Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 10:21 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,487,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Well, I am letting the bible speak for itself in the manner you are speaking of, it says to use a sound pattern of words. I am only pointing out that a sound pattern of words based upon what you are saying is likely also concluding that unborn babies that are aborted or miscarried or killed by some other means are also in hell along with all those who have never heard the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Well...simply stated is that one doesn't have to conclude that about unborn babies that are aborted or miscarried or killed by some other means are also in hell...to yet accept the truth that God doesn't save those who rejected him.

It's too bad that this question gets keep on getting asked ... answered .... then only to be asked again because one doesn't like the answer from the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 10:26 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,940,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The vast weight of scripture attests that Jesus is the only way to salvation. The ambiguous passage about being judged by our consciences stands alone, and I really don't understand what it means. Judgement is certainly not the same as salvation. I only hope it means that those who never had an opportunity to know the Gospel may not be condemned. If anyone here has more light on this I would very much like to hear it.
Well, I already explained my belief, and it most definitely does not include the condemnation of people who, through no fault of their own, never had the opportunity to hear Christ's gospel. Unfortunately, the Bible is vague with respect to what happens to such individuals, and for those who are convinced that no truth exists outside of the Bible, the question has no satisfactory answer.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:30 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Let a man judge himself, least he be judged.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:30 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,793 times
What happens to them depends upon how they respond to Christ/The Holy Spirit. We are not saved in our intellects. Salvation is deeper. Christ needs more than us to believe in our minds that the bible speaks truth about Him.

Christ is Spirit and He knocks on our hearts' doors. How? By dealing with our consciences. Those of us that reply obediently are blessed with Him entering our hearts and staying.

Those that practice righteousness (in obedience) ARE righteous, bible says. The pure in heart will see God.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:05 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Well...simply stated is that one doesn't have to conclude that about unborn babies that are aborted or miscarried or killed by some other means are also in hell...to yet accept the truth that God doesn't save those who rejected him.
Of course you do not have to conclude that, but if the idea that those who have not heard are in hell is true then that would be denying the truth.

An unborn baby that dies is a human that died not hearing the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:34 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,909,702 times
JN 5:21 "For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes.
JN 4:14 but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."
JN 6:51 " I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh."
JN 4:14 but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."

Clearly, if anyone is going to base their faith on the Christian Bible, they have to see that only by faith in/on Jesus Christ will be saved. If you are shocked that this means so many would go to eternal damnation, well then you just need to read and be better informed. Jesus clearly said that this will be the case.

MT 7:13 " Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
MT 7:14 "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:48 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
JN 5:21 "For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes.
JN 6:51 " I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh."

Clearly, if anyone is going to base their faith on the Christian Bible, they have to see that only by faith in/on Jesus Christ will be saved. If you are shocked that this means so many would go to eternal damnation, well then you just need to read and be better informed. Jesus clearly said that this will be the case.

MT 7:13 " Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
MT 7:14 "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

The assertion of clarity is an illusion.

1 Timothy 2:4 is clear, then, God will have all mankind to be saved and come to the knowledge of truth. Certainly that is clear, but now you will go on to explain why the translation I got that from isn't meaning what it appears. Yes, certainly clear.....

With that said, some try to avoid this issue because they do not think it matters, perhaps it does not. But as long as your clarity is saying all that damnation includes the unborn that die without having faith in Jesus Christ , it should not be a problem for you to admit it.

It being true is another matter, but at least demonstrate that you are going to be consistant in your beliefs.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:10 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,487,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Of course you do not have to conclude that, but if the idea that those who have not heard are in hell is true then that would be denying the truth.

An unborn baby that dies is a human that died not hearing the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I would not disagree that from a logical view point that would be correct...however God doesn't need human logic or approval to show mercy to whomever.

This whole topic is premised on that certian people have a problem with God. They reject that anyone who does not have faith are held accountable for their unbelief.

This baby issue is nothing more than a cover-up to the distain that God would have the gall. Since "fairness" is being determined by human logic, that logic claims that God isn't being fair if one group is damned while the other isn't.

Well ... , God isn't fair.

"He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he."

Old 12-07-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
God must hate an awful lot of His children for no good reason. Why do you think He'd condemn people who never even had a chance? I'm just trying to get my mind around this concept.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
What happens to them depends upon how they respond to Christ/The Holy Spirit.
And this particular thread is about the millions who never heard of Christ. What about them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity