Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 10:13 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,881,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I read that the only reason that many scientists embrace it other than the junk science for what it is ...is because it removes absolutes of right and wrong.

No God ...no absolutes morals.
No morals means many things... like sexual perversion.
Hilarious!
Could you tell us which of the other sciences you consider 'junk'...or is just evolution that you object to?

Please indicate which of the following you consider 'junk science' and which you accept.

Development of antibiotics
Development of vaccines
Laws of motion
Development of sub-atomic theories
Development of nuclear power
Development of medications to combat diseases and disorders
Elucidation of aerodynamics allowing to develop flight
Development of imaging technology - X-rays; CT scans; MRI; fMRI
Development of computers
Discovery of DNA and its structure
Cell theory
Germ Theory of disease
Elucidation of the elements and creation of new ones
Causes and cures for many diseases now eradicated like small pox
Solar power
Genetic engineering
Anatomy and physiology of the body
Discovery and use of the electromagnetic spectrum (used your microwave lately?)
The laws of thermodynamics

Please indicate which of the following scientific Theories you consider to be 'junk' and which ones you accept..

Theory of electromagnetism
Theory of gravity
Quantum theory
Germ Theory
Thermodynamics
Photosynthesis
Periodic Table of the Elements
Theory of Relativity
Acoustics Theory
Chaos Theory
Number Theory
when no one was around to see it.
Cell Theory
Decision Theory
Circuit Theory
Big Bang Theory
Theory of evolution
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 10:41 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,881,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
The best evidence against it is that we see absolutely zero evidence in the past 2000 years of well documented history that humans have evolved at all. .
Really! What about the fact that people from past centuries were different in stature than we are today? Evolution at work.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:52 AM

33,574 posts, read 37,202,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786
The best evidence against it is that we see absolutely zero evidence in the past 2000 years of well documented history that humans have evolved at all. .
How do you explain that human's IQ quotients have been increasing by three points per decade? Do you think that god is making us smarter? If you do, then why do non believers on average reside at the top of the IQ list?

Old 07-26-2011, 12:27 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,222,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
The best evidence against it is that we see absolutely zero evidence in the past 2000 years of well documented history that humans have evolved at all. Zero.
While we may not have evolved physically on the outside...one can truly see that we've evolved consciously over the centuries...going from barbaric savages to more compassionate human beings...so there is evidence.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786
Oops, you are wrong again...You should be embarrassed...
In today's news.

People who live in high latitude regions have bigger eyeballs and brains than other individuals, according to new research.

The increase in brain and eye size allows people to see better in places that receive less light than areas closer to the equator, according to the new study, published in the latest issue of the journal Royal Society Biology Letters. Polar people have bigger eyes and brains › News in Science (ABC Science)

Old 07-26-2011, 11:34 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,638,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Oops, you are wrong again...You should be embarrassed...
In today's news.

People who live in high latitude regions have bigger eyeballs and brains than other individuals, according to new research.

The increase in brain and eye size allows people to see better in places that receive less light than areas closer to the equator, according to the new study, published in the latest issue of the journal Royal Society Biology Letters. Polar people have bigger eyes and brains › News in Science (ABC Science)
Well, son of a gun, I have Betty Davis eyes so that must mean the reason I can't find a dang hat to fit my head is because of my brain size.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:42 PM

Yup, apparently bigger eyes require a bigger brain to make them work properly. Bigger brain = bigger skull (head).

Old 07-27-2011, 12:17 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,003,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It may seem like that to you since your goal appears to validate or justify yourself rather than to reconize that most people are immoral because of sin and is in need of savior.

And since this is about Christianity ... you must be implying that most immoral people are Christians. Maybe it will be good to have a new OP about the people who Jesus associated with, who the people of the church of Corinth were.
I was going to leave this thread completely alone.... Until this.

First of all, have you ever read the passage in the Bible that states; "One day is as a thousand years, to God"? In other words, the "days of creation" are actually RELATIVE PERIODS OF TIME, not actual days as such. Also, since God created everything in the universe, which of the celestial bodies was his standard for a single day? Here on earth, one day is 24 hours. But, on the moon, one day goes on for 672 hours. Other planets have days of varying lengths. Which one determined the length of his day? Suppose one of God's days is actually 750 million years long. Evolution becomes an instrument of God's creation. If you don't mind, please tell us just who you are to limit God to a 24 hour day?

For that matter, do a little research into the religions prior to the flood. (Hebrews didn't come along until about 1000 years after the flood of Noah) But, the Biblical data from that period is the same as the earlier religion. Even creation, with a few minor variations.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:21 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,638,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yup, apparently bigger eyes require a bigger brain to make them work properly. Bigger brain = bigger skull (head).
LOL! Have mercy, what are we even talking about? I've always been teased about my eyes........it was more of a cow syndrome I think more than Betty Davis eyes....I think she had blue eyes anyway and I don't.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:45 AM

There is nothing wrong with Betty Davis eyes...I love 'em!

‪Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes‬‏ - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity