Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 06:05 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,638,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princely View Post
I do what the Lord has commanded me and I keep His words. The 613 commandments come from the people who call themselves Jews but are impostors.

The reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth.
So what is your standard? God works in absolutes - hence the Law. There is no middle ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 07:53 AM

461 posts, read 480,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
So what is your standard? God works in absolutes - hence the Law. There is no middle ground.
I told you but you didn't see it.The standard is the law and the prophets. What did Jesus say He came to do?To spread the truth as all prophets do.Who did Jesus say people would see in the Kingdom of God but others left out."And there will be wailing and grinding of teeth when you see Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God and you yourselves cast out." That is why He said "As the Father sent me, that is how I send you."

When the lion roars who will not fear it,when the Lord God speaks who will not prophecy."

Old 04-24-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
I told you but you didn't see it.The standard is the law and the prophets. What did Jesus say He came to do?To spread the truth as all prophets do.Who did Jesus say people would see in the Kingdom of God but others left out."And there will be wailing and grinding of teeth when you see Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God and you yourselves cast out." That is why He said "As the Father sent me, that is how I send you."

When the lion roars who will not fear it,when the Lord God speaks who will not prophecy."
Friend you didn't really tell me. You say the Law, but to you what is the "Law"? The 10 Commandments? The Sermon on the Mount? Do you feel we are to keep all the "appointed times"? etc.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:30 PM

461 posts, read 480,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Friend you didn't really tell me. You say the Law, but to you what is the "Law"? The 10 Commandments? The Sermon on the Mount? Do you feel we are to keep all the "appointed times"? etc.
I told you but you cannot hear it. I'm sure you have read this but I will post it again. The meaning is not as man thinks but as God thinks.This pretty much tells it all. All the prophets observe what is right. There is a reason that God hides His secrets. So people will earn it.That is why there is the saying;" Ask and you will receive, seek and you will find,knock and the door will open." Remember it is hard just to find the narrow gate, to walk on the path is even harder. "Any one who is not willing to pick up there cross and follow after me is not worthy of me".(Matt 10:38)

Micah 6:8 You've been told, mankind, what is good and what the Lord requires of you; only to do what is right love goodness and walk humbly with your God.

There is a reason that God hides His secrets. So people will earn it.That is why there is the saying;" Ask and you will receive, seek and you will find,knock and the door will open." Remember it is hard just to find the narrow gate, to walk on the path is even harder. "Any one who is not willing to pick up there cross and follow after me is not worthy of me".(Matt 10:38)

Whoever picks up the words and uses them, picks up the cross and whoever picks up the cross walks the narrow road. Whoever walks the narrow road enters the narrow gate and will receive eternal life.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
I told you but you cannot hear it. I'm sure you have read this but I will post it again. The meaning is not as man thinks but as God thinks.This pretty much tells it all. All the prophets observe what is right. There is a reason that God hides His secrets. So people will earn it.That is why there is the saying;" Ask and you will receive, seek and you will find,knock and the door will open." Remember it is hard just to find the narrow gate, to walk on the path is even harder. "Any one who is not willing to pick up there cross and follow after me is not worthy of me".(Matt 10:38)

Micah 6:8 You've been told, mankind, what is good and what the Lord requires of you; only to do what is right love goodness and walk humbly with your God.

There is a reason that God hides His secrets. So people will earn it.That is why there is the saying;" Ask and you will receive, seek and you will find,knock and the door will open." Remember it is hard just to find the narrow gate, to walk on the path is even harder. "Any one who is not willing to pick up there cross and follow after me is not worthy of me".(Matt 10:38)

Whoever picks up the words and uses them, picks up the cross and whoever picks up the cross walks the narrow road. Whoever walks the narrow road enters the narrow gate and will receive eternal life.
So if the Law is still in effect, how can Jesus be High Priest if he is not from the Tribe of Levi?

A common theme throughout all of Scripture is that mankind's Pride is a stench in God's nostrils. Pride shows up in many ways. I find most that have added their righteousness to their Justification have a form of Spiritual Pride. I don't think God views this any different.

So I think the Narrow path and the Gate is simply Jesus Christ.

John 14:6

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 10

9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

While I know you don't accept Paul's writings, he makes it clear that mankind attempting to Justify themselves before God on the basis of the Law is destined to fail because it demands absolute perfection. Therefore Justification only comes by faith in Messiah who did fulfill the Torah in absolute perfection. To add Man's steps tends to lead to Pride which in itself is Evil. It tends to focus on Self as opposed to others which is Evil.

Bottom line is mankind is generally Evil. Therefore Justification is by faith.

Things have changed. Haven't seen animal sacrifices in quite some time. The Levitical Priesthood has expired. The Levitical Priesthood is tied to the Mosaic Law - the Sinaitic Covenant.

I am aware that the TORH specifically points to the path of YHWH. I think it is beautiful. I don't think it is the means for Justification before a Holy God because I think if we are honest with ourselves that path is on a very slippery slope with a lot of construction zones. The Lord Jesus walked the path. He is our Savior.

I find it interesting that Messianics don't accept Paul when Peter authenticates him and Paul learned the Gospel of Grace from him, James, and the other early church fathers. Refer to Acts 15.

Oh well the point of this thread is to demonstrate how the Mosaic Law has been both fulfilled and superceded as evidenced by the superior Priesthood of Messiah.

Jesus could not be High Priest if the Law was still in operation or he would be a transgressor. Since we know that is not the case, than it has been put away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity