Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 07:25 AM

951 posts, read 1,053,129 times

Advertisements

Exodus 20:
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

God's Seventh Day begins at from sunset at the end of the sixth day and ends at sunset at the end of the seventh day. It is holy time. If you steal God's holy time for your own personal use you are sinning! It is made for you but you are not the Lord of the Sabbath, Christ is! And Christ kept God's Commandments, all Ten of the Ten Commandments.

True Christians are those who have come out of this world and do not take part in this world's governments, sports, entertainment, etc. They work and pay taxes and that is about it. A true Christian is set apart just like the seventh-day Sabbath. If you are part of this wicked world then you are not set apart, you are not sanctified and you will see no difference in God's Holy Sabbath. You will think it is a common day just like the other six and like you who has not been set apart from the rest of the world you cannot discern the holy from the profane! God has to call you to repentance before you can truly see the difference!

So, you, the ones who cannot see the difference, then I say take it on faith and obey God and pray that this nation will be spared the horrendous horrors that are going to result for our Sabbath-breaking and idol worship and all of our other sins!

Wake Up, America! It's time we turned to the true God and the true Christ! Christ kept the weekly Sabbath and the annual Sabbaths and true Christians will be doing the same! Again, Wake Up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 08:34 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Not me! If you are going to do one law to maintain righteousness then you must maintain the whole law and thus fall out of grace! Read Galatians!

Old 11-20-2012, 10:42 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,139,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Exodus 20:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

God's Seventh Day begins at from sunset at the end of the sixth day and ends at sunset at the end of the seventh day. It is holy time. If you steal God's holy time for your own personal use you are sinning! It is made for you but you are not the Lord of the Sabbath, Christ is! And Christ kept God's Commandments, all Ten of the Ten Commandments.

True Christians are those who have come out of this world and do not take part in this world's governments, sports, entertainment, etc. They work and pay taxes and that is about it. A true Christian is set apart just like the seventh-day Sabbath. If you are part of this wicked world then you are not set apart, you are not sanctified and you will see no difference in God's Holy Sabbath. You will think it is a common day just like the other six and like you who has not been set apart from the rest of the world you cannot discern the holy from the profane! God has to call you to repentance before you can truly see the difference!

So, you, the ones who cannot see the difference, then I say take it on faith and obey God and pray that this nation will be spared the horrendous horrors that are going to result for our Sabbath-breaking and idol worship and all of our other sins!

Wake Up, America! It's time we turned to the true God and the true Christ! Christ kept the weekly Sabbath and the annual Sabbaths and true Christians will be doing the same! Again, Wake Up!
You are truly either bitter or brainwashed by the COG teachings if you truly believe sports or entertainment make you a sinner, as there is more to this life than work and pay taxes. There is much more to life than the weekly Sabbath as well. One day a week doesnt make or break a person. No other Gods, idol worship or graven images are everyday commands that defines your love for God. Dont covet, lie, steal, kill, honor parents are aslo every day commands which define your morality and how you Love your neighbor. The Sabbath command is a weekly command to remind the children of Israel they were once slaves in Egypt and to rest from there works. The Mosaic covenant has been fulfilled!!!!! The bible speaks against boasting and your by far the most boastful person on this forum with your constant weekly posts about your Sabbath observance and condemnation of others who dont keep it exactly like you do.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:24 AM

Not boasting, just warning.

This nation is going to come CRASHING DOWN!!! Sabbath-keeping and idolatry are at the top of the list for sins committed.

Christ was the Lord of the Sabbath. He kept the Sabbath. He warned that one should pray that one would not have to flee on the Sabbath in the end-time, 100's years in the future from His time on the earth. He told those seeking Eternal Life to keep the Commandments and listed 5 of the Ten showing that the commandments He was referring to were the Ten because else where He said to love God with all your heart, mind, etc as well as love your neighbor as yourself which implies the first 4 of the Ten Commandments show love to God and the last 6 of the Ten Commandments show love to your neighbor.

I am not proselytizing to get you to join God's Church because no one can join God's True Church (John 6:44,65). God must call you to repentance. You cannot repent and join by your own free-will. It must come from God.

But this nation, like ancient Israel who did not have God's Holy Spirit, needs to be warned of the consequences for disobeying the Commandments of God! You can scoff all you want and accuse me of all kinds of false things but in the end this nation is going to be nuked and our survivors made captives by other nations and made slaves for all of our sins against God, including (primarily) Sabbath-breaking and idolatry -- the twin sins that plagued ancient Israel, especially the northern 10 tribes -- the House of Israel.

Scoff and discredit all you want, but it is coming! The Ezekiel Warning is going out. It started on 1/7/1934 and this the 28,808th day of that warning!

Wake up, and repent! God rebuked me for not keeping the Sabbath holy when He called me. You are no better than I am. This nation needs to repent! Again, wake up!

Last edited by tthttf; 11-20-2012 at 11:50 AM..

Old 11-20-2012, 11:36 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
And which day is "The Sabbath?"

Old 11-20-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
And which day is "The Sabbath?"
Read this booket, the very same booklet I read when I first came into the truth:

http://www.cog-web-svc.com/hwa/books...df/sabbath.pdf

Old 11-20-2012, 11:51 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Quote:
Read this booket, the very same booklet I read when I first came into the truth:

http://www.cog-web-svc.com/hwa/books...df/sabbath.pdf
No. I want YOU to answer. Saturday? Sunday?

Old 11-20-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
No. I want YOU to answer. Saturday? Sunday?
Technically, it is neither!

Read the book in the link above.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:00 PM

151 posts, read 141,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Not me! If you are going to do one law to maintain righteousness then you must maintain the whole law and thus fall out of grace! Read Galatians!
unfortunately, I'm tempted to boast in you right now...

Old 11-20-2012, 12:02 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Exodus 20:

Are you an ancient Israelite living under the Law of Moses? I'm not. Romans 10:4 says that Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness. You go ahead and live by the Law....just make sure you're keeping all of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity