Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 03:30 AM

951 posts, read 1,053,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Yes, I sure do.

Yes, he does...and he is correct.

The computer is vital equipment if used to proclaim the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Paul....Peter and every other apostle spent the Sabbath proclaiming the same.

I won't be spending any more time arguing with you Rafius...you have heard the truth...do with it what you will.

God Bless.
I work for myself so my posting may not be as consistent as I would like. As the workload shifts so will my posting.

I turn my computer off for the Sabbath even though in the past I have used it to access Sabbath services where all the members are linked in to the service via phone or computer. Since I had a skype account, the computer was the means by which I "traveled" to the service.

But, I cut off, shut down, and try to keep the smallest energy footprint I can for the Sabbath.

We in the true Church of God are being judged now, so keeping the Sabbath Holy is one of the many things that God is looking at. And yes, God does correct me when I get careless in my Sabbath observance. (Remember, He corrects every son he loves.) I don't need a policeman to enforce God's Law for me. You break God's Law and it will break you. This whole nation is going to go into national captivity for mainly the two twin sins of Sabbath breaking and idolatry just as ancient Israel did.

And the dates of my posts in the future may include the day the Sabbath falls on, but that is due to the fact that the Sabbath is not on the 7th day of man's designated week, but is from sunset on the 6th day to sunset on the 7th day which leaves time after sunset to make posts which will be listed on the date the world assigns to the Sabbath.

Hope that clears up any misconceptions.

Last edited by tthttf; 06-26-2012 at 03:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 03:37 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,662,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
I work for myself so my posting may not be as consistent as I would like. As the workload shifts so will my posting.

I turn my computer off for the Sabbath even though in the past I have used it to access Sabbath services where all the members are linked in to the service via phone or computer. Since I had a skype account, the computer was the means by which I "traveled" to the service.

But, I cut off, shut down, and try to keep the smallest energy footprint I can for the Sabbath.

We in the true Church of God are being judged now, so keeping the Sabbath Holy is one of the many things that God is looking at. And yes, God does correct me when I get careless in my Sabbath observance. (Remember, He corrects every son he loves.) I don't need a policement to enforce God's Law for me. You break God's Law and it will break you. This whole nation is going to go into national captivity for mainly the two twin sins of Sabbath breaking and idolatry just as ancient Israel did.

And the dates of my posts in the future may include the day the Sabbath falls on, but that is due to the fact that the Sabbath is not on the 7th day of man's designated week, but is from sunset on the 6th day to sunset on the 7th day which leaves time after sunset to make posts which will be listed on the date the world assigns to the Sabbath.

Hope that clears up any misconceptions.
Well said tthttf...and nice to see you back...if only for a moment...

God Bless you brother/sister in Christ Jesus.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
All I did was show the Scripture that shows the error here. Why was there no direct refutation to the quotations provided? Because there is none?

The 10 Commandments are Just, Holy, etc.. All believers should abide in obedience to God's Law. God's Law is much more than just the 10 commandments. We have an entire new testament filled with instructions in righteousness. 9 of the commandments were expanded in their meaning to include the internal man in intent not just actions. No one will be Justified. << Justification is the key word. We are Justified by Faith in Jesus Christ. Justification by Faith in Jesus Christ Liberates believers from the demands of the Law. Under the New Covenant and New Law of Messiah, the Sabbath is not an obligation to "Keep". No believer can put another under condemnation for not observing the Sabbath.

The Mark is not about a day of the week. It's about an identity to a person. Who are we going to choose - Jesus Christ the innocent or Barabbas the Murderer. The World is going to choose Barabbas.

A lot of my research points to this "christ consciousness". The mandatory Evolution of mankind into the Aquarian "New Age" and New man. Transhumanism, cloning, DNA manipulation. Awakening with the "Ascended Masters".. Along those lines.. the first lie to mankind was that it could live forever being some type of god.

There is a lot of evidence that this "Sabbath keeping" as the Mark of the Beast is the Enemy attempting to proclaim prophecy as fulfilled. Lure people to identify the wrong Anti-Christ, and receive the Wrong Jesus in the wrong Millennium.
You are not presenting 'Justification' properly. We all know that "for whatsoever is not of faith is sin." The real issue of justification is that the shed blood of Jesus Christ reconciles you back to God the Father. If you do not have faith in that, then your sins will not be removed just as if you do not have faith in divine healing (James 5) then you will not be healed. Faith is a necessary ingredient for I would suspect every thing you take part in. Justification = reconciliation with God the Father whose Commandments you have broken and your sins are held against you. You don't get a free pass for future sins but rather a warning in Hebrews that deliberate rebellion and sin will cause you to be lost forever and you will never be reconciled to God.

It could possibly take days to answer your statements and questions on the Mark of the Beast, but for starters the Sabbath is not a mark but a sign between the Creator God and His people both physical and spiritual Israel.

Read in Exodus 31 which uses this expression sign (in KJV and JPS)

Exo 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.

[SIZE=4]
[/SIZE]

Old 06-27-2012, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
When will some people realize there is more to the bible than the 10 commandants. The sermon on the Mount has many commands that Christ commands us to do that is not in the 10 commandments.

Turn the other cheek, love your enemy, go the extra mile...etc which falls under Love One another.

Sexual immorality isnt in the 10 commandments other than adultery, but live that lifestyle and see where you end up.

Read Romans 13:1-7 and you will see that the bible says to obey the law of the land. God is the creator of government, so when we willfully break the law then we become guilty of sinning against God. We are commanded to submit to our government and keep the law of the land.

Like ive said before we all see a 55 MPH sign and willfully go 10-15 or 20 over the limit, not due to a emergency, but because it is convenient for us. When you see a cop, you slow down because you dont want a ticket you willingly chose to drive that fast and the cops give you a ticket because you are breaking the law. I can give man other examples how we dont obey the law of the land as well.

To God sin is sin, so one can be sinning from the 10 commandments, or by not doing what is commanded in the new testament as well. Its either follow the whole book or dont follow it at all, but stop picking and choosing certain parts to make yourself feel better.
Actually the 10 Commandments are summarized by the 2 Great Commandments.

Commandments 1-4 show love to God.

Commandments 5-10 show love to neighbor.

Now (almost) every other commandment will usually fall under one of the 10 Commandments.

When you are told to love your enemy, this falls under the 6th Commandment, that says you are not to murder. To repent means to turn around and go the other way. Not only are you not to kill which comes from hating your enemy but you are to love your enemy.

When you are told to go the extra mile, part of this falls under the eighth Commandment, that says you are not to steal. Again repentance involves turning around and going the other direction. Instead of stealing, give.

All sexual misconduct falls under the 7th Commandment, that prohibits adultery.

Etc, etc...

If you are to enter into life "keep the Commandments" as Christ said. This is the Spiritual, the Royal Law that will never, never be done away with. The Law reflects the very nature and character of God. To do away with the Law, means to do away with God Himself. Think about it. The Law of God is to be written into the hearts and minds of all those who are to born into the very household of God.

Paul did not do away with the Commandments himself.

1 Cor 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

Peter warns about Paul's writings:

2 Peter 3:

15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

17) Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

18) But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

So if Paul appears to you to be saying do away with the Commandments, look to what Christ said:

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Grow in the grace and knowledge of what Christ did and said and not what you believe Paul is trying to say.

Paul states himself that he appeared to those under the law as one under the law. He appeared to those without law as being without law.

1 Cor 9:20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

1 Cor 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

But in John's writings in the book of Revelation, the last words written that were years after the writings of Paul, here we get the last word on whether one should or should not keep the Commandments.

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Conclusion: As Christ said, if you will enter into life, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS! Which commandments? The Ten Commandments of God. The Ten that were in the ark.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:59 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,662,729 times
Default @

Quote:

Now (almost) every other commandment will usually fall under one of the 10 Commandments.

When you are told to love your enemy, this falls under the 6th Commandment, that says you are not to murder. To repent means to turn around and go the other way. Not only are you not to kill which comes from hating your enemy but you are to love your enemy.

When you are told to go the extra mile, part of this falls under the eighth Commandment, that says you are not to steal. Again repentance involves turning around and going the other direction. Instead of stealing, give.

Etc, etc...

If you are to enter into life "keep the Commandments" as Christ said. This is the Spiritual, the Royal Law that will never, never be done away with. The Law reflects the very nature and character of God. To do away with the Law, means to do away with God Himself. Think about it. The Law of God is to be written into the hearts and minds of all those who are to born into the very household of God.

1 Cor 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

2 Peter 3:

15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

17) Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

18) But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

So if Paul appears to you to be saying do away with the Commandments, look to what Christ said:

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Grow in the grace and knowledge of what Christ did and said and not what you believe Paul is trying to say.

Paul states himself that he appeared to those under the law as one under the law. He appeared to those without law as being without law.

1 Cor 9:20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

1 Cor 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

But in John's writings in the book of Revelation, the last words written that were years after the writings of Paul, here we get the last word on whether one should or should not keep the Commandments.

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Conclusion: As Christ said, if you will enter into life, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS! Which commandments? The Ten Commandments of God. The Ten that were in the ark.
Amen and Amen !

God Bless.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:19 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,142,186 times
Quote:

Etc, etc...

2 Peter 3:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I get your point, but my point is that the bible also commands us to obey the law of the land as well, and we dont live under Torah right now in the US, but the USA laws and if we break those willingly we sin against God, the 10 commandments doesnt say: dont sell or do drugs, or drive drunk , dont drive 20mph over the limit, no downloading movies or music from shareware sites which count as copyrighting and many other of our current laws i could list, but many people break the laws of the land all the time in some way or form and put there chest out that they are following the 10 commandments. Like I said before follow the whole book or none at all. You cant say your good for following 10 commandments, but then break the laws of the land which count as sin against God, because we are commanded to obey the laws too. So one could follow all 10 commandments and still be displeasing to God in other areas of there life. So OT or NT, we all sin in some way or form which shows our need for repentance through Christ.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I get your point, but my point is that the bible also commands us to obey the law of the land as well, and we dont live under Torah right now in the US, but the USA laws and if we break those willingly we sin against God, the 10 commandments doesnt say: dont sell or do drugs, or drive drunk , dont drive 20mph over the limit, no downloading movies or music from shareware sites which count as copyrighting and many other of our current laws i could list, but many people break the laws of the land all the time in some way or form and put there chest out that they are following the 10 commandments. Like I said before follow the whole book or none at all. You cant say your good for following 10 commandments, but then break the laws of the land which count as sin against God, because we are commanded to obey the laws too. So one could follow all 10 commandments and still be displeasing to God in other areas of there life. So OT or NT, we all sin in some way or form which shows our need for repentance through Christ.
God's Spiritual Law is the very nature and character of God. This is His Way of Life. He doesn't change. And where there is no law there is no transgression and since sin is the transgression of the law, God's Law was in existence long before Mount Sinai which can be proved from the scriptures which refer to the time before Mount Sinai. (There is not enough space in this one post to do the subject justice.)

Summarizing, in the original sin, Adam and Eve broke at least 4 of the 10 Commandments.

What does this have to do with breaking the laws of society? If you use drugs, you are also breaking several of the 10 Commandments (5th, 6th, 8th?, 10th). And you can examine each law to see if there is an underlying principle of God's Law being transgressed if broken.

However, here comes the BIG difference. If the laws of society conflict with the Law of God, you are to obey God and accept the punishment from society but still remain loyal and faithful to God.

There are NT scriptures to back this up, but probably the best example is found in Daniel in the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, when they refused to bow down to the idol set up by King Nebuchadnezzar. Their lives were on the line and they accepted the punishment instead of disobeying God. Then God miraculously intervened and spared their lives.

(Soon, it will become mandatory to keep Sunday and the 7th Day Sabbath keepers will be financially ruined and some put to death. But we must accept the punishment and still obey God and not sin.)

Old 06-28-2012, 06:31 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,142,186 times
Quote:
God's Spiritual Law is the very nature and character of God. This is His Way of Life. He doesn't change. And where there is no law there is no transgression and since sin is the transgression of the law, God's Law was in existence long before Mount Sinai which can be proved from the scriptures which refer to the time before Mount Sinai. (There is not enough space in this one post to do the subject justice.)

Summarizing, in the original sin, Adam and Eve broke at least 4 of the 10 Commandments.

What does this have to do with breaking the laws of society? If you use drugs, you are also breaking several of the 10 Commandments (5th, 6th, 8th?, 10th). And you can examine each law to see if there is an underlying principle of God's Law being transgressed if broken.

However, here comes the BIG difference. If the laws of society conflict with the Law of God, you are to obey God and accept the punishment from society but still remain loyal and faithful to God.

There are NT scriptures to back this up, but probably the best example is found in Daniel in the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, when they refused to bow down to the idol set up by King Nebuchadnezzar. Their lives were on the line and they accepted the punishment instead of disobeying God. Then God miraculously intervened and spared their lives.

(Soon, it will become mandatory to keep Sunday and the 7th Day Sabbath keepers will be financially ruined and some put to death. But we must accept the punishment and still obey God and not sin.)

I seriously doubt we will go back to the days of Constantine and the Roman empire and punish Sabbath keepers like that. The bible says the mark will be taken by most in order to survive. Christianity itself makes up probably 2 billion of the 7 billion people on the earth, so it would have to be something where 80+ % of folks have to do in order to survive, not the small percentage it makes up now. And with Islam growing at the rate its growing, Christianity will never be the majority.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:53 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
10All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”c 11Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, “The righteous live by faith".12The law is not based on faith; on the contrary Galatians 3

Verna and co, do you not understand this ?.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
10All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”c 11Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, “The righteous live by faith".12The law is not based on faith; on the contrary Galatians 3

It takes faith to keep God's 7th Day Sabbath when it seems the whole world keeps either Sunday, Friday or no day at all and you will be fired and persecuted for keeping the 4th Commandment.

Again:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity