Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 04:47 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,724,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
I would say it shows that cells can regenerate more cells, but cells alone do not have the potential to become a person. The liver can regenerate but it will not become a different organ let alone another person.
RESPONSE:

Yes they do have the potential to become a person.

Perhaps you've heard of a zygote, the product of the union between a sperm and an ovum. Each skin cell nucleus has the same genetic content.

In addition a mammalian cell nucleus, if implanted and allowed to undergo gestation, can result in an adult of that species. Dolly the Lamb is an example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolly_(sheep)

Last edited by ancient warrior; 03-15-2012 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: addition of reference
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 10:08 PM

697 posts, read 1,072,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
RESPONSE:

In our medical research lab, we used to take cells from the skins of people and grow them in tissue culture. They would divide and form daughter cells each a clone of the original cells.

Their nuclei contained the same genetic content of an embryo. They were clearly of human origin and since they were growing, they were alive.

Is someone going to tell me that they were really people? And that when we destroyed them at the end of an experiment, we had murdered them?

They had the potential to become people, but they were not yet people.
Ok now, THAT makes sense. Likewise, my fingernails are human, and they grow, so they must be alive, but I clip them and throw them away.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
If you've read my posts in this thread, then the point I'm making should be apparent.
Your point is apparent (or should I say a parent?), it just makes no sense to me.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I sure hope there are not abortions at 7 months. And I doubt there are "many". It should be illegal after the first trimester IMO unless the mother's life is in danger or in cases where it is known that the baby is very seriously deformed (brain on outside of skull, etc...) and will not survive.
I agree with you, sort of, but it is a fuzzy line there between first and second trimester. Pinpointing the exact gestational age is not always that precise and some women don't even know they are pregnant for several weeks. I think rather than getting caught up in trimesters, one should think about when the fetus is viable, generally around 24 weeks.

Furthermore, I do fall in line w/ Roe V Wade, which establishes that the government cannot restrict access to abortion before viability of the fetus.
After viability of the fetus (the likely ability of the fetus to be able to survive outside and separated from the uterus), the potential of human life could be considered as a legitimate state interest, and the state could choose to "regulate, or even proscribe abortion" as long as the life and health of the mother was protected.

I think, and believe that Roe V Wade supports this, that late in pregnancy (ok, third trimester), there should be no abortion and if a pregnancy needs to be ended to save the life of the mother or infant, there is not an abortion, but rather early induced labor.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:02 PM

593 posts, read 890,563 times
The woman in the earlier picture I see as one individual and if those are her children they were once in an embryotic state of development and before that a sperm in an ovum . While in that state she was their caregiver,protector,vessel providing nurishment,a physiologic adaptive human being capable and designed to eventually produce a baby via birth or put another way her role. She though still is only one person yet figureatively speaking babysitting for "another person". God knew us all in the womb yet He wasn't specific in terms of gestation,trimester,stage of development . Since the cycle of eventual birth is in the plan of God and His creation we can only believe it pleases Him and alterations of that plan displeases Him the later opening up one to curses and wrath on ones mental and or physical well being . Abortions by Godless women and their abortionists will pay a price not from an angry God a "judgemental" God . It's how God rolls take it up with Him.

Das

Last edited by DASULAR17; 03-17-2012 at 08:12 PM..

Old 03-17-2012, 09:58 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,542,443 times
New life begins for many even before conception when God joins a man and a women together in Holy union to bring up children who love life so as to populate the world with Godly people.

The princible of sanctified life is not a scientic agument but a sure foundation in Christ for life:
It is written, JER 1:5 "Before I formed you in the belly I knew you; and before you came forth out of the womb I sanctified you..."

Old 03-18-2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
New life begins for many even before conception when God joins a man and a women together in Holy union to bring up children who love life so as to populate the world with Godly people.

The princible of sanctified life is not a scientic agument but a sure foundation in Christ for life:
It is written, JER 1:5 "Before I formed you in the belly I knew you; and before you came forth out of the womb I sanctified you..."
RESPONSE:

On the contrary, life can only begin when something exists that is alive.

That we all exist in the mind of God is not actual existence as a separate being.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
RESPONSE:

On the contrary, life can only begin when something exists that is alive.

That we all exist in the mind of God is not actual existence as a separate being.
That is the problem. Life to many is only a scientific definition. Life to God is what He thinks and wants to let be but mankind aborts His creative ideas. But God is sooo merciful even though He gets slapped in the face daily.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
That is the problem. Life to many is only a scientific definition. Life to God is what He thinks and wants to let be but mankind aborts His creative ideas. But God is sooo merciful even though He gets slapped in the face daily.
RESPONSE:

>>But God is sooo merciful<<????????????

Did you discuss this with God and he spoke to you? Or are you basing your claim on what someone told you God said? Or simply ignoring what scripture records?

"This is what the Lord of hosts has to say: 'I will punish what Amalek did to Israel when he barred his way as he was coming up from Egypt. Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses.' (1 Samuel 15:2-3 NAB)

"Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him."But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." (Numbers 31:17-18)

God is sooo merciful especially when dealing with children, don't you think?

Last edited by ancient warrior; 03-18-2012 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-18-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
RESPONSE:

>>But God is sooo merciful<<????????????

Did you discuss this with God and he spoke to you? Or are you basing your claim on what someone told you God said? Or simply ignoring what scripture records?

"This is what the Lord of hosts has to say: 'I will punish what Amalek did to Israel when he barred his way as he was coming up from Egypt. Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses.' (1 Samuel 15:2-3 NAB)

"Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him."But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." (Numbers 31:17-18)

God is sooo merciful especially when dealing with children, don't you think?
Yes He is merciful but He has His limits and knows when to judge. You will never figure out God entirely because you are not God but yet you jugde Him as though you where.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity