Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 12:45 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,030,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Moderator cut: FYI

We did not allow strictly political posts during the election, about the election, because we have an election sub forum
for that purpose.

.The election is over now and this thread is allowed as it encompasses the religious aspect of some of the things that were voted and passed.
My feelings about the election are, Hallelujah, I'm so glad it is over! Maybe we can move on as a nation -- maybe...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 12:48 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,030,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
He answered my prayers
Seriously though, my prayer for the nation after this election is that we will become a more loving and tolerant nation to those who may or may not share our opinions on the things that are of a personal nature and that we all work towards what is best for the people who are a part of this great nation that was founded on the concept of government "of the people, by the people and for the people."
No one could have said it better. Miss Blue, what you said is bright and true.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:22 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,411,030 times
I can't speak for all Christians, since I accept others as Christians but don't embrace their viewpoints, however, a Catholic Christian is to, first and foremost, vote for social justice.

While I have to replicate some of what I talked out over on Politics/Elections, there were 4 issues with moral-ethical cross-over into religion:
1) the well being of the working class and middle class (and that means middle class, not upper middle class folks living in the best suburbs)
2) the protection of Medicare, Social Security, and equal access to being able to, in almost cases, BUY medical insurance without exclusionary provisions (it's NOT free)
3) the pro-life/abortion issue
4) the same-sex marriage issue

I am truly ashamed of any Christian who voted with the pulpit "fire and brimstone" admonishment that voting for a candidate where 3) and 4) ought to be their front burner items. A TRUE Christian who doesn't follow the "I've got mine, **** you" mentality voted for the candidate slate that puts 1) and 2) on their front burner, thereby seeking the well-being of a much larger and less fortunate group of people, rather than worrying about 2 concessionary issues for a smaller segment of the population, for which people should be allowed to act in accordance with their own conscience.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 11-10-2012 at 03:36 PM..

Old 11-10-2012, 11:05 PM

993 posts, read 834,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
And this is...the new Christian Taliban...truly disgusting. People like this give real Jesus following Christians a bad name.
So, if pro-lifers are terrorists, what would you call pro-deathers who support infanticide?
And what kind of name does it give to "Jesus-followers" who condone it?

Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 11-11-2012 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: Spoiler is inappropriate during to it's depiction being too severe.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
So, if pro-lifers are terrorists, what would you call pro-deathers who support infanticide?
And what kind of name does it give to "Jesus-followers" who condone it?
If you choose to remain in an ignorant state of denial, don't click below, and only click if you think you can handle it. If you refuse to face the reality of it, then your opinion is worthless.
Personally I am pro-life, but voted for a 3rd choice because obama is pro-choise, and Romney has also been pro-choise all his life (except during the campaign), and said during the campaign that he would do nothing about it if he were president. I think a lot of Christians are fooled into voting for anyone who claims to be against gays and abortion and it reduces us to being "useful idiots".

Old 11-27-2012, 08:55 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,449,703 times
The Day The World Stop Voting.......

It's unanimous! Not a single turn out! No ballots are cast!
How would we then pick a president?
Or, is he "picked" already?
How is he then implemented, presented, if not chosen by "we the people"?

a book I'm thinking of writing (fiction, "hypothetical of course) food for thought....

Old 11-27-2012, 03:28 PM

35,770 posts, read 21,139,250 times
The pretext was about abortion bla bla- but it is really about mammon and not waiting to give it to the people. They gathered all the relgious folks and screamed out the sins of homosexuality n abortion, and asked for the VOTE> the self righteous go for it- but in the end it was all about $$$. Abortion has been on the books for how long and no republican congress or president has touched it--- Mammon is the token, the truth of the matter, religious people think poor people over seas deserve a missionary and some money/ medical aide to help them, but our own here in the USA- well they are lazy and deserve their misery. shame
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity