Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 04:44 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times

Advertisements

Lord Jesus cross sacrifice represents the lamb that they sacrificed on the altar of burnt offering .... and also Jesus anointing represents the tabernacle or Temple , and all the tables and working in the Temple represents the shadow of Lord Jesus Christ, ..like the Ark of the Testimony is a shadow of the presence of the Lord ,,,table of shew-bread represents perfect humble unity in the sight of God ,,,, pure candle stick represents eternal light of Christ,,,table of incenses represents intersession to the Lord ,,,,altar of burn offering represents sacrifices of the blood of Jesus ,,,lever bowl represents cleansing feet and hands for purification for the walk before the Lord .,,,and even the outer court walls skins represent redemption ...... See Lord Jesus is more of the peace offering of the lamb of God and the whole Temple itself, than the priest inside the Temple ..... But there are some times in the Word of God were Jesus is to sit on the right hand of the Father , which is similar to the priest in the Temple who would go behind the inner court were the Ark of the Testimony is a would stand of the right side of the Ark were the Presence of the Lord would be found .......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 05:39 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princely View Post
You did mention the book of Hebrews that many ascribe to Paul.
I do hold this view, but I did not mention this in this discussion for this particular reason. The reason is because it is the subsistence of the letter, not the authorship, that is important. The book of Hebrews is bulletproof.

Quote:
It's been 2000 years and still Christians are not in His image.

Time for a change.
Amen! Christians in America by and large are in a massive state of Apostasy. We all need to raise the bar in our personal walk to walk in the Spirit that conforms us to the image of the Lord Son Jesus Christ.

Quote:
I guess you do not believe the scripture about the people being the anointed or Israel being the son of God, His first born.

Psalm 28:8 "The Lord is the strength of His people, the saving refuge of His anointed."

"I have given them the glory you gave me so they will be One as we are One. I in them, and you in me, so they will be brought to perfection as One."

As you can see there is One who is anointed.

My son, if you receive my words and treasure my commands,
Turning your ear to wisdom, inclining your heart to understanding;
Yes, if you call to intelligence, and to understanding raise your voice;
If you seek her like silver, and like hidden treasures search her out:
Then you will understand the fear of the Lord; the knowledge of God you will find;

For the Lord gives wisdom, from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;
He gives treasures in wisdom to the upright, he is the shield of those who walk honestly.
Beautiful passages once again. I believe it. The word for 'annointed' in Psalm 28:8 is mashiyach [Strong's H4899]. This is not talking about "believers". It is talking about THE Messiah - Jesus.

Princely the point of this post is to specifically point out a very important concept. You can do so from the Old Covenant without even using the book of Hebrews.

Psalm 110

1The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

2The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

3Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

4The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

Messiah's Priesthood is after the Order of Melchizedek - not Aaron. This in itself proves that the Mosaic Law has been disannuled. Messiah could not be High Priest under the Mosaic Law. The Priests only came from the Tribe of Levi after the Order of Aaron.

The Lord Messiah Jesus has Fulfilled the Law.

Matthew 5:17-18

17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Jeremiah 31:31
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

The very mention of a New Covenant suggests the Old Covenant has been superceded. The Messiah has come, has fulfilled the Law (or else he couldn't be High Priest after the Order of Melchizedek), and has established the New Covenant along with His Law.

Some concepts people should chew on and pray about.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:50 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Lord Jesus cross sacrifice represents the lamb that they sacrificed on the altar of burnt offering .... and also Jesus anointing represents the tabernacle or Temple , and all the tables and working in the Temple represents the shadow of Lord Jesus Christ, ..like the Ark of the Testimony is a shadow of the presence of the Lord ,,,table of shew-bread represents perfect humble unity in the sight of God ,,,, pure candle stick represents eternal light of Christ,,,table of incenses represents intersession to the Lord ,,,,altar of burn offering represents sacrifices of the blood of Jesus ,,,lever bowl represents cleansing feet and hands for purification for the walk before the Lord .,,,and even the outer court walls skins represent redemption ...... See Lord Jesus is more of the peace offering of the lamb of God and the whole Temple itself, than the priest inside the Temple ..... But there are some times in the Word of God were Jesus is to sit on the right hand of the Father , which is similar to the priest in the Temple who would go behind the inner court were the Ark of the Testimony is a would stand of the right side of the Ark were the Presence of the Lord would be found .......
Great post! Thank you for sharing! It is awesome to see how this all points to Christ.

Only the High Priest could enter the Holy of Holies once a year on Yom Kippur for atonement under the Mosaic Law. The High Priest was required to be of the Tribe of Levi under the Mosaic Law. Jesus is from the Tribe of Judah.

I am beating this concept because it is an important one to understand.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:02 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Those who perceive Christianity as a religion based on blood sacrifice are as backward as some ancient central american blood drinkers who cut the hearts out of humans for religious sport.

Christianity began AFTER the birth of Jesus....and ended just prior to his death...what came right after that was state spun religion.

Those who concentrate on his execution or some virgin birth are all encased in common idol worship.... The entanglement that exists regarding the Old Testament and Jesus - is an attempt to fuse Mosaic law with the teachings of CHRIST..Jesus...broke from the past and useless tradition...he lived in the hear and now....and was not interested in being some high priest or entering "the holy of holies"....Why would God or the son of God tinker about with priesthood or ancient ritual that he saw as inferior thinking?

Old 04-22-2012, 07:48 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,933,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
"For The Priesthood Being Changed 0f Necessity
There Is Also A Change 0f The Law." - Heb.7:12
~ The Priesthood was also changed
so all God's people could be His Priests. - 1 Peter 2

Not just one Tribe.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:29 AM

3,066 posts, read 3,723,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
You do realize Mary was a cousin to Elisabeth, don't you?

The point? Elisabeth was a 'daughter of Aaron' meaning Mary, on her mother's side, was also of the lineage of Levi so Messiah WAS both; of the tribe of Levi and of the tribe of Judah.
RESPONSE:

Lineage passed only through the male member, never the female. But your point does show that, if the product of a virgin birth, the claim that Jesus was of the seed of David (and Solomon) isn't true.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
The Greek word is 'syngenis' meaning Relative. Islam's position is that Mary was from the Tribe of Levi using the position that she was Elizabeth's 'Cousin'.

Luke 1:30
And the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.” 34 And Mary said to the angel, “How will this be, since I am a virgin?

Mary didn't say how this could be that he would be of his Father David.

Both Mary and Joseph were of the Tribe of Judah. Mary was a descendant from Nathan, Son of David. (Luke 3)

As for Joseph

Luke 1
27To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
RESPONSE:

Lineage or genealogy (or seed) passed only through the father. If Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he was not of the seed or loins of David via Solomon.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:25 PM

461 posts, read 480,760 times
Quote:
Beautiful passages once again. I believe it. The word for 'annointed' in Psalm 28:8 is mashiyach [Strong's H4899]. This is not talking about "believers". It is talking about THE Messiah - Jesus.
There should be no difference between a believer and the Messiah, they are One. Obviously Christians are not believers.

Quote:
The Lord Messiah Jesus has Fulfilled the Law.

Matthew 5:17-18

17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Jesus sent His followers into the world as he was sent, but only until now has anyone done it.The son of man is back. The mission is continuing, so it is not done. The law continues until it is all fulfilled as you posted from scripture.

Quote:
Jeremiah 31:31
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

The very mention of a New Covenant suggests the Old Covenant has been superceded. The Messiah has come, has fulfilled the Law (or else he couldn't be High Priest after the Order of Melchizedek), and has established the New Covenant along with His Law.
I do not disagree there is a new covenant but that the Messiah is Jesus alone. A true believer is One in the Lord and Messiah. Once people get it Jesus will come back.

I am the Light of the world, no one who believes in me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life. JN 8:12

Old 04-22-2012, 02:27 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,933,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
RESPONSE:

Lineage or genealogy (or seed) passed only through the father. If Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he was not of the seed or loins of David via Solomon.

- "I will put enmity between
your (satan's) seed and HER SEED
He shall bruise your head
and you shall bruise His heel." - Gen.3:15

Old 04-22-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
- "I will put enmity between
your (satan's) seed and HER SEED
He shall bruise your head
and you shall bruise His heel." - Gen.3:15
RESPONSE:

Gen 3:15
"I will put enmity between you and the woman,and between your offspring and hers;
They will strike at your head,while you strike at their heel." (NABRE)

Footnote:[3:15] They will strike…at their heel: the antecedent for “they” and “their” is the collective noun “offspring,” i.e., all the descendants of the woman.

"Seed" may be translated seed (or sperm in the case of a man). Or it may refer collectively to all the offspring of a person or a people who descended from a person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity