Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 03:16 PM

28,115 posts, read 30,032,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why dd He provide a way, if there were other ways?
He didn't. There are no other ways.

Quote:
Why did He give us the Bible, if one does not need to hear the word?
One does need to hear the word.

Quote:
Why did He give us the Holy Spirit, if it has no purpose?
He gave us the Spirit to testify to us of the truth.

Quote:
Why did He tell his diciples to spread the word, if people do not need to hear it?
They do need to hear it.

Why did you ask any of these questions? Did you not bother to read any of my posts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Why is it so hard for you to wrap your mind and believe with your eyes and listen to what Jesus revealed in the Bible ?
It's not what's in the Bible I can't wrap my mind around. It's what how some of you folks are interpreting it, and how you seem to feel that God would condemn people who had no knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Quote:
Why is Jesus' revelation not clear to you? .... It's clear to me.
Funny. I see it as just the other way around. I'd say it's clear to me but not to you.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:22 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,956,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Good post.

God tells us in His Word that those who reject Him with their disbelief will be eternally condemned.

Our God is a just God, and I do not think that He will condemn those who never had a chance (unborn children, little children, mentally challenged...) to know about Him and reject Him.
How will those who never had a chance be saved then? After death?

Old 12-07-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
It is for God to decide just as it is for God to reach out. Remember God is always knocking on the door of ones soul, all we have to do is open it and welcome Him inside. Our ways are not the ways of God and neither is His ways our ways. At judgement He will reveal just how many times He put someone in our lives and we rejected His gospel.
I think you're missing the point. You've stated the obvious, but have ignored the question posed in the OP. If everybody who had ever lived could just magically receive the gospel of Jesus Christ by osmosis, never having had anyone teach it to them, Jesus Christ would not have specifically instructed His followers to spread it throughout the world.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:32 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,392,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
How will those who never had a chance be saved then? After death?
Through grace.

Timing of it? Don't know, but just guessing at their time of death.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Our God is a just God, and I do not think that He will condemn those who never had a chance (unborn children, little children, mentally challenged...) to know about Him and reject Him.
Well, I'm really glad to know that, but "unborn children, little children, mentally challenged" still leaves a lot of decent people who are apparently going to Hell for no reason than that they happened to be born in the wrong place or at the wrong time. You can understand why the mentally challanged, for instance, would not be held accountable for not accepting Jesus Christ, but what about someone who was born, raised and reached adulthood in 3rd century Mongolia? How can that person be held any more responsible for not accepting Christ than a mentally challenged child living in the United States today?

Old 12-07-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
It is for God to decide just as it is for God to reach out. Remember God is always knocking on the door of ones soul, all we have to do is open it and welcome Him inside. Our ways are not the ways of God and neither is His ways our ways. At judgement He will reveal just how many times He put someone in our lives and we rejected His gospel.

The issue is those who have never heard where no one could have been in their life to show them anything, this, at the denial of some, includes unborn humans.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Through grace.

Timing of it? Don't know, but just guessing at their time of death.

All are saved through grace.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, I'm really glad to know that, but "unborn children, little children, mentally challenged" still leaves a lot of decent people who are apparently going to Hell for no reason than that they happened to be born in the wrong place or at the wrong time. You can understand why the mentally challanged, for instance, would not be held accountable for not accepting Jesus Christ, but what about someone who was born, raised and reached adulthood in 3rd century Mongolia? How can that person be held any more responsible for not accepting Christ than a mentally challenged child living in the United States today?
Tell me this, does God's Word say that only by hearing His Word, having the gospel preached to them by a person, is the only way to salvation?

No, it doesn't.

God says 'those who seek me with all their heart will find me'.

Even deaf and blind Helen Keller is noted as saying that before the gospel was shared with her, that she believed in God but just did not know His name.

I believe God put in each and every one of us a desire to know Him. We either fill it with Him or with something else (endless list).

Old 12-07-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
All are saved through grace.
grace...through faith.

Gotta have faith.

Reject God and He will reject you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity