Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 07:41 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
God has shared it, Lego. We all -- the world -- have been "bought". But until our eyes are opened to the treasure/kingdom/Spirit within, we will continue to "walk in the flesh" as if we still own ourselves. (Also, aisi, having our 'eyes opened' does not mean believing certain doctrines, but simply experiencing the Love/Light within ourselves that transforms us. All may not recognize the origin of that Love/Light, but that does not mean they are not experiencing it at various levels.)

Aisi
So, why did he hide it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 07:56 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,422,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, why did he hide it?
By the very nature of our physical existence, the treasure is hidden. The Spirit is hidden WITHIN us. It is not visible to the physical eye nor heard by the physical ear, nor is it recognized by our "flesh" nature.

As to God's purpose in creating the physical world of humanity... that's something to ponder. I only know God has not left us alone, but dwells within us.

Aisi

Old 11-18-2012, 07:58 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, why did he hide it?
Why did the Christian hide it ? when Jesus said

Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.

Our lives are hid with Christ in God.

A man found it( the man Christ Jesus),we were lost not God, He found us not the other way around, and the joy that was set before him, he went and bought the field,know ye not you were bought with a price ?.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Why did the Christian hide it ? when Jesus said

Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.

Our lives are hid with Christ in God.

A man found it( the man Christ Jesus),we were lost not God, He found us not the other way around, and the joy that was set before him, he went and bought the field,know ye not you were bought with a price ?.

Ah ... WE hid it from ourselves? God simply leaves it where it is (where it has always been), with the intent of uncovering it for us?

Interesting take.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:12 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Quote:
Ah ... WE hid it from ourselves? God simply leaves it where it is (where it has always been), with the intent of uncovering it for us?

Interesting take.
Not quite saying that Pleroo. I was asking Finn what is the purpose of the Christian hiding it, if he feels hiding the treasure serves no purpose .

God does hide things, He hides things from the wise and prudent.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Not quite saying that Pleroo. I was asking Finn what is the purpose of the Christian hiding it, if he feels hiding the treasure serves no purpose .

Oh, gotcha. Sorry I misunderstood.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
By the very nature of our physical existence, the treasure is hidden. The Spirit is hidden WITHIN us. It is not visible to the physical eye nor heard by the physical ear, nor is it recognized by our "flesh" nature.

As to God's purpose in creating the physical world of humanity... that's something to ponder. I only know God has not left us alone, but dwells within us.
You got the "within us" from this verse: Matt 13:44 “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field

If the man himself was the field, why did he have to sell everything to purchase it (himself)?

The parable says the man has to do something to obtain the field, and only then it is his.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:

I don't recall saying hiding it serves no purpose.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:04 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,710,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Matt 13:44 “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.

Why does he hide the kingdom once he has found it? Wouldn't he want to share it?
Or is it that most are not to receive it (yet)?

Thoughts?
Jewish tradition was that they hid their valuables by digging a hole in the earth (a field, etc.) and burying it there so that thief's and robbers could not steal it from them. In this case it was not his field and so he hid it back and went to the owner of the field and purchased it.

I believe when one discovers the treasures of the kingdom of God, Jesus Christ, great joy fills the heart and we (hid) bury it deep into our hearts...
we then obey God's kingdom by repenting, making restitution with God, which would be representing going and selling (giving) everything in our life, our ambitions, desires, everything we own to God and buying the field which to me represents exchanging our life for His rule in our entire life completely and His kingdom so that we may have the greatest treasure Jesus Christ..... As kind David says in Psalm 119:11 Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.

side note: I do know we can not buy our salvation. But we can hid the word of God, our treasure with great joy deep in our hearts that no man, whatever, can steal it from us.... burying it in the field of our hearts is the best place it can be !!

It had nothing to do with whether he shared it or not....

Old 11-18-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Jewish tradition was that they hid their valuables by digging a hole in the earth (a field, etc.) and burying it there so that thief's and robbers could not steal it from them. In this case it was not his field and so he hid it back and went to the owner of the field and purchased it.

I believe when one discovers the treasures of the kingdom of God, Jesus Christ, great joy fills the heart and we (hid) bury it deep into our hearts...
we then obey God's kingdom by repenting, making restitution with God, which would be representing going and selling (giving) everything in our life, our ambitions, desires, everything we own to God and buying the field which to me represents exchanging our life for His rule in our entire life completely and His kingdom so that we may have the greatest treasure Jesus Christ..... As kind David says in Psalm 119:11 Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.

side note: I do know we can not buy our salvation. But we can hid the word of God, our treasure with great joy deep in our hearts that no man, whatever, can steal it from us.... burying it in the field of our hearts is the best place it can be !!

It had nothing to do with whether he shared it or not....
Yes, exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity