Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Christ fail to accomplish Gods desire to save all people?
Yes 13 23.21%
No 31 55.36%
I don't believe that Jesus is the word of God! 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 01:08 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,790,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Your the one who is guessing, not me.

The bible says alot about God's judgments. They are righteous, teach people righteousness, and set things right.
Do you rejoice in God's judgments?
Obviously I was talking about the after life conversion process which is not described in the Bible, not jugments during life.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I never said YOU condemn us . . . I implied that you believe God will do so. There is nothing to take back. But you did NOT answer the question: Why do you and your cohorts think that UR is satanic and damning? You twist and misrepresent to distract, dodge and distort what is being asked of you so you can claim attack or accusation and AVOID answering the questions put to you. This entire sequence of posts attests to your slippery eel-like rhetoric and mischaracterizations about the topic of this thread.

Non-responsive.

Non-responsive.He is asking about the topic. He is NOT asking you to judge ME . . . he just wants you to re-assert the beliefs you have been so adamantly defending about what you think being judged by God will entail after death and why UR is wrong. You have such strong beliefs about it . . . yet you dodge the questions.

It is frustrating that Finn ducks and dodges the very issue this thread is about.
So are you saying the bible tells us nothing about what God's judgment will entail or what it is designed to achieve?
Amen, legoman.
Yes, you did, and Phazelwood did her best to get me to judge you. There is plenty to take back, but don't do it if it is so hard to admit being wrong.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
You were the one who brought up judgment implying there is no hope beyond it. If you didn't want to talk about it, I don't know why you are here. Just trolling I suppose...
One more time, and this is final, since you are back to your habit putting words into my mouth: I did not say there is no hope, I said it sounds like YOU think there is no hope. I did not bring up judgment, it was Phazelwood. I will let you and her discuss it, since it is obviously your favorite topic.

PS To repeatedly call me a "she" and a "troll" is pretty lame. Pretty childish, and pretty lame, but such behaviour seems to go hand in hand with the UR belief.

So long.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:23 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,393,674 times
Those 2 blokes who were walking on the road to Emmaus with Jesus, they both said that their hearts(not literal hearts but the very essence of who they are) burned within them. Well the judgement of God is going to do something very similar, He's going to burn up all that is not of him,for many of us though it will not be the"wow factor" of these 2 blokes, but one of great pain, anguish and torment due not to the rejection of a historic Jesus,but of the life that was made known to us through the man Christ Jesus. God IS love,God so loved the world(those He loves He chastises,He loves the perishing too and they will not escape His chastising love).He will accomplish all that He desires, he desires/wills all men to be saved.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:26 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,963,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This is what I mean about URs having an obsession about judgment and punishement. You people can't stop talking about it
LOL, first of all being obsessed with matters of scripture is not inherantly a bad thing, I guess if you only talk about salvation then there is a problem because you can't stop talking about it.

So now that we can see the humor in that.

What do you believe in very basic terms happens to someone when they are judged in Hebrews 9:27

If you believe it is all for the ultimate good of the one being judged, then really we are not at odds about what we believe.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:28 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,149,569 times
Quote:
One more time, and this is final, since you are back to your habit putting words into my mouth: I did not say there is no hope, I said it sounds like YOU think there is no hope. I did not bring up judgment, it was Phazelwood. I will let you and her discuss it, since it is obviously your favorite topic.
HAHA you called Phazelwood a "her"!

And now you are back to saying there is hope beyond judgment? What gives? Its like you are afraid to really confront what you believe and instead complain about people "putting words in your mouth".

Quote:
PS To repeatedly call me a "she" and a "troll" is pretty lame. Pretty childish, and pretty lame, but such behaviour seems to go hand in hand with the UR belief.

So long.
Sorry, but I really didn't know if you were a "he" or a "she". Now I know. I did think it was pretty funny the other day when you called Rodger a "she" (and others like Phazelwood above)... LOL apparently its not pretty childish when you call other people "she"?... You are too funny Finn.

And yes your behavior has been quite trollish here lately. Have a good day...

Old 07-15-2011, 01:31 PM

1 posts, read 885 times
coucou

Old 07-15-2011, 01:35 PM

64,015 posts, read 40,319,247 times
Quote:
Yes, you did, and Phazelwood did her best to get me to judge you. There is plenty to take back, but don't do it if it is so hard to admit being wrong.
You did it again! Answer the questions put to you, Finn . . . stop pretending you are being attacked . . . IF you really are trying to discuss the topics reasonably. I never said YOU condemn us . . . I implied that you believe God will do so. There is nothing to take back.

But you STILL did NOT answer the question: Why do you and your cohorts think that UR is satanic and damning?

Old 07-15-2011, 01:36 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You did it again! Answer the questions put to you, Finn . . . stop pretending you are being attacked . . . IF you really are trying to discuss the topics reasonably. I never said YOU condemn us . . . I implied that you believe God will do so. There is nothing to take back.

But you STILL did NOT answer the question: Why do you and your cohorts think that UR is satanic and damning?
And on top of that He called Phazelwood a "her". So childish. (oops please accept apologies if you are a girl Phaze, but I'm pretty sure you are a guy ).

Old 07-15-2011, 01:36 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,647,901 times
Quote:

So long.
Oh good heavens Finn, you're being so childish. No one has put words in your mouth, no one said the things that you say they have and you're up to your old tricks again. And you know what I'm talking about. You know the gender of everyone here, or at least you should by now. And everyone knows yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity