Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2011, 07:57 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,709,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
He is just.
I agree he is just

Old 07-04-2011, 01:04 AM

234 posts, read 238,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
This is a very good link Rodger and one that I hope Robin will read.
Actually, it isn't of any value whatever, because the author's entire article is based on a wrong premise. That premise, that error, is one common to both ETrs and URs. It is an error also common to pagans, many unbelievers, spiritualists, occultists, satanists, luciferians, animists, worshippers of ancestors, and just about everyone else in between. They have all bought into the very first lie of Satan from the garden of Eden, "thou shalt not surely die"; a lie in direct contrast to the statement of our Lord which declares "in the day that thou eat thereof, thou shalt surely die".
The lie that we continue to live beyond the grave is as ancient as the hills , but it doesn't make it right. The Bible does not teach anything of life beyond the grave without a resurrection. The resurrection was the Christian hope. None of the apostles, prophets, or writers of the Bible nor Jesus Himself intimated in any form that the soul or spirit is immortal. When the body dies, everything dies with it.
There is no entity to be taught beyond the grave, there is no life that can be 'made alive' through preaching or influence after death.
Read Genesis 2:7. Man is a living soul...he does not have a soul. In fact according to Genesis all creatures are living souls. (Genesis 1:21...creature is translated here from the same Hebrew word that is translated elsewhere soul, Heb. nephesh meaning 'living creature', which in scripture applies to man and beast, and according to Ezekiel 18:20, the soul that sinneth shall die.)
When a person in the Bible speaks saying "my soul, my soul, etc" he is in effect saying my life, my life. He is speaking of the whole person, just as Jesus was when He said Mt 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Plato brought this belief into mainstream philosophical thought and I have seen much evidence of his thinking in these forums. Thus Plato, Socrates et al have been elevated above the word of God.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:27 AM

11,902 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakelite View Post
There is no entity to be taught beyond the grave, there is no life that can be 'made alive' through preaching or influence after death.
Read Genesis 2:7. Man is a living soul...he does not have a soul. In fact according to Genesis all creatures are living souls. (Genesis 1:21...creature is translated here from the same Hebrew word that is translated elsewhere soul, Heb. nephesh meaning 'living creature', which in scripture applies to man and beast, and according to Ezekiel 18:20, the soul that sinneth shall die.)
When a person in the Bible speaks saying "my soul, my soul, etc" he is in effect saying my life, my life. He is speaking of the whole person, just as Jesus was when He said Mt 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Plato brought this belief into mainstream philosophical thought and I have seen much evidence of his thinking in these forums. Thus Plato, Socrates et al have been elevated above the word of God.

1Pe 4:5 who will give account to Him having readiness to judge the living and dead.
1Pe 4:6 For to this end also the gospel was preached to the dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but might live according to God in the Spirit.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:53 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,409,546 times
Default Ceasing to exist versus universal salvation

Quote:
Actually, it isn't of any value whatever, because the author's entire article is based on a wrong premise. That premise, that error, is one common to both ETrs and URs. It is an error also common to pagans, many unbelievers, spiritualists, occultists, satanists, luciferians, animists, worshippers of ancestors, and just about everyone else in between. They have all bought into the very first lie of Satan from the garden of Eden, "thou shalt not surely die"; a lie in direct contrast to the statement of our Lord which declares "in the day that thou eat thereof, thou shalt surely die".
The lie that we continue to live beyond the grave is as ancient as the hills , but it doesn't make it right. The Bible does not teach anything of life beyond the grave without a resurrection. The resurrection was the Christian hope. None of the apostles, prophets, or writers of the Bible nor Jesus Himself intimated in any form that the soul or spirit is immortal. When the body dies, everything dies with it.
But brakelite, twin-spin is eagerly looking forward to rejoicing when all the non-Christians begin an eternity of inescapable everlasting suffering.
Don't you think it's rather insensitive of you to say stuff that might rob him of that anticipated pleasure?

Seriously though, I think that Gary's article successfully refutes your attempt to prove that the Bible teaches that people will cease to exist.
Makes me think you didn't actually read it.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:33 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,628,851 times
Quote:
Just because you feel it doesn't have any value doesn't mean that it doesn't. Like Rodger said, I don't think you read the link at all. It is a good read for people like Robin who might want to gain a different perspective since he doesn't believe in ET. And Meerkat just proved to you with scripture that the dead are very much "alive" and can and will be given the opportunity to accept Christ after death.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:36 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,766,535 times
Quote:
Actually, it is the other way around. The premise that the article was written on was accurate, but what you have been programmed to believe your entire christian life concerning Christs inability to accomplish everything God desires is the "WRONG premise".

Christ will not fail to accomplish everything our father desires, in spite of the fact that you and so many others like you persist in teaching that he will ... The traditions of men make the word of God to little or none affect, and that is exactly what you are doing when you teach that the vast majority of humans will never be saved!

Old 07-04-2011, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Just because you feel it doesn't have any value doesn't mean that it doesn't. Like Rodger said, I don't think you read the link at all. It is a good read for people like Robin who might want to gain a different perspective since he doesn't believe in ET. And Meerkat just proved to you with scripture that the dead are very much "alive" and can and will be given the opportunity to accept Christ after death.
On the contrary, and so not to be repetetive, I answered Meerkat here//www.city-data.com/forum/19868046-post26.html
You too, along with 95% of 'Christianity' believe Satan's first lie, "ye shall not surely die...."

Old 07-04-2011, 06:51 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,766,535 times
Quote:
On the contrary, and so not to be repetetive, I answered Meerkat here//www.city-data.com/forum/19868046-post26.html
You too, along with 95% of 'Christianity' believe Satan's first lie, "ye shall not surely die...."
You are lying ... We UR's(though there may be some exceptions to the rule) believe that it is accounted unto all people to die once and then to face judgment, as the wages of sin is death, and we are all sinners.

But we also believe that all those who die because of the sin Adam, will be made alive because of the righteousness of Christ, as all who die in Adam will be made alive in Christ, even though you don't believe it.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:01 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,628,851 times
Quote:
Ironmaw just said it plainly and clearly.......you're lying about UR's. We all must die, that's a given. What happens after our physical death is what is being debated here.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Actually, it is the other way around. The premise that the article was written on was accurate, but what you have been programmed to believe your entire christian life concerning Christs inability to accomplish everything God desires is the "WRONG premise".

Christ will not fail to accomplish everything our father desires, in spite of the fact that you and so many others like you persist in teaching that he will ... The traditions of men make the word of God to little or none affect, and that is exactly what you are doing when you teach that the vast majority of humans will never be saved!
It isn't about inability at all. I know He is able to accomplish whatever He wants, but even God cannot break the very rules He Himself set. The first and foremost rule is the natural law that when we die, we surely die! Period.
We are mortal. Not immortal. We die. When Paul spoke of mortality putting on immortality, he clearly tells us when this is to take place. At the second coming. Not before. Until then, we are in the grave, dead. The resurrection is our only hope. When we are given eternal life, that comes to us as a gift. Again, it is a gift that comes to us at the second coming, when we are resurrected. There is no life in the grave that we can be taught or preached to by anyone. This life is it. Our only opportunity, and if we do not take advantage now, we remain in our sins and are lost. The only resurrection we can then look forward to is the resurrection of the damned at the end of the 1000 years, all recipients of which are thrown into the lake of fire and destroyed. Not converted.

Psalm 88:10 ¶ Wilt thou shew wonders to the dead? shall the dead arise and praise thee? Selah.
11 Shall thy lovingkindness be declared in the grave? or thy faithfulness in destruction?
12 Shall thy wonders be known in the dark? and thy righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?.....

.....146:2 While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity