or I don't know... uplifting things, positive things that we can unite over.
peace to ya twin..
I can understand where you're coming from.
I really can. (even though our beliefs are different)
sparrow

Old 03-15-2011, 11:21 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,216,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Maybe we should start a thread that helps us all find common ground. Maybe something about God's love or I don't know... uplifting things, positive things that we can unite over.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...-disagree.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...sagree-ii.html

Old 03-15-2011, 11:51 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,016,151 times
Quote:
I'm so happyt for you twin that you are finally bursting out of your wolf skins and trading them in for sheep skins!

Here is how the nations are saved:

1Co 15:1-4 Now I am making known to you, brethren, the evangel which I
bring to you, which also you accepted, in which also you stand, (2)
through which also you are saved, if you are retaining what I said in
bringing the evangel to you, outside and except you believe feignedly." (3)
For I give over to you among the first what also I accepted, that Christ
died for our sins according to the scriptures, (4) and that He was
entombed, and that He has been roused the third day according to the
scriptures,

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man can come to the Father but through Him.

Since all men will come to the Father eventually, it is only through Jesus that they can come.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I'm so happyt for you twin that you are finally bursting out of your wolf skins and trading them in for sheep skins!

Here is how the nations are saved:

1Co 15:1-4 Now I am making known to you, brethren, the evangel which I
bring to you, which also you accepted, in which also you stand, (2)
through which also you are saved, if you are retaining what I said in
bringing the evangel to you, outside and except you believe feignedly." (3)
For I give over to you among the first what also I accepted, that Christ
died for our sins according to the scriptures, (4) and that He was
entombed, and that He has been roused the third day according to the
scriptures,

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man can come to the Father but through Him.

Since all men will come to the Father eventually, it is only through Jesus that they can come.
Can't help yourself...can you. Everything has to be turned into a UR thing.......it's getting old.

The wolf's message is as much of a theology than it is an individual person. A theology is what what it professes......

Based that Jesus has always been the same......I believe 100% that John 9:38, Romans 3:28, Acts 15:11, Romans 10:9 has and always will seperate the message from the true Shepherd and his true followers and the wolf in sheep's clothing.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:52 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,385,351 times
Quote:

No works ... not by obeying any law ... not by any membership of any church (mine included).....Not by the amount of faith.......... Just by grace through faith.

Hi Twin!

Can you please explain your post?
Are people here telling you that we are not saved by grace?

Blessings (and relax!),
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity