Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 08:59 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,369,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Maybe instead of reading only the bottom verse in the chapter you should try reading the top verse and see who the verse is adressing. Pulling verses out of context is a sure way to error.

1 Corinthians 1:2 clearly shows us that 1 Cor. 1:30 is speaking (TO ALL WHO CALL ON THE NAME OF JESUS).

It is not adressing the world in general.
This is the greatest error of fundamental christianity to think that the word given to them is their's only, you do not own the word or have exclusive rights to it,nor the final say on what it is actually saying, because it's spiritually discerned,it's also not "now i'm a christian i understand it from cover to cover". Jesus said freely give what you have received?(daily bread).

The fact of the matter is whether it's to believers or not, does not change the fact that the only reason YOU are in Christ is because of HIM not YOU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 09:04 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,844,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Mike is right. Apokatastasis was improperly used by some Universalists. Christ remains in heaven until the restoration of all things as spoken of by the prophets. He does not remain in heaven until Colossians 1:20 because Colossians 1:20 occurrs at the conclusion of the ages. Way before that Jesus comes back and sets foot on Zion, saves Israel and begins the 1000 year kingdom on the earth.

".... and begins the 1000 year kingdom on the earth." Pity; it would all be relative to regard universalism if you didn't add the the absolute HOPE for unbelief.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:57 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,983,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This is the greatest error of fundamental christianity to think that the word given to them is their's only, you do not own the word or have exclusive rights to it,nor the final say on what it is actually saying, because it's spiritually discerned,it's also not "now i'm a christian i understand it from cover to cover". Jesus said freely give what you have received?(daily bread).

The fact of the matter is whether it's to believers or not, does not change the fact that the only reason YOU are in Christ is because of HIM not YOU.

God has given us all free will. We can choose to accept Him or we can choose to reject Him. Most will reject Him, and most will not enter God's Kingdom. When we accept Christ into our life it is a free gift. Yet even Christ asks the question. How will some neglect so great a salvation? Christ is telling you that there will be people who will neglect His gift of salvation. I don't own the word, yet I sure can read what is there. And I refuse to ignore it's clear teachings. Scripture tells us that God desires all to be saved. Yet Scripture clearly states that this is not going to happen.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
God has given us all free will. We can choose to accept Him or we can choose to reject Him. Most will reject Him, and most will not enter God's Kingdom. When we accept Christ into our life it is a free gift. Yet even Christ asks the question. How will some neglect so great a salvation? Christ is telling you that there will be people who will neglect His gift of salvation. I don't own the word, yet I sure can read what is there. And I refuse to ignore it's clear teachings. Scripture tells us that God desires all to be saved. Yet Scripture clearly states that this is not going to happen.
Campbell
how shall we(you and I) escape if we ignore such a great salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him. Hebrews 2:3

When we believers ignore this great Salvation we will be chastised, punished by God for it.When we ignore it we are no different to the world, we honor him with our lips but our heart is far from him.

How can an unbeliever neglect what he does not have, does not see , or does not know what he has?.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Campbell
how shall we(you and I) escape if we ignore such a great salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him. Hebrews 2:3

When we believers ignore this great Salvation we will be chastised, punished by God for it.When we ignore it we are no different to the world, we honor him with our lips but our heart is far from him.

How can an unbeliever neglect what he does not have, does not see , or does not know what he has?.

Numerous people from the Middle East and elsewhere are now telling us that in their search for God. Jesus is appearing to them in dreams, and visions. And He is telling them to follow Him. People who seek God will find Him. Yet most people have no desire to search. God has put in us all an empty space that only God can fill. And so many who have never heard the name of Jesus Christ are finding Him by God's supernatural revelations. Seekers, become believers, and believers will enter God's Kigdom.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Numerous people from the Middle East and elsewhere are now telling us that in their search for God. Jesus is appearing to them in dreams, and visions. And He is telling them to follow Him. People who seek God will find Him. Yet most people have no desire to search. God has put in us all an empty space that only God can fill. And so many who have never heard the name of Jesus Christ are finding Him by God's supernatural revelations. Seekers, become believers, and believers will enter God's Kigdom.
Yes when i first believed i thought it was me seeking,finding,choosing and accepting Jesus, but when i sat at his feet(the mind of Christ) i began to see it was all because of him. I saw i was chosen, i saw it was him drawing me, i saw it was his goodness and kindness that caused me to repent, basic milk of the word stuff really.

It's because of him that you are in Christ Jesus 1 Cor 1:30

Old 04-03-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Yes when i first believed i thought it was me seeking,finding,choosing and accepting Jesus, but when i sat at his feet(the mind of Christ) i began to see it was all because of him. I saw i was chosen, i saw it was him drawing me, i saw it was his goodness and kindness that caused me to repent, basic milk of the word stuff really.

It's because of him that you are in Christ Jesus 1 Cor 1:30

So are you telling us that when people refuse to believe in Jesus, God did not call them?

John 3:18 Whosoever believes in him is not condemned, but whosoever (DOES NOT BELIEVE STANDS CONDEMNED ALREADY BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT BELIEVED IN THE NAME OF GOD'S ONE AND ONLY SON.

Who are these people that are condemned already? Or do you just ignore that statement?

Old 04-03-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
So are you telling us that when people refuse to believe in Jesus, God did not call them?

John 3:18 Whosoever believes in him is not condemned, but whosoever (DOES NOT BELIEVE STANDS CONDEMNED ALREADY BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT BELIEVED IN THE NAME OF GOD'S ONE AND ONLY SON.

Who are these people that are condemned already? Or do you just ignore that statement?
Well do you really believe that Jesus was lying when He said He sought YOU , He chose YOU , He found YOU ? Or are YOU going to carry on ignoring these statements of Jesus. I guarantee YOU that if you are willing just accept this as being Jesus' word rather than mine, your life will radically change, because instead of being grounded in what YOU have done , YOU will be grounded in what He's Done.While you believe the opposite to what Jesus taught you are grounded in what you believe YOU did.It's all about Jesus accomplishing what He was sent to do, not YOU accomplishing it for him.

It's because of Him that YOU are in Christ 1 Corinthians 1 verse 30

Old 04-03-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Well do you really believe that Jesus was lying when He said He sought YOU , He chose YOU , He found YOU ? Or are YOU going to carry on ignoring these statements of Jesus. I guarantee YOU that if you are willing just accept this as being Jesus' word rather than mine, your life will radically change, because instead of being grounded in what YOU have done , YOU will be grounded in what He's Done.While you believe the opposite to what Jesus taught you are grounded in what you believe YOU did.It's all about Jesus accomplishing what He was sent to do, not YOU accomplishing it for him.

It's because of Him that YOU are in Christ 1 Corinthians 1 verse 30
Jesus choose those who first believe. And Jesus tells us, that not everyone that says Lord, Lord, will enter into God's Kingdom.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:17 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,426,926 times
Quote:
Jesus tells us, that not everyone that says Lord, Lord, will enter into God's Kingdom.
What exactly is the Kingdom of God?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity