Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 12:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,416,756 times

Advertisements

'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.'

"I hope you have oil for the lamp, that sits on the table of your heart."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 01:39 PM

467 posts, read 666,061 times
We are going in to a permanent Golden Age without a Rapture.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:23 PM

268 posts, read 275,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post

According to the measure of faith of one - that he will receive. If anyone believes that there is no Rapture - then there is non for him.

But if one has the measure of faith to believe in the Rapture because of what the Bible says - then to the Rapture he goes!

Old 10-21-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:

According to the measure of faith of one - that he will receive. If anyone believes that there is no Rapture - then there is non for him.

But if one has the measure of faith to believe in the Rapture because of what the Bible says - then to the Rapture he goes!

Old 10-22-2012, 10:38 AM

467 posts, read 666,061 times
We should want to fulfill our reason for being and serve God with all our hearts, not be Raptured. This Rapture concept has to say die, frankly, because it's kind of unconstructive.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:53 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,316,060 times
Quote:
We should want to fulfill our reason for being and serve God with all our hearts, not be Raptured. This Rapture concept has to say die, frankly, because it's kind of unconstructive.
Hank Hannegraff and I both agree with you. I believe that the great tribulation occurred in 70 A.D. with the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem. I don't believe there will be a rapture, later followed by the return of Christ at the beginning of the Millenium. The theory of a rapture was dreamed up less than 200 years ago.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
Hank Hannegraff and I both agree with you. I believe that the great tribulation occurred in 70 A.D. with the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem. I don't believe there will be a rapture, later followed by the return of Christ at the beginning of the Millenium. The theory of a rapture was dreamed up less than 200 years ago.
The Rapture was not dreamed up or a Theory but is a truth and a revelation of the Spirit - written in the Bible by credible men of God. It was perhaps given emphasis "less than 200 years ago" when the Spirit saw that it was the time to reveal this mystery to the Church... even as He revealed "sola Fide" (Only by Faith) to Martin Luther before the Reformation.

I am not a lazy, idle and useless bum waiting for a Savior from the outer space... but one who works his wits out to save others and to disciple those who got into the Ark of Salvation.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:55 PM

889 posts, read 827,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabalfred View Post
Some believe that every believer alive during the RAPTURE will be taken away...
While others believe a partial RAPTURE...

Who do you believe will go?

Baby - Newly Converted Believer?

Carnal - Worldly Believer?

Matured - Spiritual Believer?
No one will be removed because the concept of Rapture is cow squeeze.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
I am fulfilling my reason for being and I am serving God not only with all my heart, but also with all my mind and strength... working night and day just to see to it that the unreached people groups of the world may have a chance to hear the Gospel before its too late... and I believe in the Rapture - it made me sober and always anticipating for God's Blessed Hope while doing all my chores for the glory of God.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
No one will be removed because the concept of Rapture is cow squeeze.
The people during Noah's time also sneered and laughed at the thought of a coming deluge of a non-stop rain for 40 days and nights... until it came... but was too late for those who could have been saved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity