Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 10:23 AM

923 posts, read 238,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
The New Testament church is not the church in the wilderness. When Jesus said, I will build my church (Matthew 16:18) it did not yet exist.

Damn, you should stop posting and get yourself an education in theology. You're striking out at every swing.
It's the same church but now spiritual only. He abolished physical Israel when He abolished circumcision on the cross. It was circumcision that made one a physical Jew and member of Physical Israel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2022, 10:30 AM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
It's the same church but now spiritual only. He abolished physical Israel when He abolished circumcision on the cross. It was circumcision that made one a physical Jew and member of Physical Israel.
No, it is not. The church is NOT Israel and never was or ever will be. Prior to the beginning of the church-age . . .the New Testament church, there was no universal indwelling of the Holy Spirit. That is one of the distinctions between Israel and the church. The church and Israel are two different and distinct peoples of God.

Again, get a basic education on matters of theology because you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Also again, your 'removal theology' is anti- semitic as I suspect are you.

I'm done with this.

Old 07-25-2022, 10:32 AM

Quote:
No, it is not. The church is NOT Israel and never was or ever will be. Prior to the beginning of the church-age . . .the New Testament church, there was no universal indwelling of the Holy Spirit. That is one of the distinctions between Israel and the church. The church and Israel are two different and distinct peoples of God.

Again, get a basic education on matters of theology because you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Also again, your 'removal theology' is anti- semitic as I suspect are you.

I'm done with this.
The church = the congregation of the Lord in the OT. Used over 300 times. Under the New Covenant, God removed all of the unbelievers from the congregation, leaving only believers in Christ (YHWH). In Romans 11, God will reunite any broken off with Israel, the congregation or Church of the Lord, through faith in Christ.

Old 07-25-2022, 10:41 AM

Quote:
The church = the congregation of the Lord in the OT. Used over 300 times. Under the New Covenant, God removed all of the unbelievers from the congregation, leaving only believers in Christ (YHWH). In Romans 11, God will reunite any broken off with Israel, the congregation or Church of the Lord, through faith in Christ.
Oh, there's no cure for sustained willful ignorance. Again, I'm done with trying to explain this to you.

Old 07-25-2022, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Oh, there's no cure for sustained willful ignorance. Again, I'm done with trying to explain this to you.
Here's Peter on Jesus and David's throne. Acts 15:16–18

16 ‘After this I will return, and I will rebuild the fallen tent of David; I will rebuild its ruins and restore it,

17 so that the rest of humanity may seek the Lord, namely, all the Gentiles I have called to be my own,’ says the Lord, who makes these things

18 known from long ago.

“And when thy days [David] be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.” 2 Samuel 7:12–13 (KJV 1900)

Notice the Kingdom is now before the resurrection on the last day. While David remains buried.

“Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:” Acts 13:23 (NCPB)

“Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;” Hebrews 1:3 (KJV 1900)

Old 07-25-2022, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Here's Peter on Jesus and David's throne. Acts 15:16–18

16 ‘After this I will return, and I will rebuild the fallen tent of David; I will rebuild its ruins and restore it,

17 so that the rest of humanity may seek the Lord, namely, all the Gentiles I have called to be my own,’ says the Lord, who makes these things

18 known from long ago.

“And when thy days [David] be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.” 2 Samuel 7:12–13 (KJV 1900)

Notice the Kingdom is now before the resurrection on the last day. While David remains buried.

“Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:” Acts 13:23 (NCPB)

“Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;” Hebrews 1:3 (KJV 1900)
The first temple (a house for my name) was destroyed in 587-86 BCE. The second temple was destroyed in AD 70 and there is no temple today. It has not been rebuilt. Nor is there any descendent of David currently sitting on the throne of David. Jesus is currently seated on the Father's throne, not on the throne of David. The Millennial or Messianic kingdom is not yet in existence. The kingdom will be a time of universal peace when war will be learned no more. That simply cannot be said about the world today.

Old 07-25-2022, 11:16 AM

11,070 posts, read 7,142,399 times
One vote for super-anti-transgressionalism, with a dash of megatheopermeance.

Old 07-25-2022, 01:28 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,175,285 times
Quote:
“This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:” Acts 7:38 (KJV 1900)
Wilderness is solitude is meditation.
6"But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."

Old 07-25-2022, 02:48 PM

Location: Check out > Mission Printing.US (Click on Publications for bible answers)
304 posts, read 83,054 times
Ga 3:24 So that the law is become our tutor to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But now faith that is come, we are no longer under a tutor.
26 For ye are all sons of God, through faith, in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ did put on Christ.
28 There can be neither Jew nor Greek, there can be neither bond nor free, there can be no male and female; for ye all are one man in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye are Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, heirs according to promise.

Eph 2:16 and might reconcile them both in one body unto God through the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Old 07-25-2022, 03:45 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,011,211 times
There were Jewish Christians in the first century but by the 4th century this came to an end, but did come back in the 1960s there came back a church of Messianic Judaism which became an evangelicalism of Judaism which blesses the tradition of Judaism with the promises of Jesus Christ....... Where the gentiles are converted to Christianity By Jesus Christ and abide in the outer court Of God temple through Holy Spirit ....... Jesus Christ is the promise Messiah which God promised through the writings of the book of Torah, so Through the Spirit of God revelation the salvation through the blessing of the House of Isaac came to an end and the people saved in the bosom of Abraham was closed down, and the people there were collected to heaven ...... Jewish belief will need their sins forgiven through Jesus Christ to receive the promise of God ...... Still, God recognizes the Jewish People and the people of Islam as People who worship Him, but Jesus Christ is the answer to His eternal blessing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity