Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 06:27 AM

29 posts, read 249,110 times

Advertisements

For if you really believe that God created all of nature, the animals, the plants the fresh air and clean water..why do you overall support a political party and agenda which is anathema to the environment and nature? And why don't your teachings and behavior reflect stewardships for God's masterpiece? One only needs to look to the recent push by the GOP to dismantle the EPA and their abominable efforts to favor big polluters and raping of existing resources..and the deafening silence from just about every pulpit on these matters.

I am no longer a Christian, but I must say, one of the first things that turned me off to Christianity was the total silence and insensitivity towards nature and environmental conservation which I experienced in just about every church.

And if you claim to follow the bible, why don't you hearken towards Deut which implies that 'if you defile the land, it will vomit you out?' Or how about 'God will destroy those who destroy the earth' in Rev 11? If you look deeply at your behaviors and attitudes, that one SHOULD really frighten you! The irony of it all is that when folks witness the damage which will soon increase to a critical level, they will surely blame the gays and the unbelievers.

I find the attitude of most Christians rather sickening, as they view the planet as a big disposable diaper, and also see the current destruction of nature as just fulfillment of bible prophecy. I guess they just aren't smart enough to realize that religious practices of domination and subduing of the planet are creating this self fulfilling prophecy. What we need is a new spirituality which reverences the creator by honoring his masterpiece- what we have now is the total opposite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 06:38 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,132,199 times
How many do you know of?

Old 10-17-2011, 06:57 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,390,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshhome View Post
For if you really believe that God created all of nature, the animals, the plants the fresh air and clean water..why do you overall support a political party and agenda which is anathema to the environment and nature? And why don't your teachings and behavior reflect stewardships for God's masterpiece? One only needs to look to the recent push by the GOP to dismantle the EPA and their abominable efforts to favor big polluters and raping of existing resources..and the deafening silence from just about every pulpit on these matters.

I am no longer a Christian, but I must say, one of the first things that turned me off to Christianity was the total silence and insensitivity towards nature and environmental conservation which I experienced in just about every church.

And if you claim to follow the bible, why don't you hearken towards Deut which implies that 'if you defile the land, it will vomit you out?' Or how about 'God will destroy those who destroy the earth' in Rev 11? If you look deeply at your behaviors and attitudes, that one SHOULD really frighten you! The irony of it all is that when folks witness the damage which will soon increase to a critical level, they will surely blame the gays and the unbelievers.

I find the attitude of most Christians rather sickening, as they view the planet as a big disposable diaper, and also see the current destruction of nature as just fulfillment of bible prophecy. I guess they just aren't smart enough to realize that religious practices of domination and subduing of the planet are creating this self fulfilling prophecy. What we need is a new spirituality which reverences the creator by honoring his masterpiece- what we have now is the total opposite.
Easy: most of them believe that they're waiting for Jesus to fly down from the sky and carry them away. Kind of like, "beam me up, Scotty!"

With that kind of attitude, is it any wonder that rampant consumerism is part of the American culture? After all, the only ones who are going to have to deal with all the trash and nuclear radiation are the unbelievers..!

A very sad situation..

Blessings to you,
brian

Old 10-17-2011, 08:23 AM

2,031 posts, read 3,234,515 times
Wow. Judgmental much? BTW, I am "green"....

Old 10-17-2011, 08:47 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,659,549 times
I don't think it's a "Christian" problem, it's an American one. Go hug a tree.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:51 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,848,375 times
But can Christians say with the environmentalist Hegel (Schelling?) "It is not romantic to be Nationalistic."

Old 10-17-2011, 08:52 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,390,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I don't think it's a "Christian" problem, it's an American one. Go hug a tree.
I'd even add that it's a cancer that's spreading around the world..

We can all help to "lighten the load" we put on the world. At the same time, the greed of large corporations to increase profits is doing a whole lot of damage...

Blessings Ilene!
brian

Old 10-17-2011, 08:56 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,659,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I'd even add that it's a cancer that's spreading around the world..

We can all help to "lighten the load" we put on the world. At the same time, the greed of large corporations to increase profits is doing a whole lot of damage...

Blessings Ilene!
brian
Exactly! Blessings to you Brian!

Old 10-17-2011, 09:04 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,913,636 times
Too many of them think that their god made the world just for them... to do with it as they wish.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:06 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,848,375 times
But you all are seemingly trying to skirt my question. Is the "God and Country" label a positivistic and austerely burdening question to rob the average Christian of any feeling of romance and/or loving adventure for the changing times? Tea party included.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity