Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 08:33 PM

659 posts, read 1,146,021 times

Advertisements

What bout children who are too young to understand? The mentally ill? If it is up until the time all hell breaks loose, you still have those who never heard the "good news '...so off to hell they go then? Doesn't seem right to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 08:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
"In the final analysis, all are set free from the bondage of sin."

Old 12-11-2011, 08:56 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDCHIMES View Post
What bout children who are too young to understand? The mentally ill? If it is up until the time all hell breaks loose, you still have those who never heard the "good news '...so off to hell they go then? Doesn't seem right to me.
Doesn't seem right with the scriptures either. Consider David's illegitimate son, who died only a few days after his birth (the seventh day, the day of rest), due to David's sin.

David tells us the following concerning his child's death:

2Sa 12:23 "But now he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he will not return to me."

David believed the Gospel, and believed that his son would be with God, just as assuredly as he himself would be too, forever:

Psa 23:6 Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:57 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Amen.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:38 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Because I never said that God's word says anything about unborn babies eternal consequence either way. The Bible is simply silent about it.

No phaze... the only thing readers see is your attitude is very unhealthy and antagonistic. People can see just how clever you think you're being, trying to get me or others to say something that fits your skewed rational accusations.

Your personal vendetta is consuming you.
The bible is not silent about it at all. You simply are denying the truth of what your doctrine adds up to while presenting yourself as some arbitrator of the truth. What readers see about me is irrelevant, I couldn't care less what you or anyone else thinks about me.

It is convenient to say that about unborn babies when the bible is not silent about it. They are humans that if they die they die without hearing the gospel.

It is simply one of those loopholes that shows how the whole idea is nonsense in the first place.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:54 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Has He really saved us all ALREADY? Isn't that really a false statement?
Yes, it is really a false statement.

John 5:24: "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

John 3:18: Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Galatians 1:9: As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

Old 12-12-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
What you will find of those who would say they are damned and it would be right and just for God to do so is explanations that have little to do with scriptural points that add up to their conclusions.

Baptizing a child does not save them, so for certain religious sects to say that it does is simply those people seeing what their doctrines add up to and they themselves don't believe it.

One point concerning that is the line "the bible is silent on it" unborn babies fit the same criteria. They are humans that if they die before they leave the womb have not heard the gospel of Jesus Christ. Doesn't sound like the bible is really silent on it, they just can't believe that God would hold an unborn baby to that level of accountability, but have no scriptural recourse within the tenants of their own doctrine to deny thats exactly what will happen if their doctrinbe is true.

That is one of the signs that the whole idea that God will damn anyone who has not heard is false.

The truth is that a sound doctrine does not have to use that kind of subterfuge or "loopholes" to explain itself.

God will judge everyone, including the unborn, we are judged based upon our lives, those people will not be endlessly damned because their lives would have not warranted such a thing in the first place.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:32 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
David's son died when he was too young to understand, and David said he will be with him in heaven. The mentally ill are in the same situation as they have no idea of right and wrong. As for "normal" people, the Bible simpy says they have no excuse.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He thinks he is being clever, but the repeated misrepresentations of other peoples comments are rather easy
to see.

There is no misrepresentation.

The unborn are humans that if they die, they have not heard the gospel of Jesus Christ.

The belief in question is that any human that dies not hearing the gospel of Jesus Christ goes to hell. The only misrepresenting going on is the denial that this doctrine doesn't have a scriptural exception for a sect of humans and that ultimatly they are included too.

If those who die without hearing are damned, then if thats the truth, embrace it for all it is worth.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:44 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
There is no misrepresentation.

The unborn are humans that if they die, they have not heard the gospel of Jesus Christ.

The belief in question is that any human that dies not hearing the gospel of Jesus Christ goes to hell. The only misrepresenting going on is the denial that this doctrine doesn't have a scriptural exception for a sect of humans and that ultimatly they are included too.

If those who die without hearing are damned, then if thats the truth, embrace it for all it is worth.
They cannot acknowledge the absurdity of the requirement for "belief IN" the specific "precepts and doctrines of men" ABOUT Christ . . . without acknowledging that their faith is based on unnecessary requirements and an unjust evil consequence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity