Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 03:53 AM

9,022 posts, read 13,885,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Pepys View Post
JW's have relegated Jesus to the rank of highest of angels, Michael. That's how much you worship and think of Him. Complete utter unscriptural rubbish. You better read your bible again, carefully.
Nope....he was THE FIRST creation God ever made!

The very first,before people,before angels,etc.

So he is in essence like a son to God,which is why he IS called the son of God.

Why is that so hard to understand is beyond me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 03:01 PM

7,614 posts, read 6,123,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
The ^ above ^ sounds as if you are a fair-weather Christian.
If the government bans Christmas, and a public display/ decorations means being fined or going to jail, then your religious conviction of going to Midnight Mass is compromised ? Who rules - Acts 5:29 - Caesar or God ?________
Hypothetical question?

If the FLying Spaghetti Monster stops me on the way and says he needs me to repair his flying saucer, would I decline because I am on my way to Midnight Mass?

The Point is, a representative of a CHURCH, not a representative of a government, tried to stop me from celebrating as I choose. And that church representative FAILED! So who rules? I DO !!!!!!!!

Who is the Boss? Caesar or God? NONE Of the ABOVE ! IT IS I the GREAT CAT !

Old 12-30-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
What is it about people that celebrate Christmas find so hard to understand:

Jesus NEVER said celebrate his birth.

Maybe someone can show me where this celibration of his birth takes place.
It certainly happened Last Thursday night at the Cathedral I attended....... It happened there. Come next year, I will show you.

Old 12-30-2015, 04:32 PM

10,095 posts, read 5,016,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Hypothetical question?
If the FLying Spaghetti Monster stops me on the way and says he needs me to repair his flying saucer, would I decline because I am on my way to Midnight Mass?
The Point is, a representative of a CHURCH, not a representative of a government, tried to stop me from celebrating as I choose. And that church representative FAILED! So who rules? I DO !!!!!!!!
Who is the Boss? Caesar or God? NONE Of the ABOVE ! IT IS I the GREAT CAT !
What is Not hypothetical is that the political elements will surprisingly turn on the religious world - Rev. 18:7-9
1st Thess. 5:2-3 is a precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14
Spiritual ' house cleaning ' starts with the house of God - 1st Peter 4:17
So, the political will attack ' Christendom ' first.

Old 12-31-2015, 08:36 PM

Quote:
What is Not hypothetical is that the political elements will surprisingly turn on the religious world - Rev. 18:7-9
1st Thess. 5:2-3 is a precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14
You have stooped to quoting myth and fiction as proof?

What about this instead ?

We hardly ever realize that we can cut anything out of our lives, anytime, in the blink of an eye.

-From Journey To Ixtlan

Or perhaps this one ?
The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
Ayn Rand

Or maybe tell me why you choose to live your life based on outdated first century philosophy, when we have so many healthier, and more functional choices in the 21st century?

Old 12-31-2015, 09:49 PM

23,272 posts, read 10,568,632 times
Quote:

Spiritual House Cleaning begins at the Sanctuary of God on the 5th day in the 6th month, in the 6th year. Judgment begins at the sanctuary and children are killed, young men, maidens, old men, kings and paupers. ALL PEOPLE WHO DO NOT HAVE THE SEAL OF GOD IN THEIR FOREHEAD AND RIGHT ARM.

God promises to seal your forehead and right arm as a memorial between you and he if you will keep his Passover, his unleavened bread, his firstfruits, his Shavuot, his Rosh Hashanah, his Yom Kippur, his Sukkot, his great Hosannah, his Simchat Torah, and especially his Sabbath.

Each person's name is spoken on Rosh Hashanah as they prepare boldly to come up to the throne in a face to face. When a person finds out that he is written in the wrong book and found wanting on Rosh Hashanah, well then, he has ten days to Yom Kippur, and you will either be sealed with the seal of God every year, or you wont. Jesus is officiating as a priests EVERY ROSH HASHANAH, HE DECIDES BY WHAT SABBATHS YOU KEEP.

If you keep God's Sabbath and his feast days that please him and the law in always on your lips then HE WILL MARK YOU, and this is God's promise EVERY YEAR to those who keep his worship system.

Judgment comes to the sanctuary in Ezekiel 8 and 9 as the day begins on the 5th day, in the 6th month, in the 6th year that God judges his sanctuary, and Jerusalem is searched by candlelight when everyone who doesn't have the seal of God is killed at 6 P.M. AS THE LAST SACRIFICE. A sacrifice to the birds when God comes and begins his judgment at THE SANCTUARY!

The Messiah of Babylon is the resurrected Nimrod named,'' TAMMUZ.''

On 666, everyone who weeps for Tammuz in Easter and in the winter solstice are killed right there at the 6th hour when the 5th day becomes the 6th day at 6 p.m.

In the 6th month, in the 6th year, EVERYONE WHO HAS NOT BEEN MARKED WITH GOD'S SABBATH SEALS IN HIS FOREHEAD AND RIGHT HAND DIE.

Exodus 13

6Seven days thou shalt eat unleavened bread, and in the seventh day shall be a feast to the LORD. 7Unleavened bread shall be eaten seven days; and there shall no leavened bread be seen with thee, neither shall there be leaven seen with thee in all thy quarters. 8And thou shalt shew thy son in that day, saying, This is done because of that which the LORD did unto me when I came forth out of Egypt. 9 And it shall be unto thee a sign upon thy right hand, And a memorial between thine eyes , that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt. 10Thou shalt therefore keep this ordinance in his season from year to year.

ONLY ONE WAY TO RECIEVE GOD'S SEAL EVERY YEAR!

THE ONLY WAY TO RECIEVE GOD'S SEAL OF PROTECTION~~~~~BY WHAT FEASTS YOU KEEP

What Sabbath you keep, it marks and seals you.

Christianity keeps the Sabbaths and feasts of Babylon.

Jesus has the feasts of Jerusalem.

Revelation is only pointing to the 6th hour, the 6th day, the 6th month, the 6th year for keeping the feasts of Tammuz, the MESSIAH of BABYLON. The name,'' TAMMUZ,'' will never change, 666 is not going to change the Messiah of Babylon's name, you find the 666 in Ezekiel 8 and 9, and you find Tammuz.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:30 AM

840 posts, read 780,367 times
Quote:
It certainly happened Last Thursday night at the Cathedral I attended....... It happened there. Come next year, I will show you.
'Not exactly' . . .

What you were actually celebrating --whether you knew it or not-- was a purely pagan festival with Bible names pasted all over it . . .

“During the first two centuries of Christianity there was strong opposition to recognizing birthdays of martyrs or, for that matter, of Jesus,” states the Encyclopedia Britannica. Why . . . ?

Christians viewed birthday celebrations as a pagan custom, something to be avoided altogether.
In fact, no mention of the date of Jesus’ birth can be found in the Bible.

In the fourth century C.E., despite the stand taken by the early Christians against the custom of celebrating birthdays, the Catholic Church instituted Christmas. The church wanted to strengthen its position by removing one of the main obstacles in its way—the popularity of the pagan Roman religions and their winter solstice festivals. . . .

Each year, from December 17 through January 1,
“most Romans feasted, gamed, reveled, paraded, and joined in other festivities
as they paid homage to their deities,” says Christmas in America, by Penne L. Restad.

And on December 25, the Romans celebrated the birth of the Invincible Sun. . . .

Instituting Christmas on that day, the church cajoled many Romans into celebrating the birth of Jesus instead of the birth of the sun. Romans “were still able to enjoy the trappings of these midwinter festivals,” says Santa Claus, a Biography, by Gerry Bowler.

In reality, they “continued to mark the new days with old ways.”

In his book The Battle for Christmas, Stephen Nissenbaum refers to Christmas as:

nothing but a pagan festival covered with a Christian veneer.”

Christmas, therefore, dishonors God and his Son, Jesus Christ.

God's Word, the Bible, asks:

What fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have?
Or what sharing does light have with darkness?” (2 Corinthians 6:14)

Like the trunk of a tree that has grown crooked,
Christmas is so twisted that it “cannot be made straight.”—Ecclesiastes 1:15.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:31 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,340,364 times
it's interesting that the angels of God apparently had a somewhat different take on Jesus' "birthday" and the celebration thereof than the previous poster seems to have: "...behold I bring you tidings of GREAT joy.." they supposedly told the shepherds in Luke 2:10 because the "Christ and Lord" was being born in Bethlehem. apparently that "birthday" was in fact such a big deal that a "multitude of the heavenly hosts appeared praising God and saying 'glory to God in the highest...'" (Luke 2:13)

if angels from God in heaven can rightfully celebrate the coming of Jesus the "Christ and Lord" into the world should we be faulted if for the same reason that we ALSO praise and glorify God and his beloved Son in memory of that coming on some particular day---REGARDLESS of whatever PRIOR associations may have been in play for that day??? one might say Christianity "baptized" that day driving away the pagan connections of Dec. 25 and replacing false dead Saturn with the true living Christ in the same way that baptism is supposed by some to change our "old" sinful natures and replace them with a "new" life in Christ.

Christians who celebrate "Christmas" (the very name is about Christ) know that's what the holiday/holyday is ALL about. santa and reindeer and mistletoe are at BEST "kid stuff" (and good for secular business) and NOBODY seriously thinks that they have ANY (Christian) religious significance at all and even the kids either figure it out themselves or are taught what the "true" meaning of the Christian observance is. our real joy in the season is NOT from gifts, goodies, or greetings but from the joyful remembrance that "He who is to come into the world" has indeed truly come among us and more importantly come into our hearts---so we may share that great gift of God's love for us with charity to all our "neighbors" both near and far.

if the concept of "birthdays" offends you for some reason then you can just as easily call the day a "commemoration" or "anniversary" celebrated similarly to the various feast days of the Jews just as "Passover" commemorated the anniversary of the Jews liberation from Egypt through the LORD'S power humbling Pharaoh or "Hanukah" celebrates the rededication of the temple in Jerusalem after pagans had controlled it.

IF our INTENT "from the heart" is to worship, praise, and glorify the incarnation of the Son of God for the forgiveness of sin and the salvation of the world then God who sees into hearts quite well I'm told probably isn't too upset at all about no matter what the externals may appear to someone else's eyes.

in the peace of the "newborn" King, Jesus who eternally IS "Immanuel"/"God with us"....

Last edited by georgeinbandonoregon; 01-05-2016 at 01:54 PM..

Old 01-06-2016, 04:57 PM

georgeinbandonoregon

First of all, the Jews did Not celebrate birthdays - Ecc; 7:1 B

For some children the first 'god' they are introduced to is Santa the ' god ' of children who knows if your naughty or nice.
The ' god ' who rewards good behavior. What does the God of the Bible think about lies - Proverbs 6:17

Isn't the true meaning that Jesus was Not born on Dec. 25th ?
Isn't the true meaning that the Saturnalia was mixed with a false nativity scene? ( such as 3 magi at the manger )
So, the mixture is more likely Christ-nalia than Christmas.

It is Not the concept of birthdays that offends but lies offending.
Jesus gave us one command and that is in connection to his day of death - Luke 22:19
We are to remember the day he died which was the Passover date of the Jewish Spring month of Nisan the 14th day.
As a wedding anniversary does Not fall on a Friday each year, Nisan 14 does Not fall on a Friday each year.

To Jesus and his followers there was but one God, the Father - 1st Corinthians 8:6; John 4:23-24; Revelation 3:12

Old 01-06-2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
You have stooped to quoting myth and fiction as proof?
What about this instead ?
We hardly ever realize that we can cut anything out of our lives, anytime, in the blink of an eye.
Sure, anyone can cut anything out......
Whether one chooses to cut Scripture out of one's life is one's free-will choice to make.
I am merely posting what the Bible really teaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity