Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 03:46 PM

19,973 posts, read 13,459,195 times

Advertisements

A part of supersessionist thinking is that many OT passages prophecy concerning the Messiah and that Jesus was that Messiah. These are all very much a case of post hoc rationalization and confirmation bias -- or in simpler terms, seeing what you want or need to see in those passages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2022, 04:28 PM

923 posts, read 238,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
The first temple (a house for my name) was destroyed in 587-86 BCE. The second temple was destroyed in AD 70 and there is no temple today. It has not been rebuilt. Nor is there any descendent of David currently sitting on the throne of David. Jesus is currently seated on the Father's throne, not on the throne of David. The Millennial or Messianic kingdom is not yet in existence. The kingdom will be a time of universal peace when war will be learned no more. That simply cannot be said about the world today.
There is no millennium David's Throne is God's Throne. “Then sat Solomon upon the throne of David his father; and his kingdom was established greatly.” 1 Kings 2:12 (KJV 1900)

“Then Solomon sat on the throne of the LORD as king instead of David his father, and prospered; and all Israel obeyed him.” 1 Chronicles 29:23 (KJV 1900)

Old 08-03-2022, 05:57 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
There is no millennium David's Throne is God's Throne. “Then sat Solomon upon the throne of David his father; and his kingdom was established greatly.” 1 Kings 2:12 (KJV 1900)

“Then Solomon sat on the throne of the LORD as king instead of David his father, and prospered; and all Israel obeyed him.” 1 Chronicles 29:23 (KJV 1900)
You again talk about things of which you know nothing. And you are so frigging dogmatic about it.

Old 08-04-2022, 03:41 AM

Quote:
You again talk about things of which you know nothing. And you are so frigging dogmatic about it.
Or you know very little about what I speak of. The early Church creeds are against you in Eschatology and that alone speaks volumes. They point out the heresies for us.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:26 AM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
Or you know very little about what I speak of. The early Church creeds are against you in Eschatology and that alone speaks volumes. They point out the heresies for us.
I've already pointed out to you and have given examples of early church fathers who held to pre-millennialism. The views of the Roman Catholic church notwithstanding. The Bible speaks of a future kingdom on the earth in which the Lord (Jesus) will rule on the throne of David IN JERUSALEM (not heaven).

You simply don't know what you are talking about and defer to the Roman Catholic church's stance on the matter. The only way one can dismiss the Old Testament's references to a future literal kingdom on the earth is by allegorizing what they say. But then you have to determine just what the allegory stands for.

Some people are amillennialists. That's you.

Others are post-millennialists.

Yet others are pre-millennialists. I am pre-millennial and I have stated why. I've told you. . .believe what you want. I stand by pre-millennialism.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:37 AM

Quote:
I've already pointed out to you and have given examples of early church fathers who held to pre-millennialism. The views of the Roman Catholic church notwithstanding. The Bible speaks of a future kingdom on the earth in which the Lord (Jesus) will rule on the throne of David IN JERUSALEM (not heaven).

You simply don't know what you are talking about and defer to the Roman Catholic church's stance on the matter. The only way one can dismiss the Old Testament's references to a future literal kingdom on the earth is by allegorizing what they say. But then you have to determine just what the allegory stands for.

Some people are amillennialists. That's you.

Others are post-millennialists.

Yet others are pre-millennialists. I am pre-millennial and I have stated why. I've told you. . .believe what you want. I stand by pre-millennialism.
But the Church decided against them and labeled them as heretics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity