Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 09:00 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,007,450 times

Advertisements

I am thankful that God knocks me upside the head sometimes to get my attention! Sometimes I find I want to do things MY way, but He has shown me time and again that HIS way is better for me. I am thankful that He is patient with me and loves me anyway. I am also thankful that when I am feeling over burdened, I can give it to Him and He will give me comfort in exchange.

I am thankful for the wonderful family He has given me. I am truly blessed in the family area of my life.

I am also thankful for the many friends I have made on CD and that encouragement and love is no further than a click away! Many of you have been here time and again for me...Thank you all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 09:16 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,038 times
Thankful for the Blood of Jesus, Thankful for all things, and especially for being able to dwell in freedom to worship Christ thus far.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:24 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,198,393 times
I'm thankful for more than I can possibly list here...my wife--always there, my children--they've taught me more than I could ever have imagined, my parents--for there unwaivering faithfulness and godly example, my sister, my extended family, especially my Grandma--she is my heart...my friends, both in real life and on CD. My God in Heaven--Giver of Life and Light...my Lord Jesus who has redeemed me...Did I just win an Emmy?

My freedom to post my thankfulness...and so much more.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:53 AM

1,439 posts, read 3,883,412 times
I am thankful for many things but at the most easy level,
Ia m thankful for:
Love
Grace
Forgiveness
The ability to see
The ability to hear
The ability to feel
For my miracle child, for my loving husband
For my amazing parents, brothers/sils, and my in-law family
For friends
And the gifts God gave me to share with those I meet
FOr the gifts God gave those I meet to share with me
AND FINALLY this thread for I needed a positive one.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:26 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,265,341 times
Smile Thankful...

Many things but the things that come to mind are my wonderful husband and friends!

Old 09-20-2007, 10:39 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,797,636 times
Default God even overcomes Dave's stupidity.......

*Thankful for my menopausal wife ... who hasn't killed me yet, even though I deserve it.
* Thankful for my wife not whittling wooden stakes at night, while I sleep
*Thankful for not electrocuting myself ... you know, playing with the butterknife and the wall outlet when I was 3.
* Thankful for that time I tried to push over a dead tree with my tractor, and nearly killed me.
* Thankful not all snakes are poisonous
* Thankful my kids were only brats until they were 18... or is it 20?
* Thankful for them not beating me up
* Thankful for my cats... who still like me
* Thankful for my dog, who the cats beat up
* Thankful for Oysters
* Thankful for my central air
* Thanful for my new central air system
* Thankful for my new central air that got hit by lightning last week
* Thankful for my new central air that got hit by lightning last week and the insurance company is gonna pay for
(no check yet)
*Thankyou God for never giving up on me!!

Old 09-20-2007, 10:42 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,265,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
*Thankful for my menopausal wife ... who hasn't killed me yet, even though I deserve it.
* Thankful for my wife not whittling wooden stakes at night, while I sleep
*Thankful for not electrocuting myself ... you know, playing with the butterknife and the wall outlet when I was 3.
* Thankful for that time I tried to push over a dead tree with my tractor, and nearly killed me.
* Thankful not all snakes are poisonous
* Thankful my kids were only brats until they were 18... or is it 20?
* Thankful for them not beating me up
* Thankful for my cats... who still like me
* Thankful for my dog, who the cats beat up
* Thankful for Oysters
* Thankful for my central air
* Thanful for my new central air system
* Thankful for my new central air that got hit by lightning last week
* Thankful for my new central air that got hit by lightning last week and the insurance company is gonna pay for
(no check yet)
*Thankyou God for never giving up on me!!
Thankful that kawg wasn't standing by your new central A/C unit when it got hit by lightening! (refer to something upbeat thread a couple of weeks ago for further clarification!)

Old 09-20-2007, 10:46 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,007,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Thankful that kawg wasn't standing by your new central A/C unit when it got hit by lightening! (refer to something upbeat thread a couple of weeks ago for further clarification!)
You're too funny Kaykay!

I'm also thankful that I was never struck by lightning all those times I used to sit out in my LAWN CHAIR and watched God's beautiful show!

Old 09-20-2007, 10:49 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,743,040 times
Im thankful for my family
for life
for my toes that wiggle when i want them too
heat
air
that the water works when i turn it on
that my truck started this morning
that the roof didnt leak last week
that the cat DIDNT kill the hamster
that the fridge was just in defrost mode
that i have a job
that im not in the hospital
that in 9 minutes ill have food to eat
that in 8.57 seconds
um 8.54..well you get the idea

Old 09-20-2007, 10:50 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,099,798 times
I'm thankful that I have God and Jesus in my life. They have answered all my prayers (when the timing was right and if it was right for me). I might of been a little impatient from time to time but I never lost faith, never and the reward was so sweet!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity