Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2019, 04:02 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Your bible says this and having been made perfect he did become to all those obeying him a cause of salvation age-during.

He became perfect.

Difficult one to swallow, hey?.

His righteousness exceeded that of the Pharisee, which opened the door to the kingdom to him to enter, which opened the doors to the secrets of the kingdom. which opened the doors to live by the power of the kingdom
Since you don’t use the Bible for your theology, where can I read about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Your bible says this and having been made perfect he did become to all those obeying him a cause of salvation age-during.

He became perfect.

Difficult one to swallow, hey?.

His righteousness exceeded that of the Pharisee, which opened the door to the kingdom to him to enter, which opened the doors to the secrets of the kingdom. which opened the doors to live by the power of the kingdom
Did you read that whole passage? It talks about Christ being our sacrifice for sin. Oops!

Old 04-12-2019, 04:33 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Did you read that whole passage? It talks about Christ being our sacrifice for sin. Oops!
No it doesn't . You are talking like you don't know what you are talking about, whil ignoring Jesus had to become perfect too.

Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him? But you have dishonored the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court? Are they not the ones who are blaspheming the noble name of him to whom you belong?

If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” a you are doing right.
But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,” b also said, “You shall not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

These verses have absolutely nothing to do with what Jesus said here, to say they do is just plain stupid and trying to make scripture say what it clearly isn't.

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven

Old 04-12-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
We are unable to be righteous like Jesus, hence His coming to ransom us.

Rom. 3:10

The Scriptures say, “No one is righteous— not even one.”
There are that many scriptures in the old testament about the righteous you have to blnd not to see there are many righteous, not because they earned it or tried to earn it(the righteous man does not think that way) but because they lived by the good treasure stored up within them, which is oneness, faith and living by the source of life.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
No it doesn't . You are talking like you don't know what you are talking about, whil ignoring Jesus had to become perfect too.

Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him? But you have dishonored the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court? Are they not the ones who are blaspheming the noble name of him to whom you belong?

If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” a you are doing right.
But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,” b also said, “You shall not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

These verses have absolutely nothing to do with what Jesus said here, to say they do is just plain stupid and trying to make scripture say what it clearly isn't.

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven
You appear to believe people CAN enter God’s kingdom by works, no?

Old 04-12-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Thank you for answering my question. It is my opinion that you and Mr. Jerwade are at odds with the apostles and even Jesus, regarding imputation of Christ’s righteousness.
True to form you demand your questions to be answered like those you are asking are relucant too, but avoid at all costs answering questions put to you.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
You appear to believe people CAN enter God’s kingdom by works, no?
The righteous are not even thinking about the heaven you think you are going to, they live by the source because there is no other way to live. They actually live BY the Kingdom, the rest takes care of itself.

See first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and the rest will take care of itself.

It is the biggest lie sold by the evangelicals that everyone who does not believe their dogmatic beliefs are trying to earn their way to the heaven they believe in, they are not.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:46 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,429,104 times
Quote:
More and more i am seeing such beliefs to be nothing other than beliefs passed down through the ages by men who had no clue about God, worryingly, openly accepted in todays world by intelligent people who should know better.

I had a dream the other night. I was in my yard when i looked down the street and saw a bunch of savages with spears heading towards my house. I woke up and thought what the heck, i then understood these savages with their weapons, represented the erroneous thoughts and beliefs about God passed down through the ages to the present moment that still veil the mind of man from the true identity of God, while they continue to refuse to trust and listen to the deep within them that is consistenly confirming the true nature and character of God, but dismissed to be the devil, because it conflicts(especially with the 3 major religions) their beliefs about their scriptures.
When I first read this post, I initially thought you were agreeing with me. Now, I see otherwise. The very thing you accuse me of doing is what people who preach a false gospel do. They make up a god of their own. Thankfully, we can rely on God's written Word to get the glimpse He wants us to have as to His eternal nature.

In all the other religions of the world, men try to be more like their idols by means of their own self-righteousness. Biblical Christianity is singular in telling us that there NO ONE who is righteous and NO ONE who seeks God (Romans 3:10-12). Imputed righteousness is a gift from God. God foreknew and predestined His elect unto salvation, by the counsel of His will (see Ephesians 1:3-11).

There is no possible way that man could put together the composite picture of God we see in the Bible. His purpose in election should be understood by all believers. We see God sovereignly electing His chosen nation Israel. Deuteronomy 7:6:

"For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for His prized possession, above all peoples on the face of the earth. "

The election of Israel parallels God's sovereign election of the individual unto salvation. We love God, indeed, because He first loved us (1 John 4:19).

We know the God of the Bible is the One True God. No man, who innately seeks self-righteousness and self-justification, would contrive this. We find out quite plainly we have absolutely nothing to do with our own salvation. This turns so many people off (indeed, when Jesus revealed this doctrine of unconditional election to His disciples in John 6, many stopped following Him) because people want control. Look at the power-hungry Catholic Church, which has long perverted the Gospel and presented salvation as not only works-based but claimed to position itself as the sole means through which one can be saved (a power that belongs only to God). Yet despite its works-based false gospel, this institution has a long history of wickedness. Child molestation, the Inquisition, popes with mistresses, etc. We see time and time again that the self-righteous man is anything but righteous! Islam also teaches a works-based path to salvation - and we see the fruits of that when we see Muslims flying planes into buildings, beheadings, suicide bombings, etc.

The entire purpose of our eternal existence is to love and worship God! This is why we are the redeemed! Having been born under the slavery to sin (a cruel and unloving master, as the world as its grotesque history plainly shows), our ransom has been paid in full by the Holy Blood of Jesus Christ. The transaction is complete. The Seal is applied. Salvation cannot be lost once it is given. It can't even be given back, as a slave does not choose his master. No, our Master chose us to be His slaves! This is the joy and security a believer should experience: that we are slaves of Jesus Christ, as He has paid the full price for us.

THAT is the purpose of our existence. John MacArthur gives a good sermon here on that. We are a love-gift from the Father to the Son. Through Jesus, we are adopted children of the Father: our Abba - literally, Daddy. Jesus told that we should think of God the Father as our Daddy. It's an amazingly intimate relationship, which no pagan man would have felt towards his gods. So too is the slave metaphor repugnant to the pagan. I would also point out that the electing love of God is so amazing that we are loved by the Father "just as" the Father loves Jesus (John 17:23), just as the Son loves the Father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8jQKigWZNo

Quote:
Thank you for answering my question. It is my opinion that you and Mr. Jerwade are at odds with the apostles and even Jesus, regarding imputation of Christ’s righteousness.
The importance of this cannot possibly be overstated. This is the very heart of the Gospel. It is only through Christ's imputed righteousness that one can be saved. As the Apostle Paul wrote, "Christ will be of no use" to you if you seek to justify yourself through the law (Galatians 5:2). The law can only convict. It can only condemn. But through Jesus, we have been given the free gift of eternal life.

Last edited by snj90; 04-12-2019 at 06:15 PM..

Old 04-12-2019, 04:46 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,915,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Here it is In Revelations 19: 7-9......``Let us be glad and rejoice and give honor to him; for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife has made herself ready..... And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white, for the fine linen , IS THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE SAINTS`....and he said to me Write Blessed are they which are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb..And he said to me `These are the true saying of God``..............Sure is Matthew 25 Jesus will judge those believers who fail to resist iniquity and fail to have any faith and will be lost to the Lord .... BUT that is Not everybody who is obedient to Christ , as the Bride of Christ is all those who receive Jesus righteousness and endure to the end of their days to be saved , these will be the righteousness of the saints who is this bride of Christ....

The bride of Christ is the -LITTLE FLOCK( Luke 12:32)= 144,000 bought from the earth-Revelation 14:3)- Will sit on thrones alongside of Jesus-separating, then judging, even the fallen angels. No where is the great multitude promised heaven. Jesus gave them this promise- Matthew 5:5--The meek, will inherit the EARTH. They will stand before Gods throne while on the earth. Gods kingdom rule will be all thats left-forever-Daniel 2:44) so no matter where one stands, they stand before that throne at that point in time.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
When I first read this post, I initially thought you were agreeing with me. Now, I see otherwise. The very thing you accuse me of doing is what people who preach a false gospel do. They make up a god of their own. Thankfully, we can rely on God's written Word to get the glimpse He wants us to have as to His eternal nature.

In all the other religions of the world, men try to be more like their idols by means of their own self-righteousness. Biblical Christianity is singular in telling us that there NO ONE who is righteous and NO ONE who seeks God (Romans 3:10-12). Imputed righteousness is a gift from God. God foreknew and predestined His elect unto salvation, by the counsel of His will (see Ephesians 1:3-11).

There is no possible way that man could put together the composite picture of God we see in the Bible. His purpose in election should be understood by all believers. We see God sovereignly electing His chosen nation Israel. Deuteronomy 7:6:

"For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for His prized possession, above all peoples on the face of the earth. "

The election of Israel parallels God's sovereign election of the individual unto salvation. We love God, indeed, because He first loved us (1 John 4:19).

We know the God of the Bible is the One True God. No man, who innately seeks self-righteousness and self-justification, would contrive this. We find out quite plainly we have absolutely nothing to do with our own salvation. This turns so many people off (indeed, when Jesus revealed this doctrine of unconditional election to His disciples in John 6, many stopped following Him) because people want control. Look at the power-hungry Catholic Church, which has long perverted the Gospel and presented salvation as not only works-based but claimed to position itself as the sole means through which one can be saved (a power that belongs only to God). Yet despite its works-based false gospel, this institution has a long history of wickedness. Child molestation, the Inquisition, popes with mistresses, etc. We see time and time again that the self-righteous man is anything but righteous! Islam also teaches a works-based path to salvation - and we see the fruits of that when we see Muslims flying planes into buildings, beheadings, suicide bombings, etc.

The entire purpose of our eternal existence is to love and worship God! This is why we are the redeemed! Having been born under the slavery to sin (a cruel and unloving master, as the world as its grotesque history plainly shows), our ransom has been paid in full by the Holy Blood of Jesus Christ. The transaction is complete. The Seal is applied. Salvation cannot be lost once it is given. It can't even be given back, as a slave does not choose his master. No, our Master chose us to be His slaves! This is the joy and security a believer should experience: that we are slaves of Jesus Christ, as He has paid the full price for us.

THAT is the purpose of our existence. John MacArthur gives a good sermon here on that. We are a love-gift from the Father to the Son. Through Jesus, we are adopted children of the Father: our Abba - literally, Daddy. Jesus told that we should think of God the Father as our Daddy. It's an amazingly intimate relationship, which no pagan man would have felt towards his gods. So too is the slave metaphor repugnant to the pagan. I would also point out that the electing love of God is so amazing that we are loved by the Father "just as" the Father loves Jesus (John 17:23), just as the Son loves the Father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8jQKigWZNo

The importance of this cannot possibly be understated. This is the very heart of the Gospel. It is only through Christ's imputed righteousness that one can be saved. As the Apostle Paul wrote, "Christ will be of no use" to you if you seek to justify yourself through the law (Galatians 5:2). The law can only convict. It can only condemn. But through Jesus, we have been given the free gift of eternal life.
Oh Lord, Pope Macarthur of the bible Fundamentalists. Get behind me satan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity