Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 09:08 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,233,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are saying that people are unable to sin with their bodies? Are you not in control of your body?

You ARE in control of your body, and if you submit it to sexual immorality or drunkedness, or drug use, you are defiling the temple of the Holy Spirit. It is that simple.
Doing something wrong or sinning doesn't start with your body...reflect on that.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:28 AM

76,968 posts, read 47,836,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Doing something wrong or sinning doesn't start with your body...reflect on that.

No answer? OK, no worries.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:54 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,622,167 times
Quote:
He is asking all His followers to not sin again. Mary listened, and gave up her sin. That's the point here. He does not want His followers to live in habitual sin. You know that, don't you?
I am not a sinner because I sin. I sin because I'm a sinner. The power of the Holy spirit gives us the ability to fight our sin and to repent of our sin but it does not alter the fact that every single thing we do is tainted by that sin that lives in our flesh even against our will.

Every single word, thought and deed I have ever done in my entire life i touched somewhere by the sin All the sons and daughters of Adam have inherited.

The understanding of this doctorine of Sin is very important in the Christian life. We Christians in ourselves are not one bit better than anyone at all. Nothing we do gets us any merit at all in the sight of a Holy God. As one of the great prophets said, "Even my good deeds are as filthy rags in the sight of a holy God.

We are sinners that have been saved by grace and nothing more. WE have no grounds at all to boast about ourselves and absolutely no grounds to condemn anyone. That's God's responsibility and not ours.

You say that Jesus does not want His followers to live in Habitual sin. That is incorrect. Jesus knows His followers live in Habitual sin and that is why He is at the right hand of God the Father interceeding for those people.

We may strive and struggle against sin but it's still there in our members until we come to glory.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I am not a sinner because I sin. I sin because I'm a sinner. The power of the Holy spirit gives us the ability to fight our sin and to repent of our sin but it does not alter the fact that every single thing we do is tainted by that sin that lives in our flesh even against our will.

Every single word, thought and deed I have ever done in my entire life i touched somewhere by the sin All the sons and daughters of Adam have inherited.

The understanding of this doctorine of Sin is very important in the Christian life. We Christians in ourselves are not one bit better than anyone at all. Nothing we do gets us any merit at all in the sight of a Holy God. As one of the great prophets said, "Even my good deeds are as filthy rags in the sight of a holy God.

We are sinners that have been saved by grace and nothing more. WE have no grounds at all to boast about ourselves and absolutely no grounds to condemn anyone. That's God's responsibility and not ours.

You say that Jesus does not want His followers to live in Habitual sin. That is incorrect. Jesus knows His followers live in Habitual sin and that is why He is at the right hand of God the Father interceeding for those people.

We may strive and struggle against sin but it's still there in our members until we come to glory.
So you are saying Jesus wants you to live in habitual and willful sin? Is that your point? Or how is the statement incorrect when I said He does not want that? No Jesus does not want us to live in habitual and willful sin, He wants us to resist it the best we can.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
So you are saying Jesus wants you to live in habitual and willful sin? Is that your point? Or how is the statement incorrect when I said He does not want that? No Jesus does not want us to live in habitual and willful sin, He wants us to resist it the best we can.
I didn't say that Jesus wants us to live in sin. He knows that is the human condition and through faith in Him, He has made a remedy for it.

Your statement is incorrect for one big reason. The bible tells us clearly that God is Omnipotent. That means that God is all powerful and there is nothing that can frustrate His desires. That is where you will find a lot of incorrect ideas about God in many aspects of modern theology.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:35 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,605,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Right Fred View Post
I have a feeling air pollution does a better job of this.

What's the fate for oil barons?

I can't imagine worshipping a God who would condemn peaceful pot smokers to hell, while accepting Christian industrial CEOs to heaven, who gather billions at the expense of the health of the rest of the world, the workers, animals, environment, etc. This thread sure focuses on one of the most lightweight "sins" of all time. As usual, Christians appear to be distracted by matters that are totally immaterial, while ignoring the major issues that stare them in the face, daily.

How pointless.
A case of straining at a gnat while swallowing a camel.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I didn't say that Jesus wants us to live in sin. He knows that is the human condition and through faith in Him, He has made a remedy for it.

Your statement is incorrect for one big reason. The bible tells us clearly that God is Omnipotent. That means that God is all powerful and there is nothing that can frustrate His desires. That is where you will find a lot of incorrect ideas about God in many aspects of modern theology.
After you have been saved, Does Jesus want you to continue to live in habitual and willful sin? Yes, or no?

Old 10-25-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
After you have been saved, Does Jesus want you to continue to live in habitual and willful sin? Yes, or no?
That is not an either or question. The fact of the matter is that the Christian Man does not walk in habitual and willful sin. It's a contradiction of terms.

After we are saved Jesus knows that by the power of the Holy Spirit we will progress in our walk of sanctification. Our desire is to live Holy lives and become more like Him.

Read the Beatitudes. They are not instruction from Jesus on how we should live but discriptions of the characteristics common to all Christians.
These verses are very good to study in order to examine yourself as to your spiritual condition. If you can disagree with any of them you should be concerned about the condition of your soul.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
That is not an either or question. The fact of the matter is that the Christian Man does not walk in habitual and willful sin. It's a contradiction of terms.

After we are saved Jesus knows that by the power of the Holy Spirit we will progress in our walk of sanctification. Our desire is to live Holy lives and become more like Him.

Read the Beatitudes. They are not instruction from Jesus on how we should live but discriptions of the characteristics common to all Christians.
These verses are very good to study in order to examine yourself as to your spiritual condition. If you can disagree with any of them you should be concerned about the condition of your soul.
That is what being dead to sin means. The desire for willful and habitual sin dies in a believer. At this time I have no idea what your point is concerning the topic. I believe getting stoned is same as getting drunk and would not be something a christian person would should do. Thats my opinion anyway.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:17 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,969,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Right Fred View Post
I have a feeling air pollution does a better job of this.

What's the fate for oil barons?

I can't imagine worshipping a God who would condemn peaceful pot smokers to hell, while accepting Christian industrial CEOs to heaven, who gather billions at the expense of the health of the rest of the world, the workers, animals, environment, etc. This thread sure focuses on one of the most lightweight "sins" of all time. As usual, Christians appear to be distracted by matters that are totally immaterial, while ignoring the major issues that stare them in the face, daily.

How pointless.
It's not what goes in that defiles you, it's what comes out. Or in the case of Pot, what doesn't come out. I know from personal experience how many times God has tried to teach me the same lessons over and over and over and over again, until finaly, I decided to quit lying to myself and give the Holy Spirit a break. Remembrance is one of the most critical things in a relationship with God. Sure, we may not totally forget something, but if you don't ever think about it, you might as well forget it. I believe it's impossible to have a successfull relationship with God and smoke Marijuana. I know it as fact, in my personal life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity