Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 01:19 PM

16,740 posts, read 15,757,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Joe Bob View Post
I believe it's time to split this nation in two. We are too divided and going nowhere like we are. I would support dividing along the lines of who each state voted for in this election. Then the liberals could have things there way and conservitives could have things their way. We would all be a lot happier. Well the working people would but I suspect the people whose votes are bought with government checks would soon learn that no workers mean no free money.

I really think God is allowing the country to self destruct because of it's sin. It's hopeless with what we have in charge now. You will see much fewer jobs as soon as some of those new tax's Obama demanded kick in. More jobs will be outsourced because of it. I think the hand writing is on the wall. USA is dead in the water. Pray for a new nation to split away! I do.
Since there is no provision in the Constitution, there is no process for that to happen. It was tried once, but did not work out well. Besides, that discussion is beyond the scope of Religion and Spirituality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 02:42 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,765,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I sure would like to know where you get some of your facts from Finn.
90% .....
Statistic taken from whom \ where?
look up info about downs syndrome.

Quote:
Ok Finn, since you want walking, ... now that Obamacare is law of the land, when the death committee determines you are not worth it anymore, instead of us talking why you are .... we'll just walk away from you and leave you to the committee
Obama care has nothing do to with it. These statistics have existed before anyone even heard Of Obama.

I didn't vote for Obama, if you must know. I am just saying that voting republican doesn't make people any more or less holy in eyes of God. The republicans have behaved like fools, and nominating someone like Romney was a big mistake. The guy has supported abortion all his life, he invented Obama/romney care and the death panels etc, he has supported gay unions, and all of a sudden he pretends to oppose all that just to get the support of Christian voters, and to top it all, he is not even a Christian. It is dishonest, and shows the GOP is using Christianity as a political tool, and I do not think God is pleased to see that. Why do you think God allowed Obama to win the elections? It is NOT because he is the more christian choice, I'll tell you that much.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-09-2012 at 03:03 PM..

Old 11-09-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Joe Bob View Post
I don't tend to read fiction and books claiming they know the future. But if they make a movie out of it and it get's a G rating I would consider watching it.
Ok, I though you might have liked it since it is line with what you are saying. It is not about the future, it is about the recent events.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:

90% .....

Ok Finn, since you want walking, ... now that Obamacare is law of the land, when the death committee determines you are not worth it anymore, instead of us talking why you are .... we'll just walk away from you and leave you to the committee.

<snip>
There are no death committees. Now, back to Religion and Spirituality where truth is valued.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:

90% .....

<cut>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

(cut>
Here's the problem. You made a vague claim, got challenged to show your statistics, and you refused to back up your statement. You can't really expect to be taken seriously when your answer is "Look it up," do you?

Old 11-09-2012, 04:00 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,142,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Here's the problem. You made a vague claim, got challenged to show your statistics, and you refused to back up your statement. You can't really expect to be taken seriously when your answer is "Look it up," do you?
Actually he made a good point and I looked up "Down's Syndrome" and came to the conclusion that 100% of the Mother's that have Children with Down's Syndrome, did not have an Abortion.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:53 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,521,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Obama care has nothing do to with it. These statistics have existed before anyone even heard Of Obama.

I didn't vote for Obama, if you must know. I am just saying that voting republican doesn't make people any more or less holy in eyes of God. The republicans have behaved like fools, and nominating someone like Romney was a big mistake. The guy has supported abortion all his life, he invented Obama/romney care and the death panels etc, he has supported gay unions, and all of a sudden he pretends to oppose all that just to get the support of Christian voters, and to top it all, he is not even a Christian. It is dishonest, and shows the GOP is using Christianity as a political tool, and I do not think God is pleased to see that. Why do you think God allowed Obama to win the elections? It is NOT because he is the more christian choice, I'll tell you that much.
Nor did I ( vote for Obama) ... and for what's it worth, I too think that the GOP and DNC have used it for poltical purposes when it's convenient.

Correct.. Romney did made many u-turns on conservative issues and absolutly he is not even a Christian. (Nor is Obama for that matter)

Why do I think God allowed Obama to win the elections? ... IMHO from a spiritual pov, the alternative would have been worse.

At least with Obama it's clear he's no Christian when one bows in a Muslim mosque, when one openly promotes gay marriage, when one openly endorses the right of women to abort their child even though completely delivered. And being clear one can identify the wolf. It would not surprise me that in this term Obama will announce (or be discovered) that he converted to Muslim.

But the far worse wolf is one that comes in sheep's clothing (speaking in spiritual terms)

Old 11-09-2012, 06:02 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,225,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
And this is...the new Christian Taliban...truly disgusting. People like this give real Jesus following Christians a bad name.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:05 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,225,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood View Post
You must live in the Moderator cut: delete state of Alabama (which I can say, since I live there too). I hope you realize that Amendment 6 was only a symbolic vote. Our legislators wasted time and taxpayer dollars on a meaningless, unenforceable, amendment. Embarrassing....
Agreed...I also voted NO for Amendment 6 here in AL. All this state will do is waste precious tax payer dollars to attempt to defend something that can be defended. It's such a waste.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
It is not a vague claim. Anyone who wants to know the truth would look up the information. I don't come here to argue, or convince people to agree with me.

Down syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Abortion rates
A 2002 literature review of elective abortion rates found that 91–93% of pregnancies in the United Kingdom and Europe with a diagnosis of Down syndrome were terminated. Data from the National Down Syndrome Cytogenetic Register in the United Kingdom indicates that from 1989 to 2006 the proportion of women choosing to terminate a pregnancy following prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome has remained constant at around 92%.

In the United States a number of studies have examined the abortion rate of fetuses with Down syndrome. Three studies estimated the termination rates at 95%, 98%, and 87% respectively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity