Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 11:43 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,967,751 times

Advertisements

Most Christians are probably going to vote for the Texas oil lobbiest who wants to open the doors of this country for everyone to illegally come in, but I'm leaning more towards Romney, and this will also be my first ever vote for President. But I need to know more about the guy maybe. Can we lay it all out on the table here? I know there will be many opinions and theories but I'll be carefull and only accept the facts. I really do like what I see so far. So far his integrity seems very real and he doesn't seem like he'd be two faced or a lobbiest type.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,800,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Most Christians are probably going to vote for the Texas oil lobbiest who wants to open the doors of this country for everyone to illegally come in, but I'm leaning more towards Romney, and this will also be my first ever vote for President. But I need to know more about the guy maybe. Can we lay it all out on the table here? I know there will be many opinions and theories but I'll be carefull and only accept the facts. I really do like what I see so far. So far his integrity seems very real and he doesn't seem like he'd be two faced or a lobbiest type.
Romney has flip-flopped on practically every issue.

I support Ron Paul.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:07 PM

939 posts, read 1,028,132 times
Quote:
Most Christians are probably going to vote for the Texas oil lobbiest who wants to open the doors of this country for everyone to illegally come in,
How do you know that? I probably would not vote for him.
Quote:

but I'm leaning more towards Romney, and this will also be my first ever vote for President. But I need to know more about the guy maybe. Can we lay it all out on the table here? I know there will be many opinions and theories but I'll be carefull and only accept the facts. I really do like what I see so far. So far his integrity seems very real and he doesn't seem like he'd be two faced or a lobbiest type.
My problem with Romney is that he's just not a conservative. His religion is irrelevant, in my mind. Our current president is either a universalist, a muslim, or an atheist. Past presidents have been a wide range of them. Our last one was an Evangelical Christian. Religion doesn't necessarily seem to indicate a good president. One could argue that if you're dumb enough not to believe in God, your wisdom should be questioned, but I'm not necessarily going to suggest that.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:21 PM

2,108 posts, read 2,901,799 times
I am a former Mormon, but I hold nothing against Mormons and would not hesitate to vote for one if I preferred them in all other ways (in other words I would not hold Mormonism against a candidate). Personally, if I had to vote for someone in the Republican party, I'd choose the other Mormon, Jon Huntsman.

But, I will be voting for Obama.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
Personally, if I had to vote for someone in the Republican party, I'd choose the other Mormon, Jon Huntsman.

And that's exactly why we don't want him.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Romney has flip-flopped on practically every issue.

I support Ron Paul.
What issues?

When confronted about gay rights he stood pretty firm and agreed to disagree. He stood firm and didn't try and butter up both sides. He said, "marriage is between a man and a woman". That's as real as it gets. Someone else might have tried to ride the fence.

Ron Paul... He would be my next choice as of right now, simply because I sense he's not a two faced lobbying and corrupt politician. That's the second qualification in my book. First and foremost would be them being a disciple of Yahushua the Messiah of course.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post

My problem with Romney is that he's just not a conservative. His religion is irrelevant, in my mind. Our current president is either a universalist, a muslim, or an atheist. Past presidents have been a wide range of them. Our last one was an Evangelical Christian. Religion doesn't necessarily seem to indicate a good president. One could argue that if you're dumb enough not to believe in God, your wisdom should be questioned, but I'm not necessarily going to suggest that.
Key word - probably. It's just what I think is probable, not factual.

His religion is very relevant to me, since from my experience the Mormons are ranked either one or two in morality and integrity when compared to other denominations. I would think because of that he'd make an excellant president.

"and I'm not a Mormon" ...lol

Old 12-13-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post

Whoa, wait a minute. He's not a conservative? Explain. The first thing I learned about him was a very conservative stance on marriage.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Whoa, wait a minute. He's not a conservative? Explain. The first thing I learned about him was a very conservative stance on marriage.
Financially, he likes to spend money. I'm not convinced he will be the financially conservative leader that our country needs at this point.

On other issues, I think he'd be a great president--including his foreign policy.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
I am a former Mormon, but I hold nothing against Mormons and would not hesitate to vote for one if I preferred them in all other ways (in other words I would not hold Mormonism against a candidate). Personally, if I had to vote for someone in the Republican party, I'd choose the other Mormon, Jon Huntsman.

Jon Huntsman... never heard of him. I'll research him. So why? Why Huntsman over Romney?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity