Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 08:00 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,043,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is on topic.

I don't think, I KNOW I never said those words.

One more time, and then I give up: where does such teaching come from that people in hell are sinless? Even if people in hell are no longer able to sin, that does not make them sinless. Only Jesus can do that, and He offered to do it for them, but they rejected the offer. People in hell are away from the presence of the Lord, so how do you figure they are somehow saved in hell?
FinJarber, are those in Hell sinners? Do they continue to sin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Jesus is the answer .....
And I'm not going to play your mind games.... Phazelwood !!

The scripture speak and teach all about sin, hell, and it is layed out plain and simple.... what is to come for the soul that dies in their sin and who will not believe God !!

I won't go there questioning nor tempting the Lord God and His will with what He has chosen how to deal with sin and the sinner.... especially with His decisions about what He has spoken about the soul who sins !!

The Op question is invalid and if one truly knew the truth there would not be any issue or questions.... period !
Like I said, that is what happens when one has turned and is listening to heresy, rather then trust God's ultimate truth !!

Do hope and pray God will give you wisdom about it one day before one dies !!!

PS, no one is going to be sinless in Hell, sin is Hell.... there is no such teaching of a sinless Hell, LOL !!
Ok, so you believe there is no such thing as a sinless Hell, that all those in hell are sinners. So if they are sinners then when does Jesus destroy ALL sin?

Old 11-22-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
What is a "mainstream" Christian?

Where in the Bible does it say that sinners are forever in rebellion against God?
Cite the book, chapter, verse...

The Bible tells us that sin (disobedience of God), the sinners (the disobedient people), satan and his angels will be condemned on the Last Day, thrown into the Lake of Fire. The Bible states multiple times that "their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched".

The rebeling and revolt (works) of Satan and his followers against God and His followers will be over. Satan's reign over the earth will be finished and he and his followers will be thrown into the Lake of Fire, the second death. They will forever be in utter darkness, completely cast out and away from the Light of God and God's people forevermore.
If I turn my son from sinful ways have I not destroyed His sin? If I can do that with my son, why cannot God do that will all of His? Surely, He can. And if He surely can, then surely He will. I affirm that He can and will.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:54 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,747,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
FinJarber, are those in Hell sinners? Do they continue to sin?
They are there because they died as unsaved & unrepentant sinners, so yes, they are sinners. Whether or not they continue to sin is irrelevant.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:31 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,672,388 times
Quote:
They are there because they died as unsaved & unrepentant sinners, so yes, they are sinners. Whether or not they continue to sin is irrelevant.
That's correct. What's done is done...the deed's been done, and they're (the sinners who died steeped in their sins) no more. The next time they rise, it will be at the Great White Throne of Judgement...only to meet their end...to be thrown in the lake of fire along with the beast and his angels, and the devil...annihilated...forever separated from God.

They (UR's) just do not want it that way, and they'll do anything and everything they can to try and twist God's truth to try and make it the way they want it to be. Cannot be done.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:37 AM

Quote:
You can't be a sinner and sinless at the same time, don't you agree?

Old 11-23-2011, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
You can't be a sinner and sinless at the same time, don't you agree?
They are sinners. You seem to think yesterday's sins do not count today unless you repeat them today, but that is in error. Who told you that? They count until you lay them down at the cross and allow Christ to wash them away. Only then your sins will not be counted against you. The people in hell never allowed Christ to save them, so they are still sinners whether or not they repeat their sins in hell.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:12 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,548,260 times
Quote:
They are sinners. You seem to think yesterday's sins do not count today unless you repeat them today, but that is in error. Who told you that? They count until you lay them down at the cross and allow Christ to wash them away. Only then your sins will not be counted against you. The people in hell never allowed Christ to save them, so they are still sinners whether or not they repeat their sins in hell.
Is hell a very hot SA (sinners anonymous) meeting then?

I think trettep has a good point... If sinners remain in hell for eternity then sin isn't really eradicated.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:26 AM

So, finally we know this was about 1 John 3:8 as I suspected.

1 John 3 talks about two kinds of people: those who are of the devil, and those who are of God. Jesus destroyed sin in the lives of the believers and they will not continue to live sinful lifestyles. The same message is repeated in many plases in the Bible like Romans 6:11 where Paul says believers are "dead to sin". It means Christ has destroyed the desire to sin in the lives of the believers. This is how you can tell a believer from the unbeliever: the sin in the believer has been destroyed. That is what it means. I don't know how you concluded that it would somehow mean that the sins of people in hell has been destroyed.

1 John 3:7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

Romans 6:11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus

Old 11-23-2011, 06:46 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,958,331 times
Quote:
I don't know how you concluded that it would somehow mean that the sins of people in hell has been destroyed.

1 Corinthians 15:25-26

The enemys of God are destroyed.

So either sin is destroyed or it is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity