Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 11:33 AM

987 posts, read 1,118,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschulz View Post
Hi Everyone First no one, not anyone came come to the Father except through the Son. That is clear, all must come through Jesus.

What does amaze me is how so many people think God is limited by death. All people will be resurrected. Those that have already repented and their hearts have been changed to be in line with God, will judge the rest of us and even the angels.

Those who are being judged will have to repent and come to a knowledge of the truth just like God said he wanted in 1Tim 2:4

Judgement is misunderstood by many. It is not like a court says, guilty or not guilty, Gods judgements on us are the means he uses to make us repent and change our heart to match his. He knows us like no other and knows exactly what to do to reach us and change us. God's grace is "divine influence on the heart" and it will be shed on all. Some will need more judgements than other that is why some receive few stripes some receive many.

The narrow gate that leads to life is not found by many in this physical life and most will be lead to destruction (they will be lost) but that does not mean they stay lost. Remember Jesus was sent to find the lost and return them, and if he misses just one he will have failed in the mission the Father gave him and Jesus can not fail. Death is not a barrier for God and those who think that he can not accomplish all he plans to do are trying to limit God liken to a man. He is not a man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 12:13 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
"The works of the Spirit are for healing."

Old 12-10-2011, 12:41 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Unwillingness to entertain other perspectives is close-mindedness. If your mind is closed you are essentially blind. The Salem witch hunt debacle was perpetuated by close-minded individuals.

Whether you like an opinion of another or not....there is value in all views. Why so dogmatic about what the bible doesn't say? If it isn't found in the bible then your foundation is sand as you said. Perhaps you have it all wrong...are you open to that possibility?
I do not find value in the valueless. As God said:
"What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? "
There isn't a lost and found counter after death.
What isn't found in the Bible can be catagorized three ways:
  1. God didn't intend to reveal that info ... i.e. end of the world
  2. Pure human speculation
  3. Satan's opinion
We know what God says.. which is when a person dies that:
  • the wages of sin is death
  • No one is righteous, not even one
  • No one is without excuse
  • we are conceived in sin thus making us sinful
  • we are by nature hostile toward God
  • the wicked are such from the womb onward
  • God is just in all he does, and his judgements are correct and final
But we also know this:
  • Do not hinder the little children (babies) to come to him
  • The kingdom of God (heaven) belongs to such as these (babies \ little children)
  • God is our God for the believer from the womb
  • God is just in all he does, and his judgements are correct and final
We do not simply know when God determines when a baby is hindered coming to faith because of their parents \ death (however that occures) and God's mercy judges such vs when his righteous law declares... no excuse any more.

And admittedly, much to the dismay of some people who have it in for God if God isn't fair by their standards and allow babies who have been hindered while yet not allow that policy to continue endlessly.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Hi Everyone First no one, not anyone came come to the Father except through the Son. That is clear, all must come through Jesus.

What does amaze me is how so many people think God is limited by death. All people will be resurrected. Those that have already repented and their hearts have been changed to be in line with God, will judge the rest of us and even the angels.

Those who are being judged will have to repent and come to a knowledge of the truth just like God said he wanted in 1Tim 2:4

Judgement is misunderstood by many. It is not like a court says, guilty or not guilty, Gods judgements on us are the means he uses to make us repent and change our heart to match his. He knows us like no other and knows exactly what to do to reach us and change us. God's grace is "divine influence on the heart" and it will be shed on all. Some will need more judgements than other that is why some receive few stripes some receive many.

The narrow gate that leads to life is not found by many in this physical life and most will be lead to destruction (they will be lost) but that does not mean they stay lost. Remember Jesus was sent to find the lost and return them, and if he misses just one he will have failed in the mission the Father gave him and Jesus can not fail. Death is not a barrier for God and those who think that he can not accomplish all he plans to do are trying to limit God liken to a man. He is not a man.
There it goes again ... the accusations of Jesus being a failure, God being not so big as he thinks ... typical satanic taunts.
Let me be dogmatic.... 1Tim 2:4 does not teach that in view of other scriptures do say. To claim that it does in light of very specific revealations to the contrary is just not true.

Oh, btw Katjonjj ... there is no value in one's opinion who accuses Jesus of being a failure if someone remains in unbelief and is held to that unbelief.
How's that for close-mindedness.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:08 PM

351 posts, read 354,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
There it goes again ... the accusations of Jesus being a failure, God being not so big as he thinks ... typical satanic taunts.
Let me be dogmatic.... 1Tim 2:4 does not teach that in view of other scriptures do say. To claim that it does in light of very specific revealations to the contrary is just not true.

Oh, btw Katjonjj ... there is no value in one's opinion who accuses Jesus of being a failure if someone remains in unbelief and is held to that unbelief.
How's that for close-mindedness.
Hi twin.spin since you quoted me I assume you thought I was saying Jesus was a failure. Reread it and you will see that I said that Jesus CANNOT fail. He will accomplish the task his Father gave him.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:17 PM

14,867 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Quote:

Yes. I hear people saying all the time, that God is trying to do this, trying to do all that He can to reach us. It is as if they think that God's hands are tied. God is not in the trying business.

"My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure" (Isa. 46:10).

He never fails at anything He does and that means winning all hearts to Himself. He has all power and the scriptures show many instances of Him operating in and on the will of men. Man's blindness, rebelliousness, sinfulness are nothing to Him and one day He will open all eyes to the truth of their sinfulness and need for a Savior. All do not come at the same time. Believers are the firstfruits of the process. It's all about the work that He is doing in His creation and all have been given to Jesus Christ. God is the Savior of all, even the unborn babies. Jesus was given all and He gets all. He is not restricted by death or the ages of time.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 12-10-2011 at 03:32 PM..

Old 12-10-2011, 02:27 PM

50,335 posts, read 63,906,560 times
My feeling is that humans have an instinctual pull to find God, according to their own circumstances. Ancient people worshiped deities, native Americans worshiped God through nature.
Do you really think that God loves them any less?
We Christians think we have the best route to Godliness, but other religions think the same.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Hi twin.spin since you quoted me I assume you thought I was saying Jesus was a failure. Reread it and you will see that I said that Jesus CANNOT fail. He will accomplish the task his Father gave him.
Hi, sschulz

"Remember Jesus was sent to find the lost and return them, and if he misses just one he will have failed in the mission the Father gave him and Jesus can not fail."

" that Jesus CANNOT fail" because otherwise what ..... the only other conclusion is "if he misses just one he will have failed in the mission".

You can suger coat it all you want... it still comes down to the fact that such solutions and questions that are made by the same people derive from rejecting irrefutable passages a that have been constantly refered such as John 3:36, Matthew 25:41-46, Rev 20-21 then purposefully misapplying words like "all" and "desire" to pit Jesus against himself.

Jesus didn't fail even though most will not be saved. Jesus paid for the sins of the whole world, not make people believe in him despite themselves... eventually.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:31 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Jesus didn't fail even though most will not be saved.
In a world with standards, you fail; when you miss most of the questions on the final exam.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:37 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin
You can suger coat it all you want... it still comes down to the fact that such solutions and questions that are made by the same people derive from rejecting irrefutable passages a that have been constantly refered such as John 3:36, Matthew 25:41-46, Rev 20-21 then purposefully misapplying words like "all" and "desire" to pit Jesus against himself.

Jesus didn't fail even though most will not be saved. Jesus paid for the sins of the whole world, not make people believe in him despite themselves... eventually.
Let's look at some of the verses you stated:

Joh 3:36 he who is believing in the Son, hath life age-during; and he who is not believing the Son, shall not see life, but the wrath of God doth remain upon him.'

Ok, present tense. Meaning that to interpret this as future tense is to misunderstand the verse. Therefore, anyone that say this verse says that if you don't believe that you will not receive life in the future is abusing the verse for it does NOT say that.

So here is Matthew verses:

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers;
Mat 25:42 for I did hunger, and ye gave me not to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me not to drink;
Mat 25:43 a stranger I was, and ye did not receive me; naked, and ye put not around me; infirm, and in prison, and ye did not look after me.
Mat 25:44 `Then shall they answer, they also, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, or thirsting, or a stranger, or naked, or infirm, or in prison, and we did not minister to thee?
Mat 25:45 `Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of these, the least, ye did it not to me.
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to life age-during.'

Let's concentrate on the last one since it is the contention one. Aionios means age-continuing. So we can read this last verse as:

Mat 25:45 And these shall go away to continue to be punished after this age but the righteous will continue in Life into the next age.

For brevity, I didn't address the two chapters of Revelation that were mentioned but if your more specific on those chapters I can narrow down on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity