Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 08:38 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,726,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Are we sure it was a vision?
RESPONSE:

No. Just a story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 05:59 AM

1 posts, read 261 times
moses is the embodiment of the old testament law.. elijah is the prophet worh the task to kntroduce the idea of messiah.. and jesus's presence upon both plains is the completion and the beginnkng the alpha and the omega.. again and again

Old 08-18-2018, 06:01 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,056,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayc360 View Post
moses is the embodiment of the old testament law.. Elijah is the prophet worh the task to kntroduce the idea of messiah.. And jesus's presence upon both plains is the completion and the beginnkng the alpha and the omega.. Again and again
😳...

Old 08-18-2018, 06:20 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
What did Moses, Elijah & Christ talk about in the Vision?

Mat 17:1-3 And after six days Jesus is taking aside Peter and James and
John, his brother, and is bringing them up into a high mountain, privately,
(2) and was transformed in front of them. And His face shines as the sun,
yet His garments became white as the light." (3) And lo! Moses and Elijah
were seen by them, conferring with Him."
Whether they should order a chinese or a mexican

Old 08-18-2018, 06:28 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,246,422 times
Quote:
What did Moses, Elijah & Christ talk about in the Vision?

Mat 17:1-3 And after six days Jesus is taking aside Peter and James and
John, his brother, and is bringing them up into a high mountain, privately,
(2) and was transformed in front of them. And His face shines as the sun,
yet His garments became white as the light." (3) And lo! Moses and Elijah
were seen by them, conferring with Him."
GINOLJC, to all.

Good topic,

Moses and Elijah represented the "LAW" and the "PROPHETS", which was the fulfilling of both. scripture. Romans 10:4 "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth".

a covenant change was occurring. the Lord Jesus just didn't transfigure on the mountain top to show off his glory, no, but to confirm the fulfilling of the Law and the prophets. "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh", Romans 8:3. "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come He that hath ears to hear, let him hear". Matthew 11:12-15. the restoring of the TRUE worship of God in Spirit and in Truth for the law was a schoolmaster, But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus".

a CHANGE in MEDIATOR, a NEW CONTRACT is MADE.

PICYJAG

Old 08-18-2018, 07:38 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,732,493 times
Quote:
Ha! Not quite little elmer but those are good thoughts. Here is what they spoke about:

Luk 9:28-31 Now it occurred about eight days after these sayings, taking along Peter and John and
James also, that He ascended into the mountain to pray." (29) And it occurred, in His praying, to
the perception His face became different, and His vesture glittering white." (30) And lo! two men
conferred with Him, who were Moses and Elijah, (31) who, being seen in the glory, spoke of His
exodus, which He was about to be completing in Jerusalem
."

Just as Moses experienced the exodus out of slavery in Egypt, Jesus was about to experience an exodus out of death into the promised land of God's rest.

Some versions say they spoke of His death or His decease or His outgoing or His departure but the Greek word "exodus" is used here and it is pretty apparent when used with Moses that that is the word that should be used to describe what Christ was about to experience since Moses experienced an exodus. Now why Elijah is seen in the vision with Moses I'm not sure unless both Moses and Elijah were both prophets who had mighty miracles and so were types of Christ? Or it could be that both Moses and Elijah were ill treated by their own people just as Christ was?
well I have my own theory about this part..
with what you say I can see that happening also..

ok so one version says it like this..

Luk 9:28

¶
About eight days after this conversation, he took along Peter, John, and James and went up on the mountain to pray.

Luk 9:29

As he was praying, the appearance of his face changed, and his clothes became dazzling white.

Luk 9:30

Suddenly, two men were talking with him — Moses and Elijah.

Luk 9:31

They appeared in glory and were speaking of his departure, which he was about to accomplish in Jerusalem.

Luk 9:32

¶
Peter and those with him were in a deep sleep,[fn] and when they became fully awake, they saw his glory and the two men who were standing with him.

Luk 9:33

As the two men were departing from him, Peter said to Jesus, “Master, it’s good for us to be here. Let us set up three shelters: one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah” — not knowing what he was saying.

Luk 9:34

¶
While he was saying this, a cloud appeared and overshadowed them. They became afraid as they entered the cloud.

Luk 9:35

Then a voice came from the cloud, saying: “This is my Son, the Chosen One;[fn] listen to him! ”

Luk 9:36

¶
After the voice had spoken, Jesus was found alone. They kept silent, and at that time told no one what they had seen.

so my question to the Lord ii/was at that time "How does God die" ? I mean how do you kill the tree of life? the author of the breath of life?

and we all know that God can not die. and we all know for sure that the Father had to turn his back to him as he became sin for us..
.. thus possibly maybe the Father remove the right arm from him there then. and why he had been sweating blood just before this .
so if the Right Arm of the Father is being removed and maybe being assisted by the two prophets .. when in the CLOUD ( sound familiar) the voice of God is heard saying " that is my son" . listen to his words" does it sound oddly familiar ? think Sinai.. .
then the Father's Right spiritual arm and authority over life and creation is then removed from the Son..
and so then you have to ask can the Son of man die then ?
I mean how do you kill the tree of lifeand the Father's arm ?
that Arm is the part of the Father.. can any part of Father go into hell with the son? I believe the resurrection would have taken place at that moment if the Fathers right arm entered into death at that moment of jesu death ... hell would have broke loose.. with the son at the moment of his death.. He could NOT stay there 3 days like Jonah( to fulfill that prophesy) with the Father's right arm of authroity still in him..

the three days might be thus proving he was fully man at his death.

so I think that the prophets were there to assist the removal of the Right Arm/ creator spirit/ Lawgiver / God's right arm .. and all his authority over death was taken as the son gave up his authority over his own life, thus " he laid it down".. ... that part of the Father that is the very creator of life... they took it from out of the son and returned it to the Father ..
But that is just my opinion..
and it i smy oppinion that the son died fully and only a man.

then I can not guess how it happened at the other end three days later.. .. how the right arm was returned to him in death.. but as I haver pointed out.. when The right arms return to himprobably at his calling.. .. raises him from the dead and the return of it emptied all of paradise/Abrahams bosom of all righteous ancients who were living/ Of life but were trapped in the entity we call "death" created at the fall. ..
a man of sorrow and grief ,
righteous? yes. purified ? yes..
a pure heart, yes.
a son of a righteous king ? yes.
but I believe he was just a man at his death..
But that is just my theory.. and what I understanding of him/ them >
as best I can put it together ... as he tries to answer my goofy questions . but that the answers can get way way above my pay grade and ability to fully comprehend the full implications of such doings.... but my theory/theology for now stands something like that ..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 08-18-2018 at 08:32 AM..

Old 08-18-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
so my question to the Lord is How does God die?
Slow in heart, John 5:26 "For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself",

what did he give him? "BLOOD", supportive scripture, Leviticus 17:14a "For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof". that's not hard to understand.

Quote:
and we all know that God can not die.
ERROR, ERROR, 1 John 3:16 "Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren".

WHAT LIFE DID HE LAY DOWN? SEE ABOVE ANSWER, Leviticus 17:14a "For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof".

so it was the Son, the offspring of God, the Arm of God that Gave his LIFE... the BLOOD.

supportive scripture, John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

and the LIFE of the FLESH is what? ... BLOOD. and is not the Word God per John 1:1. case closed. how simple.

PICYJAG.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:03 AM

how come I knew you would do that..
Got to love ya brother..
and no I can't say I am right . But I am sure your not either.. as you have clearly missing peices..
let's just keep learning..

Old 08-18-2018, 08:13 AM

Quote:
how come I knew you would do that..
Got to love ya brother..
and no I can't say I am right . But I am sure your not either.. as you have clearly missing peices..
let's just keep learning..
you don't believe the scriptures? .......

PICYJAG

PS learn the scriptures. now as you knowing I would say that. Light cast out darkness.

if you still don't believe, prove me wrong....

Old 08-18-2018, 08:24 AM

please don't hijack the mans thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity