Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What say you?
It's better that most go to hell and a few go to heaven 6 28.57%
It'd be better if God never created us/we all just die 15 71.43%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 06:33 AM

20,439 posts, read 12,783,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
One of not knowing we are loved by God and alienation still in our minds from him.
Your source?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 11:52 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Your source?
Genesis to Revelation.

Do you think that a little over 2000 years go God decided to be mad no more with the world, but to love it instead?. Man by what he became( fell into), had a drastic change in his concept of God, the one concept that he cannot understand,is the state that he fell into that God sill loved him in that state.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Genesis to Revelation.

Do you think that a little over 2000 years go God decided to be mad no more with the world, but to love it instead?. Man by what he became( fell into), had a drastic change in his concept of God, the one concept that he cannot understand,is the state that he fell into that God sill loved him in that state.
I think without Jesus' redemptive work, we'd all be under God's wrath.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
I think without Jesus' redemptive work, we'd all be under God's wrath.
So are these sinners under the wrath of God ? Yes or no ?.

On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners . Mark 2:16

What was it that Jesus heard them saying?. and who was it that was annoyed that love,compassion grace and mercy was being shown instead of the wrath they thought that God should be showing to the sinner ?.

Another question.... How does God call you to repentance ?....... Read Romans 2:4 before you answer.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:24 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
As I read this thread, it takes me back to nun-run parochial school where the basic message was that "you are bad." Is it any wonder people stopped practicing? The best thing one can do, and should do, in life is try to remove themselves from negative situations, be they people, religions, clients, companies, and seek positive, affirming ones.

I had this one feminist friend in ATL who hated her father, a tavern owner in the NE. Her "always taking a woman's side" caused the friendship to end. It got tiring. She left me with one simple adage with which to make decisions, which I reflexively thought but she was able to verbalize: "the positives have to outweigh the negatives."

Old 10-12-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
So are these sinners under the wrath of God ? Yes or no ?.

On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners . Mark 2:16

What was it that Jesus heard them saying?. and who was it that was annoyed that love,compassion grace and mercy was being shown instead of the wrath they thought that God should be showing to the sinner ?.

Another question.... How does God call you to repentance ?....... Read Romans 2:4 before you answer.
Yes, they were. That's why Jesus came, to pay the "ransom" for sinners.

I'm not annoyed that sinners receive mercy, because I am one myself.

The only thing I'm passing judgment on is Universalism.

Now, what do you do with those verses I posted earlier, where it says Jesus saved us from the coming wrath?

Old 10-12-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
As I read this thread, it takes me back to nun-run parochial school where the basic message was that "you are bad." Is it any wonder people stopped practicing? The best thing one can do, and should do, in life is try to remove themselves from negative situations, be they people, religions, clients, companies, and seek positive, affirming ones.

I had this one feminist friend in ATL who hated her father, a tavern owner in the NE. Her "always taking a woman's side" caused the friendship to end. It got tiring. She left me with one simple adage with which to make decisions, which I reflexively thought but she was able to verbalize: "the positives have to outweigh the negatives."
Now as an adult, do you understand you were a sinner in need of a saviour?

Old 10-12-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Now as an adult, do you understand you were a sinner in need of a saviour?
I believe in the Old Testament and the New Testament. Like someone here said, "I was born right the first time, I don't need to be born-again." No, I do not believe I was a sinner at that time. At best, at around age 8, my sins would have been "venial" - as in trivial. Today is a different story. And I gave you my answer in sentences 1 and 2.

Old 10-12-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I believe in the Old Testament and the New Testament. Like someone here said, "I was born right the first time, I don't need to be born-again." No, I do not believe I was a sinner at that time. At best, at around age 8, my sins would have been "venial" - as in trivial. Today is a different story. And I gave you my answer in sentences 1 and 2.
What will you say to God on judgment day? Why should you be allowed in heaven?

Old 10-12-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
What will you say to God on judgment day? Why should you be allowed in heaven?
I don't think it will be like a tribunal. You'll either find yourself in heaven, purgatory, or hell. Right now, I just worry about being a decent person, faults and all. Your rep score is low. That means you beat a fundamentalist horse to death and are sort of a one-trick-pony, with little breadth in the subjects you are able to broach on a richly multifaceted venue such as CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity