Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 08:53 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,406,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I got chills thinking about how much suffering the doctrine of ET has brought upon the world and how it is appropriate to think of it in terms of a spiritual holocaust, which is truly what it is. I could never view it any other way now. "The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light..."
I whole-heartedly agree Heartsong, speaking from experience.
Here is a list of the chapters of SPIRITUAL TERRORISM for anyone who might be interested
Boyd C. Purcell, author of Spiritual Terrorism: Spiritual Abuse from the Womb to the Tomb

Old 06-27-2011, 09:34 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOKENFOR View Post
I have not read all of the responses, so hopefully I will not recommend a book that already is recommended.

'If God Is Love-Rediscovering Grace in an Ungracious World"

"If Grace is True-Why God will Save Every Person"

To date, these are two of the best CU books I've ever read. There are of course many others, but these two I HIGHLY recommend. These would be the two I recommend especially for someone who has doubts about Universal Salvation.

If these books don't prick something in your brain, then you just might be brainless. lol! ( Not YOU, just speaking in general )

The books are co-authored by "Phillip Gulley & James Mulholland"
Yes, I love "If Grace is True". I have a pretty good collection of Christian UR books. I spent a couple of years feeling like I was floating around on a cloud when I first tasted the depth of God's love. And I just loved everyone in the whole world! The spirit of this world rejects that Holy Spirit of Love, unfortunately.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:44 AM

224 posts, read 405,446 times
Quote:
Yes, I love "If Grace is True". I have a pretty good collection of Christian UR books. I spent a couple of years feeling like I was floating around on a cloud when I first tasted the depth of God's love. And I just loved everyone in the whole world! The spirit of this world rejects that Holy Spirit of Love, unfortunately.
Do you have "If God is Love"? It is just as good as that one, very refreshing.

So true, the spirit of the world rejects the Holy Spirit "Love", unfortunately. The moment you start saying, "God is Love", people seem to want to take away from that or even add to it somehow.

"God is not just love, God is justice", which is a line I have heard a lot.

Only the Lord can cause a blind man to see. I now see why Jesus was healing so many 'blind and deaf' people. I believe this was even symbolic of the Spiritual blindness of so many people that needed healing.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:20 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOKENFOR View Post
Do you have "If God is Love"? It is just as good as that one, very refreshing.

So true, the spirit of the world rejects the Holy Spirit "Love", unfortunately. The moment you start saying, "God is Love", people seem to want to take away from that or even add to it somehow.

"God is not just love, God is justice", which is a line I have heard a lot.

Only the Lord can cause a blind man to see. I now see why Jesus was healing so many 'blind and deaf' people. I believe this was even symbolic of the Spiritual blindness of so many people that needed healing.
No, I've not read that one. Yeah, I think you're right about the symbolism of Jesus going about healing the blind and deaf. The mindset of the religious world is quite up-side-down, so much so that when Jesus does cure your blindness and deafness, it leaves you stunned at how blind you truly were. (You as in me, you, anyone Jesus heals).

Old 06-28-2011, 01:04 PM

11,247 posts, read 11,020,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
There seem to be a fair ammount of books that discuss the tenets of the Christian Universalist faith, but why are there so few churches (total of what, like 20 in the entire U.S.?)? Do CU's just go to "regular" Christian churches and believe in virtually all of the same things, except they stay closeted on their beliefs in the doctrine of Hell, as not to offend their fellow believers?

I've been to a couple UU "churches", and they are NOTHING close to what CU's believe. The UU churches seemed like nothing more than an LGBT gathering center. There was nothing Biblical about them. They seemed like a liberal science workshop.

Why are CU churches so scarce?
Could anyone answer this question? I am much more inclined to go to a CU service than sit down and read a book. I tend to be a lot more involved in a movement when I can physically participate with other people. I would LOVE to attend a CU church, but there are none. Once again, why is this?

Old 06-28-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
No, I've not read that one. Yeah, I think you're right about the symbolism of Jesus going about healing the blind and deaf. The mindset of the religious world is quite up-side-down, so much so that when Jesus does cure your blindness and deafness, it leaves you stunned at how blind you truly were. (You as in me, you, anyone Jesus heals).
Yes, it is very upside down. I believe this is the mission God has set for us who know the truth, we are required to set the captives free and give sight to the blind.

Of course all this is only done through the power of the Holy Spirit, yet I see more and more how we as 'sons of god' are called to do the works of Jesus and even greater works.

We truly are blind and can't see until he opens our eyes.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:49 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Could anyone answer this question? I am much more inclined to go to a CU service than sit down and read a book. I tend to be a lot more involved in a movement when I can physically participate with other people. I would LOVE to attend a CU church, but there are none. Once again, why is this?
So as not to take this thread off topic I have started a thread on this topic.
//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...so-scarce.html

Old 06-28-2011, 02:29 PM

11,247 posts, read 11,020,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Cool!

Old 06-28-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Good topic, I have a few things I would like to say about it. Thanks for starting this thread, I think it is very timely.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:04 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,406,300 times
Post Is hell eternal or will god’s plan fail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
Can anyone recommend any good Christian Universalist books? I'm not looking for Unitarian, just Christain UV. thanks.
Here's another good one. It was one of the first books I read on the subject during my horrific nervous breakdown of 1966-78. Reading it strengthened the hope in me that God was not like I had been taught by my family's church.

IS HELL ETERNAL OR WILL GOD’S PLAN FAIL? – Charles Pridgeon
Is hell eternal, or will God's plan fail?

Last edited by rodgertutt; 06-28-2011 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: spacing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity