Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 04:15 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,529,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What is actually forbidden on the Hashabbat is one's normal vocation, whatever one does during the six days of work, this he/she is not permitted to do on HaShabbat...The only ones exempted from this were the Priests, for they had to work the Temple, and being that Yeshua was a Priest in the order of Melchizadek, well?...Follow this to it's conclusion...
The conclusion is that Jesus is God, the same God of the OT, who has fulfilled the demands of the sabbath. To insist otherwise makes Jesus' death frivolous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 05:02 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,455,759 times
Third
"You shall not take The Name of The Lord your God in vain; for The Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His Name in vain."

Fourth
"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work; but the seventh day is a Sabbath to The Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your manservant, or your maidservant, or your cattle, or the sojourner who is within your gates; for in six days The Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day; therefore The Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it."

Think it a "coincidence" that He would start it with: REMEMBER the Sabbath day.....? No, my friends. The Lord God that knows it all, KNEW........ we would soon forget. The inward Sabbath of the soul will cause you to delight in the outward keeping of the Sabbath, amen?

Love you guys.....keep the good fight of faith going!!

Old 08-14-2012, 06:37 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,408,117 times
Colossians 2:14-17 addressed:

Please explain Colossians 2:14 > Sabbath Truth

I guess even this is debatable!

Old 08-14-2012, 09:46 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,465,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Colossians 2:14-17 addressed:

Please explain Colossians 2:14 > Sabbath Truth

I guess even this is debatable!
You'll always be able to find people who will take a contrary position, no matter how ridiculous it is.

Name any basic tenet of Christianity and there's people on this board who identify as Christians who hold to something else.

I hope the Romans 14 explanation was helpful.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
What is actually forbidden on the Hashabbat is one's normal vocation, whatever one does during the six days of work, this he/she is not permitted to do on HaShabbat...The only ones exempted from this were the Priests, for they had to work the Temple, and being that Yeshua was a Priest in the order of Melchizadek, well?...Follow this to it's conclusion...
I'm not following any of this at all, actually.

So are we done w/ 2 Peter 3? I didn't see a response to post # 78.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:27 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,129,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
I'm not following any of this at all, actually.

So are we done w/ 2 Peter 3? I didn't see a response to post # 78.
use some logic and reason to figure it out...

Old 08-15-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965
use some logic and reason to figure it out...
Amusing.

I believe your point is that since Jesus is a priest in the order of Melchizedek he is exempted from Sabbath regulations in regard to his vocation. Which is a nice theory and all, but it doesn't address what I was talking about in the post you responded to, which is why I didn't follow. But you get an 'A' for non-sequitor.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:14 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,549,847 times
Why is this debate still going on. The law was not given to the Gentles. Period.
ROM 2:14-15 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another."

Even the need to rest was and is observed by the Gentles but it is differant for all. Those who preach the law of the Old Covenant don't know a thing of what they are saying and make the Grace of Christ null and void and will give an account for their every idol word sooner or later. Hopefully sooner in this life and repent and then stick to preaching the Gospel. Hopefully sooner because they put the weak and guliable to confusion.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:56 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,129,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Why is this debate still going on. The law was not given to the Gentles. Period.
ROM 2:14-15 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another."

Even the need to rest was and is observed by the Gentles but it is differant for all. Those who preach the law of the Old Covenant don't know a thing of what they are saying and make the Grace of Christ null and void and will give an account for their every idol word sooner or later. Hopefully sooner in this life and repent and then stick to preaching the Gospel. Hopefully sooner because they put the weak and guliable to confusion.
All it says is that they were without the Law... It does not say that they were not given the Law...Israel was to be a guiding ight to the world, but failed in that...Check out the Nohide Laws which were for all peoples...

Old 08-18-2012, 02:27 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,549,847 times
Quote:
All it says is that they were without the Law... It does not say that they were not given the Law...Israel was to be a guiding ight to the world, but failed in that...Check out the Nohide Laws which were for all peoples...
This is a simple exercise in reason. A no brainer. The Gentles have not the law as the Jews do because God did not give them the the law but did give the promise of adoption as sons of God without the works of the law through faith in Christ.

Paul said that the law was given to the Jews but they also could find salvation only in Christ, not the law.
ROM 9:3-4 "For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: Who are Israelites; to whom pertains the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;"

EPH 2:12-16 "That at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel [called of God], and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus you who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:"

The Noahide laws while good, is only a list the Jews thought appropreate for the Gentles. They were not a Covenant that God made with the Gentles like He made with the Jews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity