Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 04:47 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,940,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You answered this yourself with your OP
Yeah, I know, but people seem to quickly forget what the OP was. This thread is now going down an entirely different path than I had intended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 05:39 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,028,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Come on Finn . . . you cannot reject or accept what you have never heard of . . . read the OP. He has already saved ALL of us anyway . . . you are concerned about "precepts and doctrines of men." As long as we "love God and each other" there is no need to figure out the rest of the nonsense promulgated by religions. The dogma is nothing but human vanity and hubris..
Has He really saved us all ALREADY? Isn't that really a false statement?

Old 12-11-2011, 05:42 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,523,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
If god doesnt abide by time then it is true. It is done. Where on the timeline the start and end are we cannot see in our time. Right?

Maybe I should start another thread.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:00 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,583 times
Quote:
Well, that statement is not false according to Paul...Paul tells us that we (or us) were saved prior to even being born on earth, and that this salvation (or being "saved") was given to us "in Christ", in a previous age:

2Ti 1:9 who did save us, and did call with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, that was given to us in Christ Jesus, before the times of the ages,

It's kind of startling to read that verse. Think about that for a moment. Paul, as Saul, was putting people to death for confessing Jesus' name. And yet, Saul actually had God's grace, that grace given to him in Christ, even while being Christ's enemy during those years of his own unbelief.

Saul was subjectively Christ's enemy, but objectively loved by God, and in Christ.

That is an amazing scripture. Praise God for that . I'll sleep better tonight, just thinking about that one .

Old 12-11-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
If god doesnt abide by time then it is true. It is done. Where on the timeline the start and end are we cannot see in our time. Right?

Sure start another thread. Something tells me thatI read in the news how people are still killing others. That tells me there is sin. As I understand it, if there is sinners still practicing sin then that means they are NOT saved. I'm a universalist but anyone that believe that people are all saved right now haven't understood the scriptures.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:56 PM

987 posts, read 1,118,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Well, that statement is not false according to Paul...Paul tells us that we (or us) were saved prior to even being born on earth, and that this salvation (or being "saved") was given to us "in Christ", in a previous age:

2Ti 1:9 who did save us, and did call with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, that was given to us in Christ Jesus, before the times of the ages,

It's kind of startling to read that verse. Think about that for a moment. Paul, as Saul, was putting people to death for confessing Jesus' name. And yet, Saul actually had God's grace, that grace given to him in Christ, even while being Christ's enemy during those years of his own unbelief.

Saul was subjectively Christ's enemy, but objectively loved by God, and in Christ.

That is an amazing scripture. Praise God for that . I'll sleep better tonight, just thinking about that one .
It truly is amazing!! Amazing doesn't even begin to describe the Father. Awesome, we need some new superlatives to describe His love and purpose in creation, imho!!

Old 12-11-2011, 08:15 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,523,686 times
Quote:
Sure start another thread. Something tells me thatI read in the news how people are still killing others. That tells me there is sin. As I understand it, if there is sinners still practicing sin then that means they are NOT saved. I'm a universalist but anyone that believe that people are all saved right now haven't understood the scriptures.
To god what does timing matter? To him it occured that's all that matters. Right?

Old 12-11-2011, 08:24 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
...This thread is now going down an entirely different path than I had intended.
It's amazing how that happens...The Gospel is preached and all hell breaks loose (literally)...

Old 12-11-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:

Then why be concerned about sin if God has already saved everyone?

Old 12-11-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
To god what does timing matter? To him it occured that's all that matters. Right?
I believe as God is, Time is.. So does time matter, not at all.. I only means that if time happened then whatever happened in time is as God decided it should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity