Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 04:17 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,606,327 times

Advertisements

I can agree to that. I just didn't want any New Ager telling me about guiding spirits of a past life of the 5th demension stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 08:45 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,730,651 times
The love and embodiment of Christ pours forth in every word you type, eyewrist. You are truly an inspiration to generations to come.

I engaged with you as a way of helping you understand your experiences better based on my own experiences. I engaged from a source of love. Now you've just pissed me off. Do you not see how your last post is inflammatory, bordering on a personal attack?

Does it make you feel better to dismiss me as a "New Ager"? To put me in a little box you have chosen specially to contain my worldview so you can close the flaps and never have to deal with anyone who thinks differently from you? Does it give you that warm, fuzzy feeling of superiority now that I'm some "other" that couldn't possibly speak any truth of Christ?

The wisdom of Christ knows no bounds of dogma. Try talking to people rather than attacking them and you might begin to learn that all truly is One.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:38 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,847,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Okay, I can see that.

Now: you claim (if I understand you correctly), that in order to properly witness to gay people; that we need to point out to them, that their lifestyle is wrong. That it is sin.

You said that needed to be done, because it is an obvious truth.

I ask you - if it is an obvious truth, why can you not just hand them a Bible?

If what you are saying, is what the Bible teaches, why do they need it "pointed out," if it is in scripture? Why not just give them a Bible, and let them read it for themselves?
Because they skip the parts that disagree with their flesh and even go so far as to claim the Bible is false. If we tell them the truth then the Lord uses that truth no matter how harsh it may sound to draw them closer to Him and hopefully make the right choice. But as you and I both know many of the gays around here want their sin accepted because they label themselves with their sin and dont want to let it go. It is not our words that run them off or even our lack of love in those words but their insincerity to want to trully serve God when all they are doing is serving themselves and expecting God to be happy with that.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:14 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,630,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
I can agree to that. I just didn't want any New Ager telling me about guiding spirits of a past life of the 5th demension stuff.
I think BF already said that they are not a New Ager? What may help is to meet folks where they're at and that's why I'm willing to talk about the 'beings' BF mentioned since the scripture also speaks of messengers AKA 'ministering spirits' which exist for our benefit.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I think BF already said that they are not a New Ager? What may help is to meet folks where they're at and that's why I'm willing to talk about the 'beings' BF mentioned since the scripture also speaks of messengers AKA 'ministering spirits' which exist for our benefit.
Speaking of Angels and those that do not contradict scripture.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Speaking of Angels and those that do not contradict scripture.
So, you've been 'visited'?

Old 04-02-2009, 04:39 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,033,063 times
I think the only way to change the world is to change ourselves. If everyone worked on themselves--another post entirely--the world would change for the better.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
So, you've been 'visited'?
According to the Bible we may have entertained Angels unawares. Yes I believe I have been visited and what I was told did not contradict the scriptures.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
I think the only way to change the world is to change ourselves. If everyone worked on themselves--another post entirely--the world would change for the better.
Yep

Old 04-02-2009, 05:30 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,797,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Because they skip the parts that disagree with their flesh and even go so far as to claim the Bible is false. If we tell them the truth then the Lord uses that truth no matter how harsh it may sound to draw them closer to Him and hopefully make the right choice. But as you and I both know many of the gays around here want their sin accepted because they label themselves with their sin and dont want to let it go. It is not our words that run them off or even our lack of love in those words but their insincerity to want to trully serve God when all they are doing is serving themselves and expecting God to be happy with that.
If they skip the parts that "disagree with their flesh," then that's their choice, isn't it?

All we are responsible for, is seeing that we have exposed them to the love of Christ, and the gospel. The gospel being Jesus shed blood on the cross, and our faith in that blood.

That's it.

The gospel is not: "you are a sinner because you're living a homosexual lifestyle and you'll burn in hell," because they had that, with the law. The threat of all of these awful things happening was not enough to make man keep the law, because man cannot keep the law. If he could, we wouldn't have needed the Lord.

Do they need to know that the wages of sin is death? Yes. But that's the Lord's job, his right, to do that - we are not called to be the morality police.

It's not your job to straighten everyone else out, sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity