Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 08:22 PM

951 posts, read 1,054,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
True Christians are not identified by those "keeping" the Sabbath day or appointed times.

True Christians are identified by their fruit.

Matthew 7

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Galatians 5

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Much more important than keeping Appointed times is Charity.

1 Corinthians 13

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

If one wants to observe Appointed times, it can be a wonderful fruitful experience if done in a non-legalistic mindset.

No flesh will be Justified by keeping these appointed times just as no Christian will lose their justification by not keeping these appointed times.

This was all demonstrated from Scripture pointed out in the previous post. Legalism focuses on self and what one needs to do to "get" to heaven. Liberty focuses on others as they understand there is nothing they can do to get to heaven except believing on the Lord Jesus Christ receiving his freely given unearned undeserved gift of life by faith in His works.

God's grace attracts unsaved sinners to him. God's Law slays the sinner. Grace shows mercy. Law shows Justice - a justice that can not be compromised in the eternal court. Righteousness comes by God's Spirit working through the saved believer.

Dead men can't walk - only those that are alive.
Two notable attributes of the saints of God are summarized in the following verse:

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Love is keeping the Commandments of God. The first four define how to love God and the last six define how to love your neighbor as yourself and are summarized in the two great Commandments.

You are showing love to God when you keep His Sabbath.

And notice it is the faith "of" Jesus, not just faith "in" Jesus. This "faith of Jesus" comes through the Holy Spirit. This is from God/Christ and not just an empty faith without any works as James condemns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 10:43 PM

481 posts, read 866,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
If you are not being persecuted, you are not a true Christian. AMEN TO THIS TRUTH

If you are not led by God's Holy Spirit, you are not a true Christian. TRUTH...Walk & live in the Spirit

If you do not keep God's Commandments, you are not a true Christian. TRUE, and not a true believer in Christ Jesus

Christ kept His Father's Commandments which includes the 7th Day Sabbath and not Sunday. TRUTH

Read the scriptures carefully and you will see the above is true. TRUTH

Modern Christianity is false and soon to be destroyed at the Return of Christ. TRUTH
I truly live for the persecution as I live and walk in the Spirit, and would not have it any other way. Do I like to be persecuted? By no means, but I accept it with joy in my heart through my love and great faith I have for my savior Christ Jesus. Nothing cannot be accomplished through my faith, prayer, and my personal relationship with God my Father, and I truly believe in this truth....I say amen!

Old 06-18-2012, 04:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Not only do you deliberately set aside the keeping of God's Commandments, when you engage in Sunday worship, Christmas, Easter. But you also are accepting the Mark of the Beast which came out of the Beast (the Roman Empire). It was Rome who put this pagan yoke on Modern Christianity with all their syncretic false worship of Christ by putting His name on ancient pagan feasts. Even the keeping of Sunday is honoring the sun God. Sun-day.
You can engage in worship any day you want, even every day of the week. And no, if you go to worship God on a Sunday, you are NOT accepting the mark of the beast and honoring a sun god. You are teaching a false teaching.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You can engage in worship any day you want, even every day of the week. And no, if you go to worship God on a Sunday, you are NOT accepting the mark of the beast and honoring a sun god. You are teaching a false teaching.
Christ speaks very plainly against substituting traditions in place of the commandment of God.

Mark 7:
Ver 7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Ver 8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men...
Ver 9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
Ver 13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Emperor Constantine "changed" the day of worship to the "venerable day of the Sun". That was a commandment from a man the leader of the Beast -- the Roman Empire. Sunday along with the other pagan holidays are the Mark of the Roman Empire -- the Mark of the Beast.

That should be quite clear.

Many have given their lives trying to obey God and avoid this mark. I would't treat this truth lightly.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:53 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
Christ speaks very plainly against substituting traditions in place of the commandment of God.

Mark 7:
Ver 7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Ver 8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men...
Ver 9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
Ver 13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Emperor Constantine "changed" the day of worship to the "venerable day of the Sun". That was a commandment from a man the leader of the Beast -- the Roman Empire. Sunday along with the other pagan holidays are the Mark of the Roman Empire -- the Mark of the Beast.

Many have given their lives trying to obey God and avoid this mark. I would't treat this truth lightly.
This may well be historically true, but even if it was not changed from Saturday to a Sunday,neither of these days are a sabbath.

A sabbath is this.......
Take my yoke on you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest to your souls.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:44 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
I think you should pay special attention to it, because you are the one concerned about proper traditions, and proper ways and days of worship.

Quote:

It should be clear that God wants us to remember and worship Him every day, not just one day selected by men. It does not matter when you pray and worship. Seriously. I don't know who is feeding you all this stuff, but it is all false. There is a problem when you replace God with some traditions which have nothing to do with God, but there is no problem when you include God in your worship no matter what day or place you do your worship. There is nothing wrong in worhipping God at 1:30PM on a Tuesday afternoon in your garage. Nothing.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-18-2012 at 06:54 AM..

Old 06-18-2012, 07:15 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,648,293 times
Quote:
Two notable attributes of the saints of God are summarized in the following verse:

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Love is keeping the Commandments of God. The first four define how to love God and the last six define how to love your neighbor as yourself and are summarized in the two great Commandments.

You are showing love to God when you keep His Sabbath.

And notice it is the faith "of" Jesus, not just faith "in" Jesus. This "faith of Jesus" comes through the Holy Spirit. This is from God/Christ and not just an empty faith without any works as James condemns.
Yes keep the commandments of God in the new commandments of Messiah which supersede the old.

That passage is not a justification to put one under the Mosaic Law which has been fulfilled and superseded in Christ.

Hebrews 7:17-19

17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

The Old Testament is there for our learning

Romans 15:4
For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

No one will be Justified by Keeping the sabbath just as no Christian will lose their Justifcaition by not keeping the Sabbath.

No one will be Justified by not Coveting just as no Christian will lose their Justification by Coveting.

We are Justified by Faith in Jesus Christ which changes the heart of the individual bringing forth fruit.

Charity is not in the 10 commandments.. <<

John 13:34
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Galatians 5

13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Isaiah 42

1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.

3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.

4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.

Keeping the Sabbath has nothing to do with Charity which talks about love service toward other people. We are under a new and better covenant under a better mediator under a new Law. There is no evil in sacrificing oneself to serve others.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think you should pay special attention to it, because you are the one concerned about proper traditions, and proper ways and days of worship.

It should be clear that God wants us to remember and worship Him every day, not just one day selected by men. It does not matter when you pray and worship. Seriously. I don't know who is feeding you all this stuff, but it is all false. There is a problem when you replace God with some traditions which have nothing to do with God, but there is no problem when you include God in your worship no matter what day or place you do your worship. There is nothing wrong in worhipping God at 1:30PM on a Tuesday afternoon in your garage. Nothing.
God's Word has in it the way to worship the true God and true Christ.

I have quoted from Christ several times where He speaks out against substituting the doctrines of men in place of the Commandments of God.

Christ never did away with the Ten Commandments nor the Holy Sabbath days. We have the record in the Bible of followers of Christ keeping both the Sabbath and annuals Sabbaths many years after His Crucifixion and Resurrection.

As I pointed out the Holy Spirit was given on one of God's annual Holy Days.

God, Christ and their followers keep the Sabbaths of God, not pagan substitutes.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Yes keep the commandments of God in the new commandments of Messiah which supersede the old.

That passage is not a justification to put one under the Mosaic Law which has been fulfilled and superseded in Christ.

Hebrews 7:17-19

17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

The Old Testament is there for our learning

Romans 15:4
For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

No one will be Justified by Keeping the sabbath just as no Christian will lose their Justifcaition by not keeping the Sabbath.

No one will be Justified by not Coveting just as no Christian will lose their Justification by Coveting.

We are Justified by Faith in Jesus Christ which changes the heart of the individual bringing forth fruit.

Charity is not in the 10 commandments.. <<

John 13:34
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Galatians 5

13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Isaiah 42

1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.

3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.

4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.

Keeping the Sabbath has nothing to do with Charity which talks about love service toward other people. We are under a new and better covenant under a better mediator under a new Law. There is no evil in sacrificing oneself to serve others.
Keeping the Sabbath is showing love toward God and honoring Him as the Creator. To substitute a pagan day of worship for the God's Sabbath is an offense to God and Christ.

Your idea of bondage is not what the scriptures reveal. If everyone in this world had God's Holy Spirit and everyone was keeping God's Commandments, it will be like the world coming ahead when Christ returns to this world and the Law will go forth from Zion. This law is the Spiritual Law -- the Ten Commandments -- the first 4 commandments show love to God and the last 6 show love to your neighbor.

A world that has turned its back on God's law -- that is the world we have today. It would destroy itself unless Christ did not intervene and return to this earth and set up the Kingdom of God.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:42 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,881,591 times
Quote:
If I keep the Sabbath Day it is God's Holy Spirit in me that gets all the credit. I can do nothing of myself.

But God chastens every son He loves. I was called to Christ through the Sabbath Day. God corrected me and showed me I was trampling all over His Holy Day. If you are not called now, God has not revealed His Holy Sabbaths to you (in a personal way). But one day He will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What to you is keeping the sabbath ?.
Quote:
It can vary.

But the most important thing is to not work but rest physically and keep one's mind on spiritual things and worship God from sunset at the end of the 6th day until sunset at the end of the following 7th day.

Personally, I try to "rest" all of my equipment and cut off all unneeded appliances and I read the Bible and pray as much as I can.

I do not follow Judaism. The Sabbath was made for man (not just the Jew), not man for the Sabbath.
....and do you kill anyone that DOES work on the Sabbath, like doctors, hospital staff, firemen, police etc as you are commanded to do??

Do you also adhere to the other 613 laws of the Mitzvot that require you to kill....
People who don't listen to priests Witches
Homosexuals
Fortune tellers
Anyone that strikes their parents.

Anyone that curses their parents
Adulterers
Fornicators
Followers of other religions
Nonbelievers
False prophets
The habitants of entire towns if one person worships another god.
Women who are not virgins on their wedding night.
Blasphemers

....or do you ignore those lawd ans just select the ones that don't inconvenience you?

Last edited by Rafius; 06-18-2012 at 08:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity