Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 02:23 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,515,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Have you ever seen someone with a sword coming out of his mouth??

Of course not!

So why should you think that Jesus is going to use a sword coming out of His mouth, in the same way that a man uses a sword in his hand??

Peace,
brian
What can one say to someone who just goes to such wanton extremes to ignore the obvious ... are they just being deliberatly stupid or deliberatly refusing to not admit their error, I don't know.
I just lose patience with this deliberate whatever you're doing.

Just wondering .... are you the same way when people say:
"that child has a potty mouth"
"speaks with a forked tongue"
Does this sound like a pacifist? Jesus' parable of the Ten Minas (Luke 19:11-27)
A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return" (Ref to himself [Jesus] )

But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, ‘We don’t want this man to be our king.’ (ref to those reject this Jesus ... as pcamps said " i reject him and will not have it rulling over me)

“His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! ' "
" "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’ ”
Does this sound like a pacifist?
“It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” Deut. 32:35
“It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” Hebrews 10:30-31

"They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” Rev 6:10

After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting:
“Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,
for true and just are his judgments.

He has condemned the great prostitute
who corrupted the earth by her adulteries.
He has avenged on her the blood of his servants.”

And again they shouted:
“Hallelujah! The smoke from her goes up for ever and ever.” Rev 19:1-3

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.' " Matthew 25:41

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 06:04 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,379,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
What can one say to someone who just goes to such wanton extremes to ignore the obvious ... are they just being deliberatly stupid or deliberatly refusing to not admit their error, I don't know.
I just lose patience with this deliberate whatever you're doing.

Just wondering .... are you the same way when people say:
"that child has a potty mouth"
"speaks with a forked tongue"
Does this sound like a pacifist? Jesus' parable of the Ten Minas (Luke 19:11-27)
A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return" (Ref to himself [Jesus] )

But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, ‘We don’t want this man to be our king.’ (ref to those reject this Jesus ... as pcamps said " i reject him and will not have it rulling over me)

“His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! ' "
" "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’ ”
Does this sound like a pacifist?
“It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” Deut. 32:35
“It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” Hebrews 10:30-31

"They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” Rev 6:10

After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting:
“Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,
for true and just are his judgments.

He has condemned the great prostitute
who corrupted the earth by her adulteries.
He has avenged on her the blood of his servants.”

And again they shouted:
“Hallelujah! The smoke from her goes up for ever and ever.” Rev 19:1-3

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.' " Matthew 25:41

I think you're looking comparing God to man. But God is not man. Now if Christ has a sword coming out of his mouth, there's a reason it's in his mouth and not in his hand. It's not a figure of speech, like saying "pottymouth." It's scripture, with spiritual meaning. There's a big difference.

The "great prostitute" is not an individual. It is more in reference to man's system of religion, that mixes spiritual with carnal, and is an offense to God.

Revelation is a spiritual book, with spiritual truths for spiritual eyes. Including words like "blood" and "slay" and "fire."

Blessings,
brian

Old 09-27-2012, 10:02 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,515,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I think you're looking comparing God to man. But God is not man. Now if Christ has a sword coming out of his mouth, there's a reason it's in his mouth and not in his hand. It's not a figure of speech, like saying "pottymouth." It's scripture, with spiritual meaning. There's a big difference.

The "great prostitute" is not an individual. It is more in reference to man's system of religion, that mixes spiritual with carnal, and is an offense to God.

Revelation is a spiritual book, with spiritual truths for spiritual eyes. Including words like "blood" and "slay" and "fire."
Blessings,
brian
Again ... are you being deliberate?

Has it not dawn on you yet that it doesn't need to be confined to physically holding a sword to be considered not a pacifist?

Yes, there is a reason why it's in his mouth...for his word cuts both ways:
John 12:48
There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day

John 5:24
“I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

Jesus through his word is either going to save you or condemn you .. either way it's not pacifist.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:27 AM

102 posts, read 143,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Jesus was such a pacifists that he got the attention of the Romans!
Wrong. Jesus got the attention of the Jews (particularly the Pharisees). For those ignorant of Biblical facts, it was the Jews (not Romans) who sentenced Jesus to death. The Romans, as acting government, did carrying out the Jews wishes.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:38 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,379,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Again ... are you being deliberate?

Has it not dawn on you yet that it doesn't need to be confined to physically holding a sword to be considered not a pacifist?

Yes, there is a reason why it's in his mouth...for his word cuts both ways:
John 12:48
There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day

John 5:24
“I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

Jesus through his word is either going to save you or condemn you .. either way it's not pacifist.
I guess that depends on what your definition of pacifism is. I consider pacifism to be the intentional use of non-violence against one's neighbor in response to violence.

The word of God is considered "sharper than a two-edged sword." That sword isn't used against men. It's used against unrighteousness. There's a difference.

That's why I would consider Jesus a pacifist. He doesn't slay men. He slays wickedness, that men might grow.

Peace,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity