Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 02:35 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,648,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Don't take this the wrong way but your understanding is very immature...
When has mathematics, probability, science, and living in truth become immature?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
First it is targeting no one, it is simply providing factual information about characters from competing mythologies. Information provided in the video is factual, or as factual as any can be about mythologies.
Horus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Attis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Krishna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dionysus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mithra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Exactly how and why do these facts threaten your beliefs?
Wikipedia? Look deeper. It's in your best interest.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:40 PM

1,906 posts, read 1,617,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
..."sun" god pagan doctrine being falsely identified as "Christian" by some groups that look to be pushing an agenda...

...the return of "Sun" worship...

...Sun and planet worship is an abomination and is worshiping false gods...
For over two millennia there have been contingents of Christians slapping Christian themes on top of Pagan ideas. I'm not going to detail them here, they are well-known.

As for the "return of sun worship"
1.) As a Pagan myself, I don't believe the sun is a god any more than Christians believe lambs are Jesus. It is just a symbol. Like a photo of your child is not your child.
2.) It has always been with us to some degree. After centuries of persecution by "some groups that look to be pushing an agenda," modern Pagans are simply tired of keeping silent and are more willing to live openly today.

If your preferred Holy Book says it is an abomination, then don't practice it. If you like the idea of Paganism, change religions.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:41 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,125,455 times
Quote:
When has mathematics, probability, science, and living in truth become immature?
These things are not ingredients for maturity. Don't confuse IQ-level for maturity.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Like I said i think you need to view this kind of stuff to convince yourself there is a God .
There is no doubt that their is a creator/God. This can be proven mathematically. The probability of chance creating this (aka evolution) is absurd by scientific standards and is impossible. Not to mention not observed.

There is a creator. The question becomes what/who. The God of the Bible has never been proven wrong. It's a matter of history. The spiritual war still wages. Just look at what's going on in the middle east. Why on earth is Jerusalem the center of the entire earth?

All languages west of it read from left to right. All languages east of it read right to left. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
For over two millennia there have been contingents of Christians slapping Christian themes on top of Pagan ideas. I'm not going to detail them here, they are well-known.
In the organized "Religious" Christian establishment yes. Not in the scriptures. Paganism is the root of false God worship which the creator hates.

Quote:
As for the "return of sun worship"
1.) As a Pagan myself, I don't believe the sun is a god any more than Christians believe lambs are Jesus. It is just a symbol. Like a photo of your child is not your child.
2.) It has always been with us to some degree. After centuries of persecution by "some groups that look to be pushing an agenda," modern Pagans are simply tired of keeping silent and are more willing to live openly today.

If your preferred Holy Book says it is an abomination, then don't practice it. If you like the idea of Paganism, change religions.
Our world is run by political occultists that worship the Sun. Eventually it will be forced upon bible-believing Christians as prophesied. Pagan Planet worship has it's roots at the Tower of Babel and is an abomination. "Mother Earth"/aka "Mother of Harlots" uniting mankind to save the planet and themselves. This can be seen from miles away as it is all foretold.

All that don't unite for peace and unity, will be deemed against saving the planet and humanity. Leave our religious differences behind and evolve to a higher state of "consciousness." It's Luciferian doctrine. It's Satanism without coming out and saying it disguised as light. The transformation of biblical Christianity into a "mystic" eastern "Christianity." You can see the false prophets on this board proselytizing this doctrine to plant the seed in the uninformed.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:09 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,566,202 times
Quote:
Wikipedia? Look deeper. It's in your best interest.
Horus (Egyptian god) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

OK, Encyclopedia Britannica, could look up the others, but you will ignore that also.

Now are you going to answer the question or come up with some other silly dodge for either you don't have an answer to my question, or you know you will make a fool of yourself. So I repeat the question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
First it is targeting no one, it is simply providing factual information about characters from competing mythologies. Information provided in the video is factual, or as factual as any can be about mythologies.

Exactly how and why do these facts threaten your beliefs?
I eagerly await a your answer not a dodge. It's in your interest

Old 07-25-2011, 03:18 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
There is no doubt that their is a creator/God. This can be proven mathematically. The probability of chance creating this (aka evolution) is absurd by scientific standards and is impossible. Not to mention not observed.

There is a creator. The question becomes what/who. The God of the Bible has never been proven wrong. It's a matter of history. The spiritual war still wages. Just look at what's going on in the middle east. Why on earth is Jerusalem the center of the entire earth?

All languages west of it read from left to right. All languages east of it read right to left. Coincidence? I don't think so.
You're not hearing what i'm saying . There is a God.To me,you're threads suggests you are still trying to convince yourself by all means possible that there is a God. Your threads are based on the fear in your own heart.

Why on earth would i have to look to the middle east or Jerusalem to convince myself there is a God ?

Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”

Old 07-25-2011, 05:11 PM

1,906 posts, read 1,617,649 times
Quote:
In the organized "Religious" Christian establishment yes. Not in the scriptures. Paganism is the root of false God worship which the creator hates.

Our world is run by political occultists that worship the Sun. Eventually it will be forced upon bible-believing Christians as prophesied. Pagan Planet worship has it's roots at the Tower of Babel and is an abomination. "Mother Earth"/aka "Mother of Harlots" uniting mankind to save the planet and themselves. This can be seen from miles away as it is all foretold.

All that don't unite for peace and unity, will be deemed against saving the planet and humanity. Leave our religious differences behind and evolve to a higher state of "consciousness." It's Luciferian doctrine. It's Satanism without coming out and saying it disguised as light. The transformation of biblical Christianity into a "mystic" eastern "Christianity." You can see the false prophets on this board proselytizing this doctrine to plant the seed in the uninformed.

I believe many people believe a "false god" is any one that isn't theirs.

If your god says Paganism is an abomination, then I'd say you should stay away from it. If your god says thus and such will happen, then there is nothing you can do about it anyway, as your god has already decreed it so. My gods say treat each person, and what is sacred to them, with respect.

"...uniting mankind to save the planet and themselves..." You say that as though it's a bad thing.

Interesting.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:03 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,029,457 times
"Beware the full moon, and stay off a' tha' moors..." - from an American Werewolf in London (a very funny film).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity