Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 01:21 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,678,851 times

Advertisements

I'd vote for Romney before most of the nutcases the GOP has lined up, so far.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:23 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
What issues?
Abortion, for example. He was pro-abortion, and now he is against it. Immigration is another, as he used to support a 'path to citizenship', and now he is strictly against it, and says "amnesty does not work". He supported tax payer funded health care with mandates in MA, and now he is a big opponent of such measures. He supported TARP, and now he ridicules it.

He has flip flopped on practically every major issue.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-13-2011 at 01:31 PM..

Old 12-13-2011, 01:26 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,962,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
Financially, he likes to spend money. I'm not convinced he will be the financially conservative leader that our country needs at this point.

On other issues, I think he'd be a great president--including his foreign policy.
Oh ok.

And you bring up the very important issue of foreign policy. I wonder, which Presidential candidate would make it harder for businesses to manafacture overseas? Besides morality, world trade would be the single most important issue that could solve alot of our financial problems. I wonder what Romney would have to say about that.

Also, has any Presidential candidate spoken out against Monsanto and the theft of innocent American farmers land and money? Probably not, since that would be a high risk for assasination.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:27 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,687,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

I support Ron Paul.

Ron Paul wants to define life as starting at conception, build a fence along the US-Mexico border, prevent the Supreme Court from hearing cases on the Establishment Clause or the right to privacy, permit the return of sodomy laws and the like (a bill which he has repeatedly re-introduced), pull out of the UN, disband NATO, deny federal funding to any organization “which presents male or female homosexuality as an acceptable alternative life style or which suggest that it can be an acceptable life style” along with destroying public education and social security, and abolish the Federal Reserve in order to put America back on the gold standard. He was also the sole vote against divesting US federal government investments in corporations doing business with the genocidal government of the Sudan.

Oh, and he believes that the left is waging a war on religion and Christmas, he’s against gay marriage, is against the popular vote, opposes the Civil Rights Act of 1964, wants the estate tax repealed, is STILL making racist remarks, believes that the Panama Canal should be the property of the United States, and believes in New World Order conspiracy theories, not to mention his belief that the International Baccalaureate program is UN mind control, and he denies that evolution is fact.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Abortion, for example. He was pro-abortion, and now he is against it.
Ok. Well, at least he repented and stands firm on the issue, probably.

I understand what you mean though, that's not good to all of the sudden flop back to pro-life when trying to be President. Definitely a little fishy.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Ok. Well, at least he repented and stands firm on the issue, probably.

I understand what you mean though, that's not good to all of the sudden flop back to pro-life when trying to be President. Definitely a little fishy.
I added the ones below to the list, and no, I don't think is stands firm on anything, I think he is just saying what people want to hear.

Immigration is another, as he used to support a 'path to citizenship', and now he is strictly against it, and says "amnesty does not work". He supported tax payer funded health care with mandates in MA, and now he is a big opponent of such measures. He supported TARP, and now he ridicules it.

He has flip flopped on practically every major issue.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Ron Paul wants to define life as starting at conception, build a fence along the US-Mexico border, prevent the Supreme Court from hearing cases on the Establishment Clause or the right to privacy, permit the return of sodomy laws and the like (a bill which he has repeatedly re-introduced), pull out of the UN, disband NATO, deny federal funding to any organization “which presents male or female homosexuality as an acceptable alternative life style or which suggest that it can be an acceptable life style” along with destroying public education and social security, and abolish the Federal Reserve in order to put America back on the gold standard. He was also the sole vote against divesting US federal government investments in corporations doing business with the genocidal government of the Sudan.

Oh, and he believes that the left is waging a war on religion and Christmas, he’s against gay marriage, is against the popular vote, opposes the Civil Rights Act of 1964, wants the estate tax repealed, is STILL making racist remarks, believes that the Panama Canal should be the property of the United States, and believes in New World Order conspiracy theories, not to mention his belief that the International Baccalaureate program is UN mind control, and he denies that evolution is fact.
SWEET!!! If he wasn't from Texas I'd probably vote for him...lol. Just kidding, I like Texas but I'm sure that any politician from Texas is an oil lobbiest, and that's the opposite direction of where this country needs to go. Also, Monsanto is in Texas.

Seriously though, I don't have hard feelings towards Texas, but for some reason I'd never vote for anyone coming from Texas. I'm from Louisiana and I have family in Texas, but I just feel there is some corrupt business and political stuff that goes on there. Especially Monsanto.

Still pulling for Romney so far.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post

My wife is also pulling for Paul, so make it two from here.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:43 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,687,726 times
Quote:
Most Christians are probably going to vote for the Texas oil lobbiest who wants to open the doors of this country for everyone to illegally come in, but I'm leaning more towards Romney, and this will also be my first ever vote for President. But I need to know more about the guy maybe. Can we lay it all out on the table here? I know there will be many opinions and theories but I'll be carefull and only accept the facts. I really do like what I see so far. So far his integrity seems very real and he doesn't seem like he'd be two faced or a lobbiest type.
Romney said he wouldn't choose a muslim as a cabinet member, then turns around and says please don't discuss whether we should chose a Mormon as president. Mormons discriminate, plain and simple. Gays, Jews, blacks, women, muslims. To a Mormon they're all lesser people.

US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Remember when Romney said he wouldn’t put a Muslim in the cabinet? He made his Mormonism relevant.

If you want to see what evil homophobes the Mormons are, watch this:

8: The Mormon Proposition (2010) - IMDb

One of the guys he'll appoint as a foreign policy advisor has ties to the violent christian militia that committed atrocities in Lebanon's civil war:

Top Romney Adviser Tied To Christian Militia That Committed Atrocities In Lebanon's Civil War | ThinkProgress

Seriously, Romney is not a good choice. He's shown that he's willing to justify discrimination and bigotry, and to surround himself with people of questionable moral values.

Not only that, but he believes his underwear has magical properties that will protect him in car accidents, house fires, and from bullets:

Last edited by picmod; 01-09-2014 at 07:42 PM..

Old 12-13-2011, 01:44 PM

And for the record, I'm not a racist or a conspiracy theorist. However, I understand that illegal immigration is a problem that ties directly to job loss as well as other money loss. This in my opinion is in the top four of five of the worst problems in America, along with all our manafacturing jobs overseas. It just makes perfect sense to me. You can't shut down and steal from all our farmers, steal our jobs, and give it all to other countries and stand on your feet. You also cant say your fighting a war on terrorism when you leave your front door wide open for anyone to come in illegally. It's a no brainer.

But first and foremost, you can't be blessed, if you don't follow the true Almighty Living God, and His Son Yahushua the Messiah. We are in a very pivotal time for this nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity