Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 01:54 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

Thrill. God knows your heart. You are not damned for seeking and asking questions. You will know the truth and the truth will set you free( the truth is you are free). Do not let those who skim the letter and defend what they have always been taught to be the the truth,prevent you from going beyond the sacred page to know and find the fountain of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 01:58 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,459,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
READ THIS REPLY ^^^ BY RICHARD THRILL, and read it good...over and over again until it finally sinks in....EVERYWHERE in the Bible were it speaks to ANYTHING pertaining to "forgiving >>>THEIR<<< wickedness, and remembering >>>THEIR<<< sins no more" is speaking to ONLY THOSE WHO ARE JUSTIFIED BY FAITH BY OBEYING THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD - NON OTHER ! Just like Abraham....his faith was accounted unto him as righteousness...WHY ?...BECAUSE HE OBEYED GOD ! ! ! ...AND UNTIL YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO CONTINUALLY KICKS AGAINST THE PRICKS FINALLY GETS THE MESSAGE...AND IT FINALLY SINKS IN , AND YOU FINALLY OBEY THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD >>>AND THIS INCLUDES KEEPING THE SEVENTH DAY SABBATH AS HOLY UNTO GOD - THE FOURTH COMMANDMENT<<< YOU WILL NOT ENTER INTO HEAVEN, PERIOD.

...THUS SAITH THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY ! ! ! IT IS WRITTEN ! ! !

Until you understand this truth, you will never understand His truth...you will be forever seeking without finding....calling God whatever names you will call Him other than Righteous and Just.

I pray for you thrillobyte. You upset me....I'm sorry.
So if I don't keep the Sabbath day holy I don't go to heaven? Hmmm, that sure sounds like the message of the New Testament. [/sarcasm]

Old 08-10-2012, 02:24 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,592 times
1TIM 1:5-7 "Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm."

Old 08-10-2012, 02:52 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
Quote:
Thrill...again...you claim something of God that He simply could not...nor would He ever do.....and that is contradict Himself. I'm beginning to think I'll stop replying to your posts at all after this, as it seems to me that you are hell bent on accusing God of something...anything! that is so far out in left field. You couldn't be more wrong than you are today...about this...I don't get it...and I don't like it......not one bit.

You are unable to see truth when you look at it...the unbelief that you hold in your heart is festering like a boil....and you make it worse by charging Him of such things as being a liar...a God of contradiction...untrustworthy...of no good character to any and all who read the words written on this board.

...ask yourself...what kind of seed is it that you are planting into young, learning hearts who seek TRUTH and do not yet know it...how many souls' blood will be required of you on the Day of the Lord God Almighty?...which book will you not be listed in?...what will be your judgement?...what is it you did that was against God while you were still alive here on earth, when you had a chance to work out your salvation with fear and trembling....but instead of choosing faith in Him and His precious word, chose instead to fill your time up with submitting charges against Him that you should never have?

....Please stop.
For one thing, hearts don't learn, they pump blood. Secondly, do you not see that Christians are the ones teaching young minds not to think for themselves, but instead, believe everything that's told them in church? I was one of those young minds who fortunately was able to break away from the stranglehold the Christian dogma had on my mind. Once I was able to see things objectively, I came to a different conclusion. NOTHING you've stated here can be proven, yet you want children to dismiss their logical mind and believe that people who have done good things all their lives, like Ghandi and Krishna, will be sent to burn in Hell forever, while people like Charles Manson could have a death bed conversion and live eternally in Heaven.
Faith is not a pathway to truth, only objective, concrete evidence. If you can provide such evidence that the Bible god's claim is the truth, then I will possible concede your points. Otherwise, please keep your closed-minded faith to yourself.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:08 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
For one thing, hearts don't learn, they pump blood. Secondly, do you not see that Christians are the ones teaching young minds not to think for themselves, but instead, believe everything that's told them in church? I was one of those young minds who fortunately was able to break away from the stranglehold the Christian dogma had on my mind. Once I was able to see things objectively, I came to a different conclusion. NOTHING you've stated here can be proven, yet you want children to dismiss their logical mind and believe that people who have done good things all their lives, like Ghandi and Krishna, will be sent to burn in Hell forever, while people like Charles Manson could have a death bed conversion and live eternally in Heaven.
Faith is not a pathway to truth, only objective, concrete evidence. If you can provide such evidence that the Bible god's claim is the truth, then I will possible concede your points. Otherwise, please keep your closed-minded faith to yourself.
I beg your pardon sir...but I will SHOUT ! to the hilltops what is God's truth anywhere and anytime I wish....and you will not tell me when or where I can.

#1. I do not believe in "burning in hell forever" ! I KNOW those who die in their sins will be Annihilated....as in - NO MORE !

#2. I am NOT a Universal Reconciliationist that believes that those of the Charles Manson/Hitler/Dauhmer/Satan types will will ever see life eternal !

#3. You obviously have no clue who I am and what I DO believe...so stick around a while and you may learn that what I DO believe is written in Scripture without twisting it unto death !

Good Day to you sir.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:16 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,267,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I'm sorry, but the last sentence is funny.

You do realize that this is the Christianity forum, correct? And you do realize that nobody forced you to come here and read what was being discussed, correct?

I'm still laughing.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
I'm sorry, but the last sentence is funny.

You do realize that this is the Christianity forum, correct? And you do realize that nobody forced you to come here and read what was being discussed, correct?

I'm still laughing.
I was using that statement to emphasize the injustice being done to children by Christians, not as a demand to limit one's freedom of speech. I apologize.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
I beg your pardon sir...but I will SHOUT ! to the hilltops what is God's truth anywhere and anytime I wish....and you will not tell me when or where I can.

#1. I do not believe in "burning in hell forever" ! I KNOW those who die in their sins will be Annihilated....as in - NO MORE !

#2. I am NOT a Universal Reconciliationist that believes that those of the Charles Manson/Hitler/Dauhmer/Satan types will will ever see life eternal !

#3. You obviously have no clue who I am and what I DO believe...so stick around a while and you may learn that what I DO believe is written in Scripture without twisting it unto death !

Good Day to you sir.
I have no problem with your speaking what you believe, but you're risking being branded a fool by claiming its the truth, without any evidence.

Considering #2, you must not understand or agree with the Bible you seem to believe because the Bible consistently proposes that last minute conversions are acceptable, i.e. the thief on the cross.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:40 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
I pray for you thrillobyte. You upset me....I'm sorry.
I'm sorry for upsetting you, Verna. But you have to remember that just as I ruffled some feathers by pointing out what I perceived to be inconsistencies in two scriptures, so did you ruffle some feathers of others by denying what many here perceive to be the reality of eternal torment in hell for unrepentant sinners. You see, you have your beliefs which we respect and I have my beliefs which we should also respect, if not agree on. My belief is that the Book of Revelation is a phony. I don't land on that conclusion without a ton of reading, studying and meditating on the evidence presented. If Revelation carried the same credentials as Isaiah, for example---that being that hundreds of prophecies about Christ have been fulfilled and that it has been proven without doubt to have been written by Isaiah via careful record keeping and by the Dead Sea Scrolls---then sure I'd line up to support it.

BUT!

We don't have that kind of record on Revelation. Despite many who will shout from the mountaintop that it was written by John the Apostle circa 95AD, we simply have no conclusive evidence to prove those assertions. For every pro-Revelation theologian that die-hard Revelation believers in here pull in to support it, I will pull in five Bible forensic experts who will disprove their assertions and prove that it was written circa 63-67 AD by someone other than John the Apostle right before the fall of Jerusalem and its focus is on the fall of Jerusalem and not on end-times eschatology.

Finally, I will point out that, while I appreciate Mike 555 being gracious enough to point out to me a 240-hour study on Revelation (thank you for that, Mike--I will be eternally grateful for that ) no less a Biblical luminary than Billy Graham has spent considerably more than 240 hours studying Revelation and here's what resulted:

Quote:
The Rev. Dr. Billy Graham, after a whole life of study and real affection for the Bible, said recently that he's just had to throw up his hands in despair in trying to understand the last book of the Bible, the Book of Revelation. He just can't figure it out!
Now if Billy Graham can't figure it out, do you actually think that anyone in here is going to?????????

Old 08-10-2012, 05:49 PM

855 posts, read 624,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Psalm 130:3:

Quote:
LORD, if you kept a record of our sins, who, O Lord, could ever survive?
Revelation 20:12:
Quote:
And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and the books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.
I don't have to point out to the reader the glaring inconsistency between these two verses. David claims that God does NOT keep records of our sins or else none of us would survive. Whatever acid-head wrote Revelation certainly didn't know his Psalms very well or he would never have written such a ridiculous contradiction to scripture solidly accepted as the Word of God.
You know, that's a good point. Also, with regards to Psalm 130:3 there's the following:

God is love (1 John 4:6,18), and love keeps no record of wrongs (1 Corinthians 13:5).

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity