Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2012, 02:56 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,985,518 times

Advertisements

Can anyone suggest an appropriate verse to go with a handwashing rule for children? Every time I think I've come up with one, the preceding passages don't really fit the bill and I'm not sure if that matters or not...I suppose it would. I was never very good at this sort of thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 03:49 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,637,839 times
I just did a quick search for "wash"

Exodus 30:19
For Aaron and his sons shall wash their hands and their feet thereat:

Exodus 40:12
And thou shalt bring Aaron and his sons unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and wash them with water.

Exodus 40:32
When they went into the tent of the congregation, and when they came near unto the altar, they washed; as the LORD commanded Moses.

Psalm 51:7
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Psalm 26:6
I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O LORD:

Isaiah 1:16
Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; <<< this one could work good for the kids.

John 13:14
If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

John 13:14
If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.

Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Revelation 1:5
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Old 08-07-2012, 04:12 PM

Thanks. I orginally picked Psalm 51:7 before I posted...but isn't the entire passage about David who committed adultery? Is it OK to just use the one verse even if it is part of something that takes on a different meaning?

I also had Isaiah 1:16

Old 08-07-2012, 04:14 PM

419 posts, read 435,283 times
Eph 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
Eph 6:2 "Honor your father and mother" (this is the first commandment with a promise),
Eph 6:3 "that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land."

If you tell them to wash their hands, they need to obey. It's what God wants.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:47 PM

Yes, but this is more for a classroom setting and not from parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity