Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 11:17 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,029,457 times

Advertisements

I thought it would be good to start a thread and call it the LOVE Thread. I hope that all responses will be ONLY about love,,, songs, poems, scriptures, sayings about LOVE.

I am love. Michael W. Smith

YouTube - I am love. Michael W. Smith
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 05:53 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,168,042 times
Faith and prayer can open the very heart of the Celestial Spheres, and God's Divine Love will flow down into your soul as the avalanche of snow that feels the warmth of the sun's bright rays rushes from its mountain heights when winter leaves with its chilling gloom and blasting breath for other climes.

God's Divine Love is not only warmth, but it is the very burnings of the soul's great storehouse of God's Divine Essence.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:36 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,031,779 times
Pretty amazing that there are only two replies since a staple of Christianity is Love. I guess there aren't many christians out there. Or maybe people just don't think Love is relevant.

Personally, Love rules!!! God gave us the most wonderful of all Gifts, Divine Love. All you gotta do is ask.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:23 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,378,248 times
Today I was thinking about my friend who died of cancer last June.
I have to say that although he was not a "Christian" by most people's standards, I feel a deep care and love for him. I wouldn't ever think of putting him in any place of "torment" for any reason. I know that I could show him much love today.

Can God do any less?
Am I able to love sinners more than God does?
Am I more forgiving than God is?

Blessings,
brian

Old 04-02-2011, 12:36 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,031,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Today I was thinking about my friend who died of cancer last June.
I have to say that although he was not a "Christian" by most people's standards, I feel a deep care and love for him. I wouldn't ever think of putting him in any place of "torment" for any reason. I know that I could show him much love today.

Can God do any less?
Am I able to love sinners more than God does?
Am I more forgiving than God is?

Blessings,
brian
I don't think you can love more than God but you can love equally. You're on a good path so no doubt you'll be able to.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:03 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,029,457 times

. . . . . . He Turned The Water Into Wine

YouTube - Johnny Cash: He Turned The Water Into Wine

Old 04-03-2011, 05:38 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,378,248 times
As I listen to Johnny Cash singing, I wanted to share a few lines from Leo Tolstoy's "The Kingdom of God is Within You." You can find the whole book online for free, here: Leo Tolstoy - The Kingdom of God is Within You (http://www.kingdomnow.org/withinyou.html - broken link)

"The Christian doctrine brings a man to the elementary consciousness of self, only not of the animal self, but of the divine self, the divine spark, the self as the Son of God, as much God as the Father himself, though confined in an animal husk. The consciousness of being the Son of God, whose chief characteristic is love, satisfies the need for the extension of the sphere of love to which the man of the social conception of life had been brought. For the latter, the welfare of the personality demanded an ever-widening extension of the sphere of love; love was a necessity and was confined to certain objects-- self, family, society. With the Christian conception of life, love is not a necessity and is confined to no object; it is the essential faculty of the human soul. Man loves not because it is his interest to love this or that, but because love is the essence of his soul, because he cannot but love.

The Christian doctrine shows man that the essence of his soul is love--that his happiness depends not on loving this or that object, but on loving the principle of the whole--God, whom he recognizes within himself as love, and therefore he loves all things and all men." (ch.4)

This work of Leo Tolstoy's is not very well-known. Most people associate him with his early works of War and Peace and Anna Karenina.
But his later works, a result of an intense personal spiritual awakening, are what have made a big impact on me. His were some of the first works which laid out plain how Christianity has been made into a religion which it was never meant to be. How man's desire to make laws and regulations of how to know God has corrupted the true message of Christ.

This work talks about that and other notions, such as man's transition from self to society to God. First was man's love for self. Then came the larger love for family, tribe or state.
Now, man is being "pulled" into Christ, which is God within us, and it is God's presence of Love within us, that will eventually bring all humanity into the ability to love all mankind as himself-- all because of God's Love within us.

This is, ironically, very much in line with what I have often mentioned on this forum, about the "first Adam" which has polluted all mankind, and how it is slowly but continuously being replaced by the "last Adam," or Christ, and that eventually we will all walk in the Love of God within us, and we will all understand and realize our True Heritage as Sons of God.

Blessings!
brian

Old 04-03-2011, 05:58 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Default Love is All you need

YouTube - Black Peppercorns - Love is all you need.wmv

Old 04-03-2011, 07:12 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,168,042 times
Hold Me by Jamie Grace

YouTube - (New Song) Hold Me featuring tobyMac

Old 04-04-2011, 01:27 AM

8 posts, read 8,066 times
love conquers all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity