Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 11:52 AM

56 posts, read 77,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Of course, if she is being physically abused, she might do well to leave the situation entirely, for her own safety. Of course, it could worsen things, too..

I have to stick with what I posted before. Following good will lead her well, imo..

Blessings,
brian
As far as we know she is not being Physically Abused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 12:59 PM

88,885 posts, read 85,359,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
My Sister is a Christian and she has been married for a year and 2 months.

They got married Last August, shortly after she and her husband got married, he told her that a friend of his was getting married and that he would be going to an Overnight Bachelor Party, Or course she told him she did not want him going, but he went anyway. Not too long after that he lied to her and told her he would be going to a "Rock Concert". (turns out he went to an Adult Contest).

November, my sister finds out that she is pregnant and Come New Years Eve, he goes out with his friends while my sister stays at home (she does not drink nor does she go to bars).

January comes around and he has a friend that is moving, well they go to a bar where they stay until 2 A.M. and (one or both I forget which) get drunk.

July comes and he loses his Wedding Ring, in August their son is born...... he is now 3 months old and My Sister's husband leaves them home alone on weekends so he can go to Bars. (I have no idea if he's been going to bars every weekend since their son was born).

He does drink at home and he told me he's been to every bar where they live.

last weekend Lisa originally told us they would be attending a relative's wedding, Ronald bought thier son an outfit the night before, the next day he suddenly changes his mind and says he will not be going but Lisa and baby could go without him. Lisa then says they will not be going.

She has put her foot down many times but nothing seems to be working.

There are only 2 reasons I can think of why he'd be going to Bars with a wife and baby at home.

At this point, I have no idea what my Sister can do.

From a Christian standpoint, What Can She Do? I don't even think marital counseling would help at this point, but she can try it.

she originally told us the reason they would not be going to the wedding is because they had no gas money, the real reason is because Ronald stayed out at a bar too late the night before.

Last Time we were there (in September) (Ronald had been out to a bar the night before with his brother). He hangs out with his brother a lot.

He also told he got a new job so he can "Supposedly" stay at home with his family.
Her husband is an alcoholic. Your sister needs to go to Al-Anon meetings. She cannot fix him or make him change. She can only learn what is best to do for herself.

Totally off-topic, and you don't have to answer, but I'm curious as to why you capitalize random words in the middle of your sentences. It's a little disconcerting to read.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 11-10-2011 at 01:16 PM..

Old 11-10-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Her husband is an alcoholic. Your sister needs to go to Al-Anon meetings. She cannot fix him or make him change. She can only learn what is best to do for herself.

Totally off-topic, and you don't have to answer, but I'm curious as to why you capitalize random words in the middle of your sentences. It's a little disconcerting to read.

it's a habit of mine

Old 11-11-2011, 03:44 PM

I will be shocked if he is not cheating on her...... I don't know but you would think a married man would want to stay at home with his wife and three month old instead of being at bars.

she called us last week and told us just that the Police were looking for a person that showed up on their front porch at 10:30 at night.

She was in the bedroom with their son (Bedroom is right next to the front door), she hears the dogs barking frantically and she could hear someone talking to their dogs through the front door, She Told Ronald (who was at the opposite side of the house) what happened and he told her that she was "Over Reacting". She called the police to report what happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity