Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 10:08 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,204,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

We should make sure we are worshiping the God Jesus Christ that made man in His image not the God we've made in our image. He's revealed himself to us in his Word and his person. We don't know who Jesus is unless we know what he said.

John 5:39
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

This is a direct command from the Lord himself.

There is opinion and then there is truth. My truth means nothing and neither does yours from God's perspective. In the end, there is only one absolute truth.

Psalm 12:6-7

6 The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

7 Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

The reason why you do not clearly see this as heresy is because Catholics aren't encouraged to know the Scriptures. The Vatican has set up "another Jesus" - one that is not the true Jesus revealed in Scripture.

2 Corinthians 11:4

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Born into a Catholic family. Baptized at birth. Received "first communion. Confirmed. I was even an altar boy. I know ALL about this dangerous religion which leads people AWAY from the true Jesus Christ.

I have many Catholic family members to this day I KNOW are not Saved. These are people that I love dearly, but are nearly IMPOSSIBLE to reach due to their indoctrination.

The "Proud Catholic" could indeed be their downfall.

Matthew 15:14

Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

I heard recently on EWTN from a sermon of one of their "fathers" about how "Mary" is going to have a central role in the second coming of Jesus Christ. The Scriptures have an awful lot to say about the second coming. Not one mention of his earthly mother having any role. The reason why is because she will be used to present the "other Jesus".

Matthew 7

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the age?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

If they say Christ is in the desert or secret chambers do not believe it.

The "instead of"/false Christ comes first.

2 Thessalonians 2

1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

That day is referring to the "Day of Chirst" - when he appears in the clouds to set up his Kingdom.

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

You will not find one mention of Mary at all in the Scriptures referring to his second coming. You will find Isis however (who is the Catholic Mother Mary) in the role of gathering all Religions into one to give birth to her "resurrected" dead husband - resembled as the Sun.

Revelation 17:4-6

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

To learn more about "Mystery Babylon".

William Cooper - Mystery Babylon Hour 1 - The Dawn of Man (Full Length) - YouTube
That's nice. But you can pluck random verses out of scripture to justify anything, like some pint-sized David Koresh. And, to be perfectly honest with you, your knowledge of God is no better than any other conscientious Christian, even those who might believe differently than you. I think you're going to be very surprised when you get to heaven and discover all kinds of people there whom you thought wouldn't make it.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:38 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,255,006 times
My final post in this thread and my final time in it. This matters to me, even when it does not matter to others.

There's an awful lot of vitriol in here. Sad.

I do want to make one thing clear that I don't believe has been broached since it was brought up here. Non-Catholics do not "hate" Mary; she is simply not seen in the same light as R Catholics see her.

Nothing morre needs to be written by me.

Thank you!

Old 06-01-2012, 10:54 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,714,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
My final post in this thread and my final time in it. This matters to me, even when it does not matter to others.

There's an awful lot of vitriol in here. Sad.

I do want to make one thing clear that I don't believe has been broached since it was brought up here. Non-Catholics do not "hate" Mary; she is simply not seen in the same light as R Catholics see her.

Nothing morre needs to be written by me.

Thank you!
Yeah, well bigoted, ignorant and vile posts by those of the ilk of "Mikelee81" will not be ignored by me.
He is an unabashed anti-Catholic bigot, yet he gets away with his ludicrous pronouncements!

Old 06-01-2012, 11:06 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,643,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
That's nice. But you can pluck random verses out of scripture to justify anything, like some pint-sized David Koresh. And, to be perfectly honest with you, your knowledge of God is no better than any other conscientious Christian, even those who might believe differently than you. I think you're going to be very surprised when you get to heaven and discover all kinds of people there whom you thought wouldn't make it.
We are to use the "Whole Council of God".

Isaiah 28:9-16

9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

13 But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

See the danger of taking verses out of context - which all Cults do and which the Vatican has done - is the followers "falling backward", "be broken", "snared", and "taken" because they have established doctrine over one-verse theology. Peter as the first Pope and Mary as Co-Redemptrix are examples of this.

Another sign of a Cult, is that they believe they alone have the Keys to heaven with appointed "professionals" to tell the laity what the Scriptures say. This is what the Vatican does with their "Vicar", bishops, "Fathers", etc. They do not want you to study the Scriptures because it exposes them and their multibillion dollar industry. So they'll tell you what it says.

I know this because I WAS RAISED CATHOLIC! I learned NOTHING about the Scriptures in Sunday School except a bunch of Catholic indoctrination. We did not go line by line through the Scriptures which Jesus himself proclaims is the "Word of God".

I did learn a lot about religious rituals. Instead of repenting of Sin to the Father directly through Jesus Christ, I went to a Priest. After I tell him some made up sins and not the real ones because it was embarrassing, he would send me out to do penance (not repentance which the Scriptures talk about.) Many times the penance was repeating a bunch of Hail Mary's.

So I'd go through the spiritually bankrupt religious rituals to make my mom happy and get it over with.

It's a bunch of foolish pagan practices masquerading as Christian. This is why Jesus Christ himself rebukes the concept of repeating the same mundane prayer over and over again. The Lord says he isn't even listening to those that are saying their Hail Mary's.

He says specifically not to do it. It's because it is not the Mary the Scriptures talk about.

God wants our Heart. Not our Religion.

Praise the Lord that I can read his Word without having someone twist and distort it to indoctrinate me into their belief.

Last edited by Mikelee81; 06-01-2012 at 11:20 AM..

Old 06-01-2012, 11:11 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,643,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet67 View Post
Yeah, well bigoted, ignorant and vile posts by those of the ilk of "Mikelee81" will not be ignored by me.
He is an unabashed anti-Catholic bigot, yet he gets away with his ludicrous pronouncements!
No I love Catholics the individuals, but I am exposing the dangerous Religion called Catholicism deceiving these Catholics.

And resorting to personal derogatory insults is not Christian behavior.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:29 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,937,079 times
When at another forum today there was a news item there about the Court in Jerusalem and that burial box or ossuray found years ago.

With the inscription on it "James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus".

So I remembered this topic.

As they thought enough to enscribe that James was the brother of Jesus?
But, neither did they consider Jesus & James' mother important enough to give her name a placement on it with them.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:05 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,204,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
We are to use the "Whole Council of God".

Isaiah 28:9-16

9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

13 But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

See the danger of taking verses out of context - which all Cults do and which the Vatican has done - is the followers "falling backward", "be broken", "snared", and "taken" because they have established doctrine over one-verse theology. Peter as the first Pope and Mary as Co-Redemptrix are examples of this.

Another sign of a Cult, is that they believe they alone have the Keys to heaven with appointed "professionals" to tell the laity what the Scriptures say. This is what the Vatican does with their "Vicar", bishops, "Fathers", etc. They do not want you to study the Scriptures because it exposes them and their multibillion dollar industry. So they'll tell you what it says.

I know this because I WAS RAISED CATHOLIC! I learned NOTHING about the Scriptures in Sunday School except a bunch of Catholic indoctrination. We did not go line by line through the Scriptures which Jesus himself proclaims is the "Word of God".

I did learn a lot about religious rituals. Instead of repenting of Sin to the Father directly through Jesus Christ, I went to a Priest. After I tell him some made up sins and not the real ones because it was embarrassing, he would send me out to do penance (not repentance which the Scriptures talk about.) Many times the penance was repeating a bunch of Hail Mary's.

So I'd go through the spiritually bankrupt religious rituals to make my mom happy and get it over with.

It's a bunch of foolish pagan practices masquerading as Christian. This is why Jesus Christ himself rebukes the concept of repeating the same mundane prayer over and over again. The Lord says he isn't even listening to those that are saying their Hail Mary's.

He says specifically not to do it. It's because it is not the Mary the Scriptures talk about.

God wants our Heart. Not our Religion.

Praise the Lord that I can read his Word without having someone twist and distort it to indoctrinate me into their belief.
So God speaks to you and not me? God only whispers His divine revelations to you and you alone? How come you don't have a broadcasting channel yet? Why not elbow aside Mother Angelica and the EWTN so we can hear the undiluted Word that only you could possibly know? Even better, let's scribble out a book of Michael and put it in after Revelations.

And that's kind of the problem. There are a zillion guys like you out there who pick and choose random passages from Isaiah or Ruth or Philemon, offering them up as absolute proof of how you're right and everybody else is wrong -- when the only thing it evidences is a kind of pride. As Paul warns us in Corinthians, "Yes, we know that 'We all have knowledge' about this issue. But while knowledge puffs us up, it is love that strengthens the church."

Perhaps you should take Paul to heart and humbly submit one's point of view in loving discussion rather than to succumb to the seductive ways of "I am right and you are wrong." It really does no good, only creating discord instead. I cannot imagine a less constructive way to discuss our faith.

Last edited by cpg35223; 06-01-2012 at 02:14 PM..

Old 06-01-2012, 03:22 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,532,787 times
I view her as amazing! She had to have been THE most humble, clean, patient, kind and guileless (though not perfect) female on the planet, probably ever, or God would not have chosen her time in history and her, the person to deliver "God come in the flesh."

Old 06-01-2012, 03:38 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,301,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
If these Protestants that hate Virgin Mary go to mass regularly they will see that the mass is all about Jesus. But, these folks do not go to mass and simply regurgitate the phrases they heard in Sunday Protestant school where they taught anti-catholicism as a preaching tool to recruit converts.
i havent been to mass in years but i went every week till i was twenty one , never once were protestants mentioned let alone denigrated , certain protestants denominations appear to spend more time hating on catholics than loving god

Old 06-01-2012, 03:59 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,286,690 times
Thread temporarily closed pending moderator consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity