Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:40 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,844,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
When you begrin to experience ultimate truth, you will understand why truth does not exist in any book but rather within each of us.

Until you have that transcendent moment in which you connect to the ageless wisdom (nothing new about it), you simply cannot understand what I'm saying.

The first step is in accepting that no one path has all the answers.
I am sorry but that is New Age and not Christianity. There is only one true path and that is Jesus Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 10:52 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,725,527 times
Precisely. Christ taught us how we can all become masters as he was.

He walked this earth to demonstrate what all humans are capable of achieving through a mastery of consciousness - a balance between the masculine and the feminine, an alignment with the power the binds all life, an illumination of all 7 chakras, if you would like to use eastern lingo.

It is all just different ways of explaining what Christ demonstrated in the flesh.

I have no idea what "New Age" is. It was some quasi-religious movement that rose up in the 70s. Everytime I encounter people who call themselves that, I am compelled to run away. They seem very confused.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Precisely. Christ taught us how we can all become masters as he was.

He walked this earth to demonstrate what all humans are capable of achieving through a mastery of consciousness - a balance between the masculine and the feminine, an alignment with the power the binds all life, an illumination of all 7 chakras, if you would like to use eastern lingo.
?? May need more clarification.

Quote:
It is all just different ways of explaining what Christ demonstrated in the flesh.
Scripture please?

Quote:
I have no idea what "New Age" is. It was some quasi-religious movement that rose up in the 70s. Everytime I encounter people who call themselves that, I am compelled to run away. They seem very confused.
Oprah is promoting the New Age movement.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:37 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,528,773 times
aaahhhh: Oprah ....

she's been doing that with very apparent love ...., however ....

Old 04-01-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
aaahhhh: Oprah ....

she's been doing that with very apparent love ...., however ....
She seeks praise while denying the one true path.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:46 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,528,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
She seeks praise while denying the one true path.

you see, before i rallye to join your ranks in an impersonalized forum / medium, i'd rather identify myself and tell her to her face what i find bothering me ...

Old 04-01-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
?? May need more clarification.
God is manifesting not as one man, but through all humans. As prophecy suggests, the time is come for Christ to return. Rather than one person, it is an awakening of the consciousness of all to realize we can all become what he was.

Quote:
Scripture please?
No book contains the Word of God. No need for scripture. Just trust your intuition.

Quote:
Oprah is promoting the New Age movement.
Oh. Well, if that's the case, then one would be hard pressed to see who is doing more good from a source of love - her or someone like Jerry Falwell.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:48 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,539,736 times
i do too ----from a safe distance --i have got swine muddy footprints all over my chest. lost some good pearls in the rush too.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
God is manifesting not as one man, but through all humans. As prophecy suggests, the time is come for Christ to return. Rather than one person, it is an awakening of the consciousness of all to realize we can all become what he was.
I dont know if I can agree with this completely.

Quote:
No book contains the Word of God. No need for scripture. Just trust your intuition.
I trust the Holy Spirit because the intuition is of the heart and the heart is a deceitful thing.

Quote:
Oh. Well, if that's the case, then one would be hard pressed to see who is doing more good from a source of love - her or someone like Jerry Falwell.
We considering Falwell is dead, I would still have to say him. She seeks self glorification and much of what he did was in secret.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:57 AM

I'm not asking you to agree with me. Just as you speak your truth based on your experience, I speak mine based on mine. Through it, we gain insights into the larger truth. I've learned quite a bit talking to fundamentalists on this forum.

I guess I can't fully agree with your charge that one must deny her truest self in favor of some external force demanding worship. Why would God create humans capable of self-awareness and then spend centuries getting them to deny that self-awareness?

It just doesn't make any sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity