Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2012, 11:04 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,405,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Yes, God was ultimately the cause of this man to be born blind. It was not because he sinned or that his parents sinned. But so that the works of God might be displayed in him. So God had a purpose for this.

God bless and peace.
Reread my post sis, HINA can be used as a command and should have been, but the translators because they believed much as you do translated it in error.

Jesus said in the 4th verse He must work the works of God? what work is that? to destroy the works of the devil.

Thus the devil was the cause of the man being born blind.

Now tell me sis which understanding is based on love, the one I gave or your understanding?

where is the love in making a man suffer through 30 or 40 years of blindness just so Jesus could heal him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
We have all been placed in the path of the ongoing train, pneuma but God delivers us out of it. He sees all and knows all. God bless and peace.
yes we have been, but you believe God put you in the path of the oncoming train just so He could pull you out of its path.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:09 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,905,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Again I ask does God do this arbitrary? or does He do it because someone prayed, someone loved enough, someone sought His will.
When Jonah did not do what God wanted, God stopped him by force. Show me who prayed.

Does the policeman need someone to pray to him to stop evil? But God needs a prayer before He will save that little girl from rape and being buried alive??? Seriously?
God needs permission from free will? This is making a god out of free will.

I'm not saying its aritrary. I'm saying God has some good reason for stopping evil, or for not stopping evil each time.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:10 PM

14,909 posts, read 17,215,431 times
Quote:
Thus the devil was the cause of the man being born blind.
And God created the devil and knows all things. All came into being out of God, pneuma.
So God is ultimately the cause.

Quote:
where is the love in making a man suffer through 30 or 40 years of blindness just so Jesus could heal him?
But He did allow the man to suffer, because God could have stopped the devil in his tracks. God has all power, not the devil, pnuema. God bless and peace.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
yes we have been, but you believe God put you in the path of the oncoming train just so He could pull you out of its path.
I believe that His purposes are so much higher than we can ever understand. I know that I am thankful to know Him as my Savior and Deliverer. God bless and peace.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:13 PM

Okay, I must turn in for now. Have a good night everyone. God bless and peace.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
I didn't blame God for anything Scott. I simply asked what you believe. Your answer is buried amidst many words. Your answer is "God wants to stop the evil faster, but He is hindered by man" So God want's to stop evil now, but He can't because of man, because of man's free will, which God gave man. But it's not scriptural. In scripture, God at times stop's man evil fast. Miraculously. Immediately. Without man's help. Wihtout permission from man's free will.

I don't blame God Scott. I trust that God has a reason for not stopping the evils we see. It's as simple as that.
Show me scripture where God did this without some intervention being given by man Bob.

I believe He has a reason for not stopping the evils we see also brother, that reason being man. You do not believe mans free will does not hinder God will, while scripture disagrees with you. He wants to draw us under His wing, He is longsuffering towards us in this regard, but so many will not have it.

Tell me Bob what was God will for Jerusalem?

Was it not to draw them under His wing?

Why could God not do this?

Was it not because of the free will of man?

Old 06-04-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
I believe that love is a kind of force. It is a kind of force that will open all eyes one day and change all hearts. Yes, God delivered Jesus up into the hands of sinful men. Jesus could have called legions of angels but He knew that this was not God's plan.

Acts 2
22 “Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man [r]attested to you by God with [s]miracles and wonders and [t]signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know— 23 this Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of [u]godless men and put Him to death. 24 [v]But God raised Him up again, putting an end to the [w]agony of death, since it was impossible for Him to be held [x]in its power.

Jesus was delivered up,not because God did not want Him to use force, but because He was sent to be the Savior of the world. This was His mission, to give His life as a ransom for all.
God bless and peace.
Yes Love is a force sis but love is NEVER forced.

it is NOT His death that saves us sis it is His LIFE

Old 06-04-2012, 11:20 PM

guys it is getting late here so its bed time for me, talk more in the am.

God bless

Old 06-05-2012, 05:06 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
Hi, if sharing scriptures which give reasons for the way I believe is not good enough for you, pcamps, then it will just have to been this way. This will be my last post to you on this subject on this thread. God bless and peace.
No quoting a bible verse is not good enough for me Shana. Especially when you are saying our Heavenly Father created the rapist to rape and the child molester,and by your understanding that God created all things,all things must be His will, so being raped and the child being molested is His will.
So sorry I take no one serious who just quotes text as their answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity