Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 01:04 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,622,757 times

Advertisements

I am a follower of the man Christ Jesus. I am a born again believer. I believe the Father of all has intense love for every human ever born and will not forsake any one of them till they are all totally free and made 'whole' (ie: complete. See thread The Restitution Of All Things=)

So, I am here to proclaim my love for all humans. The good, the bad and the ugly. Even the lost/distressed ones. Even the evil ones (Father forgive them - they know not what they do). And such were some of us. But the love of God in Christ Jesus transformed us into what we are today.

So to all Christians, Atheists, Agnostics, to those belonging or not belonging to any creed, culture or people group:

"I love you".

May you see the light sooner rather than later. In our heart of hearts we all want the same thing: Love, acceptance, peace.

Let's change our world... together
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 06:09 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,404,434 times
The only problem firstborn is that when people try to change the world based on religion it is always a disaster. Especially when it comes to Christians and Muslims. Nice thought though! If that's how you really feel then you are one of a kind! : )

Old 03-31-2009, 07:35 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,525,709 times
I think love begats tolerance, compassion and understanding of those who are different from us..

Old 03-31-2009, 07:46 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,524,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I think love begats tolerance, compassion and understanding of those who are different from us..

oh yes, you always could rely on that!

Last edited by effie g-tad; 03-31-2009 at 08:31 AM.. Reason: and wouldn't i..

Old 03-31-2009, 10:09 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,840,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
But is it love if you tolerate them destroying themselves and others? Is it love if you are so compassionate towards those who are different that you just allow them to do something that hurts them and others? Is it understanding to not want to save someone from themselves or others?

Love also begats justice, righteousness, and truth.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:35 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,190,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
But is it love if you tolerate them destroying themselves and others? Is it love if you are so compassionate towards those who are different that you just allow them to do something that hurts them and others? Is it understanding to not want to save someone from themselves or others?

You mentioned love and understanding in the same sentence...

Old 03-31-2009, 10:47 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,525,709 times
Quote:

I did not say I would tolerate someone destroying themselves and others..If I saw someone harming himself or threatening others, I would without a thought, place myself in harms way..I am all for the human need for justice "rightness" and truth as far as the lives we have to live here and I imagine all societies are built on those principles..
Every one I meet is different from me, I have no desire to make them like myself if we are talking God and beliefs here..If He wanted us all to be alike, we would be clones..I have found that everyone I know whose beliefs differ from mine has something of Gods love to share with me...God is not a legalist, fundamentalist, Catholic or any of the made up religions in between..
Who am I to judge a persons walk with God/Christ..I may be wrong I do not use my sins present or past to condemn others. God has forgotten them and so should I
Words said in angry persuit of an unbeliever only drives them away..
One thing I know.."Christ in me" Let Him do the calling through my love, words and actions and my understanding of others.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:51 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,575,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
i am a follower of the man christ jesus. I am a born again believer. I believe the father of all has intense love for every human ever born and will not forsake any one of them till they are all totally free and made 'whole' (ie: Complete. See thread The Restitution Of All Things=)

"i love you".

May you see the light sooner rather than later. In our heart of hearts we all want the same thing: Love, acceptance, peace.

Let's change our world... Together
I don't mind your thread but was the "Attention all humans" really necessary? How is that love?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 03-31-2009 at 11:02 AM..

Old 03-31-2009, 11:34 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,840,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
You mentioned love and understanding in the same sentence...
?

Old 03-31-2009, 11:39 AM

63,885 posts, read 40,157,333 times
Quote:

It is love to feel those things about another's fate, Robin . . . but it is your "not LET them" and "not Allow" that are wrong-headed. Spiritual development is an individual task that MUST be done by the individual for personal inner motives . . . not coerced or mandated or sanctioned by others or external forces, period. ONLY such internal transformation has value to them . . . anything else is false and worthless. Being in a loving supportive environment is the only hope they have to ever experience that inner transformation.

The worst part about the "tough love" and "condemnation/damnation" approach is that it aggravates the situation and places them in a psychological state and environment that fosters and enhances the very things that will prevent any inner transformation and growth. It hurts far more than it helps the ones you profess to want to help. Telling someone they are loved while beating them with a stick simply lacks credibility and only reflects a desire to dominate and control them.

Once someone is placed in the category of criminal . . they tend to live with criminals and criminal forces shape and control them making it difficult to ever overcome and reform. We are creatures of our environments as well as our personal desires and motivations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity