Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 12:42 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,808,813 times

Advertisements

Tell me.

"They" are there on your doorstep. "They" will crucify you if you do not comply.

Nailed to a cross, nails in your hands and feet. There on your front lawn, an example to all who resist.

So really.... what would you do? Comply? Or die under extreme excruciating pain?

Be honest, you modern Americans who are soft, what would you do when actually faced with what the early Christians faced. Is your faith so strong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 01:04 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,473,808 times
Chuck, i would love to say that i would die like they did. But i am unsure of what i would do. would i let my carnal man take over and fear, or look at my kids and decide i dont want to die? Not really sure. It is one of those things that must happen, along with what leads to that event. Only God can give me the strength to go with it. he is in control.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:15 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,808,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
Chuck, i would love to say that i would die like they did. But i am unsure of what i would do. would i let my carnal man take over and fear, or look at my kids and decide i dont want to die? Not really sure. It is one of those things that must happen, along with what leads to that event. Only God can give me the strength to go with it. he is in control.
Thanks for your honesty. It is a real tough decision, and I have concluded that I personally would more likely fail.

That's why I asked.

PS even in the good old days of faith, there were those who chose life over martyrdom.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:18 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,394,614 times
I have to believe any true Christian desires to be as bold as Peter and say "Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you." -- when we are not in a perilous situation.

But like Torpedos stated, until one is in that sort of situation, one cannot truly say for certain what they would do.

My hope and prayers are that, at that point in time God would increase my faith to such a degree that I would boldly proclaim His name and die a martyr in the faith.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:19 PM

593 posts, read 893,198 times
In time it will realistically be a question of beheading (your entire family) as Islam proliferates the world headed up by the antichrist and the deciding to profess God or receive the mark of the beast to receive food and supplies for survival. Most will have been caught up with Jesus by this phase believed to be earmarked for Tribulation. If I were "left behind" (apparently those unbelievers including non messanic Jews and gentiles) I would have to examine how far along I have come as a newbee believer, traumatically converted by realizing I screwed up on God. I would be fearful and tormented by the aweful thought of being beheaded by extermeists, who follow the antichrist now claiming to be their Allah. I don't know what I'd do except perhaps blow a hole through my door with an AK47? I guess fight the little dingbats? If you loose your head the worse thing would be your Cindy Crawford facial remedies will be a moot point and eternal bliss with God the best thing.
The latest senario by modern prophets is that the middle east will financially collapse precipitating the expulsion of all christians partially blamed for the down fall. The christ-
ians then head for the US and other non Islamic nations giving our economy a positive bleep including housing. Then 150-180 million muslims struggling to survive will head
for the US and South America. The shift in Islamic population eventually impacts our government,education and law . As Islam dominates the US all christians will be expelled from the country finding their only refuage in (you guessed it) Israel forcing the regaining of the prophecied land to Israel, Enjoy!

Das

Last edited by DASULAR17; 04-27-2012 at 02:34 PM..

Old 04-27-2012, 02:29 PM

11,961 posts, read 3,780,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
I have to believe any true Christian desires to be as bold as Peter and say "Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you." -- when we are not in a perilous situation.

But like Torpedos stated, until one is in that sort of situation, one cannot truly say for certain what they would do.

My hope and prayers are that, at that point in time God would increase my faith to such a degree that I would boldly proclaim His name and die a martyr in the faith.
Peter said I will not disown you but the reality is that he denied Jesus three times
Mat 26:33 Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended.
Mat 26:34 Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the **** crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
Mat 26:35 Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples.

Mat 26:69 Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee.
Mat 26:70 But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest.
Mat 26:71 And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth.
Mat 26:72 And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man.
Mat 26:73 And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth thee.
Mat 26:74 Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the **** crew.
Mat 26:75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the **** crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:36 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,394,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Peter said I will not disown you but the reality is that he denied Jesus three times

Yes, Peter denied Jesus. Did my post say that he did not?

This is what I said:

When Peter made his bold statement to Jesus that he would never deny him, he was not in any sort of danger.

I think we can all relate to Peter here.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:15 AM

9,703 posts, read 10,072,863 times
Like the Revelations 9: 16-21..... were 200,000,000 horse men from the four angel from Iraq Euphrates River , which is a spiritual river in the earth would go out a kill one third part of all the men in the earth ..... So if you did witness this in the earth which did not come to your home town ... The Word of God said the rest did not repent of sins and continued to sin ..... Would you Repent of sin then? ... Or would you wait for the judgment of the mark of the beast and his name and number to repent ?.....

Old 04-29-2012, 08:30 AM

1,196 posts, read 758,563 times
I understand what you’re saying, and the only answer I can give for myself is. Only if Jehovah ‘s HS, will I have the strength to handle what’s coming upon me. As an imperfect human, no matter how brave we WANT to believe we are, we’re not! Just curious, you said…”you modern Americans” ,just wanted to know what country you are from. Also that’s not really a nice thing to do ,pin-point a certain country. Any human, any where, including you…”be Honest”…can be soft. It has nothing to do with where one lives.

A true story that was documented, our elder read it to the congregation. it was decades ago, concerning servants of Jehovah. Their government wanted them to stop their study, or teachings, So instead they met at their homes. Some how the big boys found out, their homes were raided, the people scattered. Their was a woman with her baby stopped on a bridge, (I’m assuming a short or small one). The officer took her baby out of her arms. Threatening that if she don’t, (I think it was), denounce Jehovah, her baby goes over. She wouldn’t, so he drop the baby over the bridge.

The book read that there was another servant of Jehovah, under the bridge ,(I guess hiding), but he over heard. It was said he caught the baby. I can’t remember what else was said after that. First because it was about 10 years ago when it was told. Also I was so
Emotional from that story, I didn’t hear anything afterwards. The point I’m making, only Jehovah God’s HS can make a person strong enough to handle anything. And if he chooses, he can award one for it. After all, he did Job. peace

Old 04-29-2012, 10:47 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,261,131 times
Things can be interesting for those who insist upon wearing tzitzit, our wedding ring on our right pointer-finger, or other religious elements. Some years ago, because of certain activity in my town, such were told that we should recognize that wearing certain things can be dangerous. My decision at that time, and until now, was to not bow to those who could possibly endanger me. My G-d has numbered my days; no one can change that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity